Obamacareless begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    its bull shit that everyone gets to keep the care plans they have, When their Employers are dropping said plans, or the providers are dropping the plans due to the increased cost thanks to 0-care.
    Costs for healthcare have far outpaced inflation for 20+ years and during that time more and more employers have been dropping healthcare for their employees over this time period.

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
      ~95% of employers nationwide are keeping things the way they are.
      WooHoo! I am still in the 5%......

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
        going to be like canadian healthcare.

This video is silly. Going to one Canadian hospital does not tell the story. They went to a Quebec hospital. Healthcare is dealt with on a provincial basis. Hospitals in PEI for instance are not equal to hospitals in ontario. Quebec is shit broke. I'm not kidding. If Quebec were its own country it would be right at the top for worst in debt nation. The divide increases when comparing city hospitals to rural. hospitals. Anything in a large city always takes longer.

For instance. I received a 347v shock at work. I had to go to the hospital for a checkup due to company policy. This happened late friday afternoon. The clinics close at 3 on Fridays. This is normal, because family doctor visits must be scheduled 1-2 days in advance and they can't handle anything beyond pee in this cup. If you want something done immediately, you go to Emerge. Once in Emerge, A triage nurse usually immediately examines you(usually). Upon examination you are put in order of need. If you have a sore wrist and someone comes in from a car accident, guess who goes in first. This is normal.

Moving on. For my electric shock workup I went to a large city hospital at 6pm on a friday evening. This is hospital rush hour. The projected wait was 10 hours. Did I wait? Hell no, I drove 25 minutes away to a rural hospital. I was through triage in 10 minutes and in front of a doctor in 60. I was in and out in 2 hours with my clean bill of health.

Whats the point I am trying to make? Lacking an understanding of a health care system and using it incorrectly to mock it is only making an ass of yourself. The waits I described were weekend waits. If you go at 10am in a weekday its like a drivethrough.....assuming you don't go to a big city hospital.

That being said, our provinces are in debt levels far greater than California due to healthcare costs. People literally die on cancer treatment waiting lists in a way that courts have ruled is a human rights violation. We have a two tier system emerging in Canada. It is technically illegal, but the government does not fight it because it removes strain from the public system.

I don't support subsidized healthcare. The costs are too great and can't be sustained. I do however believe the video was assinine and didn't cover the big picture.
        Last edited by canadiankid; 09-28-2013, 08:37 AM.

Comment

gee, what's the wait in an American "emergency" room?

I've had friends who went in there bleeding all over the place, and nobody would even look at them.

another went in because he had something in his eye. after waiting like 5 hours to see a doctor, the doctor didn't do anything (it'll come out on it's own). the best part? a bill for $5000.

a few years ago my wife broke her arm horse back riding. we drove to the nearest hospital (in Canada). saw the triage nurse immediately. saw the doctor 15 minutes later, got her xray, a cast, and was out of there in an hour and a half. I was shocked.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ahhh yes, the "case study as a replacement for generalization" train of logic.

Well done chaps.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Makes you proud to be Murican, doesn't it?

Comment

Day 1 of the exchange, who signed up?
                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

little woman tired, could not prove her identity, didnt like one of the charters in our street address. Site is locked up tighter than a bulls ass at fly time, thanks all the traffic, to the point you cant even get the phone numbers to call off of it.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    little woman tired, could not prove her identity, didnt like one of the charters in our street address. Site is locked up tighter than a bulls ass at fly time, thanks all the traffic, to the point you cant even get the phone numbers to call off of it.

I know there is a number cause there was a report in which they were attempting to call but was on hold forever. But she was running into the same thing as you posted.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Anyone have anything more on this story?

A man who attempted to sign up for Obamacare online was told that a fine of over $4,000 dollars a year for refusing to take out mandatory health insurance could be taken directly from his bank account, and that his drivers license would be suspended and a federal tax lien placed against his home, according to an entry on the HealthCare.gov Facebook page.
                      Image: Obama signs the Affordable Care Act.

If true, the implementation of Obamacare is going to be a whole lot more draconian than Americans have been led to believe.
                      Will Sheehan claims that when he tried to sign up for Obamacare and then register to opt out, he received an ominous warning. Sheehan’s full Facebook post reads;
                      “I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 “Silver Plan” and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I “opt-out” and chose to continue along with no insurance.
                      I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the “REPERCUSSIONS PORTION” for “non-payment” of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with “Non-Payment” and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy “Automatically withdraw” your “penalties” weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is “Free” or even “Affordable.”
                      Sheehan went on to point out that the site makes you input all your personal information before giving you an indication of the costs, meaning a database of the “uninsured” is being built. He added that he could not afford to pay the premium so would have to break the law and pay the fine, leaving him with no health care coverage.
                      The federal government has consistently denied that any fines pertaining to Obamacare non-compliance could be seized from bank accounts, despite reports last year that the IRS had hired 16,500 new agents to harass citizens who attempt to evade the new law.
                      “There’s no criminal sanctions for not paying this, and there’s no ability to levy a bank account or do seizures,” then-IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman said in April 2010.
                      In addition, Americans who refuse to pay for mandatory health insurance “shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution,” according to the law itself.
                      Section 1501(g)(2) of the Affordable Care Act also states that the IRS cannot “file notice of lien with respect to any property of a taxpayer by reason of any failure to pay the penalty imposed by this section.”
                      Either Sheehan’s claim that he received this notice is a lie, or the feds have been dishonest with the American people all along, and the revolt against Obamacare is about to take “don’t tread on me” to a whole new level.
                      Read a copy of the full exchange on Facebook below.

Comment

any source for this OTHER than a post on facebook?
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          any source for this OTHER than a post on facebook?

Im asking the same...

Comment

My understanding is that if you take the fine for the individual mandate you will have that money taken from your paycheck by your employer, not your tax refund/bill.

Comment

I see we're getting our news from facebook posts now. The boys must be getting desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                                I see we're getting our news from facebook posts now. The boys must be getting desperate.
                                That is a serious claim by that person on the facebook page of ACA. Either that guy is full of shit, or that is some scary ass shit. Question was out there for all you internet detectives.

Day 3, today... anyone sign up as of yet? In Tennessee they are going to be giving away free Obama Phones if you sign up. Sounds like a bargain!

Community Health Alliance, Tennessee’s health insurance co-op, is running a unique promotional program to drive enrollment in its plans for sale on the exchange: health insurance in exchange for a smartphone.

As part of its Community Health Connection Program, CHA is offering qualified individuals an LG Lucid 2 4G smart phone (or equivalent model), a phone plan and tech support, included as a cost of their health plan benefits. The phone plan includes unlimited talk, unlimited texting and 1.2GB of data.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/02/ob...#ixzz2gfMNgeNU

Comment

Working...
                                X