Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fiscal conservatives love obama?

i didnt even know.

Amidst all the cries of Barack Obama being the most prolific big government spender the nation has ever suffered, Marketwatch is reporting that our president has actually been tighter with a buck than any United States president since Dwight D. Eisenhower.

It’s enough to make even the most ardent Obama cynic scratch his head in confusion. Amidst all the cries of Barack Obama being the most prolific big government spender the nation has ever suffered, Marketwatch is reporting that our president has actually been tighter with a buck than any United States president [...]

of course i fully expect some of you to stick to your guns about how obama is spending way too much money.
    AWD > RWD

Ramble Ramble Ramble!
    1985 BMW 325e
    1997 BMW M3/4/5
    2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

It is an observable phenomenon......

The most strident Obama haters, like religious people, reject any facts that would undermine their beliefs.

This is not new.

I believe part of the anti-Obama rage is due to the fact that he has said America is no longer the greatest country in the world....(HOW DARE HE!)...which is a data-supported fact. Many of the religious would like to blame everything secular for this, but in fact, Iraq was one of the most intellectually progressive societies until the resurgence of religious fervor.

Americans are a myopic bunch.....one need only look at the minor-deity status afforded Reagan, who the Tea Party holds up as an example of small government (he grew it), low taxes (he increased them 11 times) and economic prosperity (budget deficit grew).

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
        It is an observable phenomenon......

The most strident Obama haters, like religious people, reject any facts that would undermine their beliefs.

This is not new.

I believe part of the anti-Obama rage is due to the fact that he has said America is no longer the greatest country in the world....(HOW DARE HE!)...which is a data-supported fact. Many of the religious would like to blame everything secular for this, but in fact, Iraq was one of the most intellectually progressive societies until the resurgence of religious fervor.

Americans are a myopic bunch.....one need only look at the minor-deity status afforded Reagan, who the Tea Party holds up as an example of small government (he grew it), low taxes (he increased them 11 times) and economic prosperity (budget deficit grew).

Yes, this subforum is filled with children who exhibit this behavior perfectly.

Comment

Oh yeah, this is where the left plays with the numbers and "budgets" to make it *look* like your government is the solution candidate looks like he's not a big spender. Red Herrings don't just swim in the sea.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I hope Obama's re election inspires a right wing nut job mass suicide. Whats your suicide method of choice? Not a gun obviously since Obama already took your guns away.

Comment

well, joshh responded with crazy as per his M.O.

i was really looking forward to some arguments disproving this, but i haven't seen any. since silence is consent, im assuming that all the conservatives now secretly love and champion obama as the new face of fiscal conservatism.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

nahhh some of us are too busy working and so on, that we dont have the time to devote to such ventures. As you are aware I am making most of my posts from my phone when I have an odd minute or 2
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                  well, joshh responded with crazy as per his M.O.

i was really looking forward to some arguments disproving this, but i haven't seen any. since silence is consent, im assuming that all the conservatives now secretly love and champion obama as the new face of fiscal conservatism.
                  Hardly, just see no point in arguing in twisted, misleading statistics.

How's this for a number, 43 cents on the dollar are borrowed spending. $6 Trillion in debt in 4 years, compared to $4 Trillion in 8 (not that Bush wasn't a big spender, I disliked his policies as well).

But if arguing the increase in spending (which is ridiculous anyway with baseline budgeting) is smaller makes you feel better, enjoy that warm blanket and hot cocoa.
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    Hardly, just see no point in arguing in twisted, misleading statistics.

How's this for a number, 43 cents on the dollar are borrowed spending. $6 Trillion in debt in 4 years, compared to $4 Trillion in 8 (not that Bush wasn't a big spender, I disliked his policies as well).

But if arguing the increase in spending (which is ridiculous anyway with baseline budgeting) is smaller makes you feel better, enjoy that warm blanket and hot cocoa.
                    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Comment

creepy.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                        If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post

I believe part of the anti-Obama rage is due to the fact that he has said America is no longer the greatest country in the world....(HOW DARE HE!)...which is a data-supported fact.
                          Oh yes I am 100% sure that the conclusion that can be drawn from some random set of data is that "America is no longer the greatest country in the world". Clearly that must be the case.

Do you realize how retarded that sounds?

R3v needs a jerking off emoticon.

Comment

maybe this will help dispell any nonsense that obama is some sort of fiscal conservative
                            this is his budget, his fault, end of story

“There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Hmmm, that is interesting but I feel this article paints the full picture: http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...Q_graphic.html
                              "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                              -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                              X