Benghazi-Gate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benghazi-Gate?

What is your thoughts? Will it affect the way you decide to vote. Orwill it hust go away due Congress not being in session?
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

White house and media is trying to downplay it big time. Killing a US ambassador is a huge deal. Not trying to politicize the presidents "bump in the road" comment, but I feel like the WH's response should be stronger than it is.
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Do you have any suggestions or are you just spouting blind outrage?

Comment

Originally posted by Cliche Guevara View Post
        Blind outrage? Where do get that from. I am disturbed by the continuing downplaying of what happened. It is sad to see the president apologize for a terrorist attack on our embassy. I'd like to hear some answers from the questions that are out there.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
          Blind outrage? Where do get that from. I am disturbed by the continuing downplaying of what happened. It is sad to see the president apologize for a terrorist attack on our embassy. I'd like to hear some answers from the questions that are out there.
          This
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Will you ever care about the "most transparent administration" ever continuously lying?

*insert witty comment about how all politicians lie*
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I'm curious about the two marines killed. A few news agencies have said that they were both former navy seals. Are they ex-seals because they are dead? Or did both if them become marines as a cover? Or did they both think being a marine would be better than being a seal, so they crossed services?

Comment

I can only imagine the shit storm the media would be on if this happened during the Bush admin. But since the media has a hankering for Marxists they give it a pass.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                  He never apologized for it, not even in the slightest. That's complete and utter bullshit. Obama, along with SoS Clinton, issued strong statements of condemnation while reaffirming our partnership with the new Libyan government. He also has increased security at our embassies in an effort to prevent another such tragedy. I'll ask again, what more should he do?

edit @joshh: If you think you're making some sort of clever point with the Obama quote in your sig you're absolutely not. All you're doing is confirming our suspicions of your ignorance and lack of appreciation for context.

Comment

I agree with the majority, Americans where killed and they were just like, whatever, can we still be friends Libya?
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                      I agree with the majority, Americans where killed and they were just like, whatever, can we still be friends Libya?
                      The Libyan government fucking helped us during the attack. They're the ones that took the ambassador to a hospital where it was confirmed he was dead.

Comment

edit @joshh: If you think you're making some sort of clever point with the Obama quote in your sig you're absolutely not. All you're doing is confirming our suspicions of your ignorance and lack of appreciation for context.

:rofl::rofl:

Comment

He never apologized for it, not even in the slightest. That's complete and utter bullshit. Obama, along with SoS Clinton, issued strong statements of condemnation while reaffirming our partnership with the new Libyan government. He also has increased security at our embassies in an effort to prevent another such tragedy. I'll ask again, what more should he do?
                          I think it was the "oh no it wasn't a terrorist attack" line we got from his administration for DAYS after the knew it was a terrorist attack.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                            I think it was the "oh no it wasn't a terrorist attack" line we got from his administration for DAYS after the knew it was a terrorist attack.
                            I don't recall them flat out denying that it was a terrorist attack. While Obama hasn't until recently used that specific word, he has been unwavering in condemning the attack and groups who took part. In his response the next day I saw nothing more than a strong, solemn, and straight-forward approach to discussing the event. The right is doing an excellent job of manufacturing outrage at the administration over this, something they've proven quite adept at (ex: the "you didn't build that" bullshit).

Comment

It sucks. We'll learn a lot of lessons from it, I'm sure. The reality is it sounds like State is undermanned worldwide. As the past few weeks have demonstrated- there are just too many potential flashpoints to have the proverbial "warm and fuzzy" at every single embassy. Unfortunately we're going to have to settle for a worldwide status of "cold, scaly and alert."

But I think it will get worse before it gets better in the middle east.

We live in an era of persistent conflict. It may not be a running gun battle on a hillside in Afghanistan or a street in Fallujah, but their dream (terrorism) has not died.

It's a messy business, this foreign affairs stuff. Foreign Service Officers take their jobs knowing that it's not always rosy, not always cocktail parties and and galas- and we owe them a debt of gratitude.

I'm not even going to talk about the politics... it kinda makes me sick.
                              /______\_o_/______\
                              l{(OO)=[//][\\]=(OO)}|
                              \ #___======___# /
                              |__/-------------\__|

"Took me an hour to do this..."

took me like three seconds to copy/paste it- FOR SCIENCE!!

Barney Fucking Rubble

Comment

Working...
                              X