Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official "Big Brother Knows What's Best For You" thread

or why people are too stupid to know what's best for themselve's

“There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

No 17oz. beverages for you! - Soda Nazi

Comment

all the more reason governments should be small. no matter how good anyone's politics are meant to be, it will always pave the road to hell.

this is sad considering that this guy is a pro-business guy.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
        all the more reason governments should be small. no matter how good anyone's politics are meant to be, it will always pave the road to hell.

this is sad considering that this guy is a pro-business guy.

Exactly except saying your pro business and being pro business are different things.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

funny cuz you can just buy 2 16oz. lets ban soda, bloomberg is a dopeand wants to ban guns
          "I wanna see da boat movie"
          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

That's funny. You guys scream about this kinda stuff but seem to be ok with government telling gays they can't marry. Anyway, isn't Bloomberg a Republican?
            sigpic

Comment

bloomberg was demo, then republican, and now independent, he's confused. He should just come out of the closet.
              why would gays want to get married? don't they see it doesn't work. They should come up with their own shit that's better
              "I wanna see da boat movie"
              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                That's funny. You guys scream about this kinda stuff but seem to be ok with government telling gays they can't marry. Anyway, isn't Bloomberg a Republican?
                That's also funny, because not everyone one of us "guys" gives a flying fuck about what gays want to do. Now this shit right here is BS. Once obama care is fully implemented it will be ten times as bad as this kind of shit.

Oh you've been buying a lot of 16+ oz sodas were going to have to increase your premiums or not let you on the tab at all. Fuck it we'll just outright ban soda all together since it is so unhealthy. :D

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

yeah. telling gays they cant marry is kind of big government, isnt it? good point. im going to remember that one. who's the government to dictate who can marry? moving on...

honestly, i dont see how limiting the size of sodas that restaurants sell is the end of the world. it's not banning sodas, its just making people realize how many fucking sodas they are going to be drinking. "oh, you want a 64oz soda? go ahead and carry 4 cups fatty. oh, you think 4 sodas is a bit excessive?" yeah, it really is.

no more supersize bullshit.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

Let's get rid of the driving is a privilege bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Jefferson
                      The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

the problem with that is humans are naturally wicked when introduced with power. Both in business and in government, which have become interfused in importance for each other. Regulations get changed to suit the purpose of business expansion and regulators see who they oversee as the clients.

Liberty yields because it's not in the interest of profit to certain industries and "patriotism".

corporate fascism.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                          yeah. telling gays they cant marry is kind of big government, isnt it? good point. im going to remember that one. who's the government to dictate who can marry? moving on...

honestly, i dont see how limiting the size of sodas that restaurants sell is the end of the world. it's not banning sodas, its just making people realize how many fucking sodas they are going to be drinking. "oh, you want a 64oz soda? go ahead and carry 4 cups fatty. oh, you think 4 sodas is a bit excessive?" yeah, it really is.

no more supersize bullshit.

This'll really show those skinny fuckers who's right!

This will play right into the increase of taxes on soda as well. Now they'll generate more tax revenue now that people have to buy more sodas. Win win for large corrupt government telling the citizen what to do.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

That's funny. You guys scream about this kinda stuff but seem to be ok with government telling gays they can't marry.
                            Brilliant. It's not as funny as it should be though because it's also sad because it's true.

Anyway... I sure am thankful the government got McDonalds to stop serving SuperSize meals... and started making some fast food places offer healthier side alternatives... [For anyone who doesn't understand sarcasm, I'm referring to Morgan Spurlock's movie which dramatically changed McDonald's menu as well as encouraged Wendy's and others to improve the wellness of their meals through public response and them listening to the free market demands and desires, not the government's regulations]

Comment

And now he is making a movie about metrosexual manscaping, maybe the government will start to subsidize Gillette Fusion heads, those fuckers are pricey.

Comment

Working...
                              X