Paul Ryan

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gwb72tii
    replied
    even Clinton's former chief of staff likes Ryan

    Erskine Bowles, the Democratic co-chairman of President Obama's National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform, called the Paul Ryan budget |


    i'd also argue that if you cut spending hard and raise taxes we'd be in a serious recession and tax revenues would never match expectations. the economy has to grow to get out of the hole we're in.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cliche Guevara
    replied
    Originally posted by gwb72tii
    i think he is the democrat's worst case scenario. the guy has a record of working with fiscally sensible democrats. he's no hard line republican. in fact the proposal he has now in front of congress about entitlements is co-sponsored by a democrat.

    and the debate is now on the economy and off shit that doesn't matter, like paying or not paying taxes, legally.
    Is he one of those "never ever raise taxes ever" idiots? What we need is someone to come forward and admit that we'll have to both cut entitlements and raise taxes in order to balance the budget. The only spending Congress will consider cutting is non military discretionary spending, which is some of the most fruitful spending. Things like scientific research, education, and infrastructure lay the framework for a strong nation, but they're the first thing we look to when we need to save a quick buck.

    Leave a comment:


  • gwb72tii
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliche Guevara
    Further supporting my theory that Romney is a Republican John Kerry.
    if romney had chosen portman or some other romney-like-clone for vp, it would be really hard to pull the lever, but i would anyways.

    Leave a comment:


  • gwb72tii
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliche Guevara
    I really haven't looked into his policies with enough detail to form an opinion. He at least seems like a good guy, though, which is pretty rare in DC.
    i think he is the democrat's worst case scenario. the guy has a record of working with fiscally sensible democrats. he's no hard line republican. in fact the proposal he has now in front of congress about entitlements is co-sponsored by a democrat.

    and the debate is now on the economy and off shit that doesn't matter, like paying or not paying taxes, legally.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cliche Guevara
    replied
    Originally posted by gwb72tii
    i would vote for a dog catcher
    Further supporting my theory that Romney is a Republican John Kerry.

    Leave a comment:


  • gwb72tii
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter, you were going to vote for Romney no matter what. right?
    i would vote for a dog catcher

    Leave a comment:


  • Cliche Guevara
    replied
    I really haven't looked into his policies with enough detail to form an opinion. He at least seems like a good guy, though, which is pretty rare in DC.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by gwb72tii
    ron paul is like voting for O
    At least I'm not voting for O....or R. I can't stand either of them. It's literally the best of two evils, and I'm only voting for Paul so I can complain and people can't pull the "well you didn't vote" bullshit on me. Otherwise I wouldn't waste my time voicing an opinion I didn't get to choose to have.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter, you were going to vote for Romney no matter what. right?

    Leave a comment:


  • gwb72tii
    replied
    ron paul is like voting for O

    Leave a comment:


  • Cabriolet
    replied
    i've never given a penny to a person begging.

    Im voting for Ron Paul. i no like paul ryan

    This BS reckless spending needs to stop. we need to gtfo out these stupid wars and drag this country outa debt. and i dont want healthcare and dont force it on me.
    Last edited by Cabriolet; 08-13-2012, 10:26 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • herbivor
    replied
    I'm curious how he will answer to the nuns about his budget proposal, considering he is a "devout" Catholic. The Catholics don't think his budget proposal falls in line with their mission of helping the poor (not that any republican proposal has or would). I'm glad Romnry picked Ryan. It just makes it that much easier for team O.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Never trust a man with two first names....

    ...unless his two first names are Ron and Paul.

    Leave a comment:


  • Morrison
    replied
    I don't think Paul Ryan will help to win seniors' support in Florida and its 27 electoral votes. I also don't think he will cater to independent voters from the key swing states. Seems like an odd pick when you know you've already got the support of your base.

    Leave a comment:


  • th3blue
    replied
    If he really has magic powers then he's great. until then:

    He asserts that he can cut taxes without net loss of revenue by closing unspecified loopholes; he asserts that he can cut discretionary spending to levels not seen since Calvin Coolidge, without saying how; he asserts that he can convert Medicare to a voucher system, with much lower spending than now projected, without even a hint of how this is supposed to work. This is just a fantasy, not a serious policy proposal.
    -Paul Krugman

    Leave a comment:

Working...