Is there a god?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OniKyan
    replied
    Originally posted by iXe<30
    well they don have to because theres is obviously the only one that actually exists right?
    That's what they like to think.

    Leave a comment:


  • Massimo
    replied
    Originally posted by iXe<30
    well they don have to because theres is obviously the only one that actually exists right?
    Zing

    Leave a comment:


  • iXe<30
    replied
    Originally posted by OniKyan
    I absolutely hate when people say they believe in god and don't specify which one.
    well they don have to because theres is obviously the only one that actually exists right?. I don't believe in a god. simply because i dont have a reason to. i could fully believe that the little engine that could is the true god because thats my favorite book (bible), but i don't. I can, however say that evolution happend (science) because it did. BUT, that doesn't disprove the existance of a god only skew the perception one might have of god. To me god is and idea rather than a being. Nobody "created" us, nobody "blesses" us with gifts like a good day. I sure as hell am greatfull that today was mild with a nice thunderstorm to go to bed to, but i dont give credit to one being... I say fuck yeah good weather.... So i guess my god is weather, my shitty ass e30 that i still love, and my career that i happen to enjoy starting, end of story..... no jesus, but respect and appretiation for the things around me. end of story
    Last edited by iXe<30; 06-28-2012, 09:32 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • OniKyan
    replied
    I absolutely hate when people say they believe in god and don't specify which one.

    Leave a comment:


  • OniKyan
    replied
    In this thread, the god we are referring to is the Judao/Christian ideal and not Norse, Greek, South American, Asian etc?

    Leave a comment:


  • Massimo
    replied
    If there was a god, he would not allow the atrocities that we see of "Gods Chariot".

    Fourbanger, R3V is not big enough for two members to have a picture of their cylinder head as their avitar. lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Fourbanger
    replied
    But those weren't real Catholics, bro.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fusion
    replied
    ...not to mention wars and other crazy shit usually aprroved and carried out in the name of religion hundreds of years back.
    And don't forget ponzi-schemeish practices, indulgences and blackmailing that the Catholic church did in the name of their god.

    I just can't logically justify taking part in mass governance of people's morals, behavior and opinions.

    Leave a comment:


  • cale
    replied
    Originally posted by ieatpeople
    i think some of them just like to engage in controversial arguments in order to somehow prove themselves better than another person.
    To be fair, once you start associating with people 20+ all the confrontational bullshit usually goes away. In fact I can't remember ever once experiencing an atheist being very upfront or derogatory with their beliefs. I can however say that I've had at least one friend who's a theist go so far as to invite me to their church to be forgiven knowing fully that I'm an atheist. Not to mention the countless theists I've had knock or leave pamphlets at my door.

    Leave a comment:


  • LBJefferies
    replied
    Originally posted by ieatpeople
    well, i'm hoping that alot of people are like this. i think some of them just like to engage in controversial arguments in order to somehow prove themselves better than another person.

    no need to argue, no need to fight, the only need is to do whats right.
    Bullshit. Religious fundamentalists have a huge negative impact on the world and make it generally shitty for everyone. We need more people to be vocal about their disbelief in order to counter the wackos who fly planes into sky scrapers and want to control what other people do with their bodies.
    Last edited by LBJefferies; 06-28-2012, 06:29 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ieatpeople
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    Same here.
    Originally posted by Mr_Tripp
    Thank you, why can't more people see the world like this.
    well, i'm hoping that alot of people are like this. i think some of them just like to engage in controversial arguments in order to somehow prove themselves better than another person.

    no need to argue, no need to fight, the only need is to do whats right.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr_Tripp
    replied
    Originally posted by ieatpeople
    I treat religious people like I treat homosexuals.


    If that's what makes you happy, good for you. I'm not personally interested in that, so please don't try to include me.
    Thank you, why can't more people see the world like this.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cliche Guevara
    replied
    Originally posted by herbivor
    Faith doesn't provide the answers. It just stops you from asking the questions.
    Exactly. When you answer a question with "god did it" you're effectively ending the conversation.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fusion
    replied
    Aside from people stuffing (any) religion down others' throats, I also hate false believers, aka tons of christians in the US. I was actually in awe when I saw the Globes or whatever, where actors didn't thank (a) god, though it was commonplace a couple years ago.
    It seems to me many people "believe" just to fit in / socialize and don't know shit nor go to church, many are raised to believe and basically have no choice, and many "turn to god" when they get in trouble or get sober. If it helps them, fine, I see no harm.

    I don't think true christianity is part of the American culture. Poland on the other hand is a very faith based example.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by ieatpeople
    I treat religious people like i treat homosexuals.


    If that's what makes you happy, good for you. I'm not personally interested in that, so please don't try to include me.
    Same here.

    Originally posted by cale
    And those who ask the why questions are not living as full of a life as you?
    I've just got a full plate so I don't have the time to sit around and think about these things. Maybe some spare time at work, or after work flipping on the Disco channel, but I'm not saying they are not living as full a life as me. I'm just saying, from my POV, it's not really something I have the time to worry about.

    My life is full, but not in the sense that I travel around doing what I enjoy and making the most of it. My life is full making shit happen to better my life in the future so I can travel, etc, etc.

    Leave a comment:

Working...