No announcement yet.

Obamacareless begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Aahhh thats wack to give a phone away. Oh well... states rights!

I have! Under $100 for a basic insurance (as a student making below poverty). I have epilepsy which I was about to pay $800 high deductible plan for.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
      I have! Under $100 for a basic insurance (as a student making below poverty). I have epilepsy which I was about to pay $800 high deductible plan for.
      congrats, can you list your plan that you purchased? Does your school offer a student insurance plan though the school?
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

thought this was uber funny..

Need health care coverage? Just dial 1-800-F**KYO to reach Obamacare’s national hotline

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

that was a pointless click. I want my 15 seconds back.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

uh-o,

I make too much money so my insurance is going up ~$100 a month!

Did some research though and I make more than 2/3s of the people in my county, so now I feel like some kind of royalty. Also now my prescriptions and doc visits are free and my girlfriend gets free birth control.

It also seems like even if I had a wife and kid, I would be paying about the same per month as if I was single. Gotta find a hot single mom to team up with for tax reasons.

Comment

Comment

I escaped the first and second wave of cuts. Departmentally, ten so far and another 10 scheduled for wave 3. The CEO "resigned", the union is forming, staffing has been cut, getting meds take longer and rumor is, patients are filing lawsuits.

Yeah, I see improvement already.
                Last edited by FL318is; 10-09-2013, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Just 51,000 people completed Obamacare applications during the website's first week, out of tens of millions of Americans in 36 states

Comment

This legislation is going to fuck the President, and his constituents in Congress, right square I'm the ass come mid terms.
                    PNW Crew
                    90 m3
                    06 m5

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                      Just 51,000 people completed Obamacare applications during the website's first week, out of tens of millions of Americans in 36 states

So you think it's best to judge enrollment in medical coverage that doesn't start for 3 months like a box office opening? Interesting.

A would propose a more reasonable and intelligent approach would be to look at the enrollment trend in Romneycare.

Two models come to mind for reporting this information. Model A is the New York Stock Exchange and minute-by-minute tallies and updates. Model B is the monthly unemployment statistics, out the first Friday of every month (except when there's a federal government shutdown -- d'oh!).

In Massachusetts, we had intense interest in the progress of enrollment in the early days of health reform in 2006 and 2007, and we followed Model B. Once a month, at the board meeting of the Health Connector, everyone would learn what happened the month before. That makes sense.

To my friends in the media, I have one message: please take a chill pill. You won't see 7 million enrollees for a while, and that's not failure, that's real world.
                      Worth noting -- July 2007 was the first month of actual coverage. Enrollment in the months leading up to July was a trickle. You can see the biggest jump in December 2007 because that is the month when the individual mandate penalty became effective -- even though it was only a $95 hit on state taxes for 2007.

Here's the actual data on initial enrollment in Commonwealth Care -- the subsidized part of MA health reform. Note, please, the difference in enrollment between the no premium and the premium paying parts of this population:
                      When coverage starts might give an early since (January). The mandate requirement is effective March 1st (and sign up would need to be by Feb 15), so waiting until then would be best to hold judgement.

Of course, you can jump up and down to celebrate people not having health coverage all you want... but it doesn't mean it's valid.

Bottom line -- expectations of large-scale, instantaneous enrollment in the ACA are unrealistic and uninformed.

Massachusetts has achieved a level of coverage which is higher than the likely full impact of the ACA ever -- about 97% of all state residents. The rest of the nation should be so lucky. AND, it did not happen over night. It was a slow crawl, not a sprint.

Keep your own, and your readers', and the public's expectations at a realistic level, please. You'll be doing a service.

Comment

because that is the month when the individual mandate penalty became effective

yeah I guess once you force someone to sign up, the numbers change...

Comment

because that is the month when the individual mandate penalty became effective

yeah I guess once you force someone to sign up, the numbers change...
                          I failed to read anywhere where a gun to going to be held to anyone's head. I did read there was a tax penalty for not being responsible enough to obtain health coverage.

But I guess Romney provided us with that model and demonstrated how effective it was to reducing the number of uninsured people. So if you are upset, take it up with him!

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                            I failed to read anywhere where a gun to going to be held to anyone's head. I did read there was a tax penalty for not being responsible enough to obtain health coverage.

But I guess Romney provided us with that model and demonstrated how effective it was to reducing the number of uninsured people. So if you are upset, take it up with him!

Never liked Romney either! To force anything on anyone is a crime in itself!

And a gun was never mentioned, till you brought it up!

Comment

Never liked Romney either! To force anything on anyone is a crime in itself!

And a gun was never mentioned, till you brought it up!
                              What's next? Gubment gonna make parents not starve their kids? Make all men over 18 register for the draft? Pay their taxes?

Your lunacy knows no bounds. I don't think you like any government and would prefer anarchy.

So they aren't threatening violence? Just providing a choice between finding coverage or a fine for non-compliance? Those animals!

Comment

Is there still going to be a medi-care/caid/cal tax? Any body know?

Comment

Working...
                                X