Obamacareless begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
    while my phone logs into an NSA scanned network. Hooray.
    Yeah, they already are, don't worry about that part. You're not currently living in the U.S. therefore you information is but one of a million that is being scanned.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I'm so confused..

oh wait, nevermind. here's their "balance"
      There are 2 major political parties in America. I’m a member of the naïve, stupid, and cowardly one. I’m a Republican. How stupid is the GOP? They still don’t get it.
      Last edited by nando; 10-22-2013, 06:58 AM.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Little woman still can't "prove" her identity to them thanks too the / in our street address, though the / is perfectly acceptable for the mailing address lines in the system. Have not gotten a price and the amount of info that was in the system already is a bit creepy as is.

So can they fine her for not signing up if the site does not work or won't let her confirm her identity?????

Nando: iirc from some recent readings NY and nj are the 2 main states that saw rate drops, while most of the rest of the country saw increases of up 400% (WY was that state iirc ) with most seeing around a 90% increase
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-22-2013, 07:25 AM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

yeah I think the website is still broken. has she tried calling instead?

the deadline isn't until march or something, so there is still time.

apparently some places are seeing big increases because only one or two insurers are participating, so the idea of competition isn't working there. but if you actually believe in the power of markets, that should hopefully self correct over time.

I'm not sure how or if it will affect my plan at all since it's already "qualified" under the law, and my employer pays most of the premiums. would you believe my dental insurance costs me twice as much as my medical? ugh.

also, I'm shocked people were paying $1600 a month for health insurance. that's more than my house!
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yeah she has tried calling they gave her the run around d saying they could not help her until the system is fixed.............. we have another option, just that for nearly 14 years we have refused to let the govt socially engineer our lives with incentives or penalties enforced by the IRS. Its an option that we are discussing and considering heavilly at this point. Thanks Obama..........

I think it has more to do with a lack of population to even enroll in said plans more than anything because it seemed too me that the largest rate hikes were coming from the low population states and if that holds true it will not come down too much with competition because the more spread out the consumers are over providers the smaller the pools will be in each provider....
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I think it's probably both. maybe it would be better if the smaller populations grouped together their exchanges or something to get a bigger pool.

move to Alberta? :p
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Well MT has had a state exchange for a long time for anyone regardless of income to enroll in so long as you had been declined by the open market. Even if you could get care through your employer and just didn't like their option and wanted to go on your own. The plan we have had for her was as good or betterthan the new gold plans and was a resonoable price though maybe a little high for those at the very bottom of the income scale,but there were recent options for them as well. Well all that goes away now thanks to 0 care, essentially duplicating the system, though excution is botched and prices are likely to be higher by a large margin

Yes its been a very slow morning at work today

William Pitt-

Comment

wasn't the plan you had before a temporary one created by ACA? I think RWH posted that before.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yes but it had been around long before o care. The temp was a fed requirement that had to be adopted in addition too what was already available

William Pitt-

Comment

Obamacare: Hidden Spreadsheet Shows Premium Rates For Every Health Plan In Your Area

Healthcare.gov, the official Obamacare insurance exchange website, removed references to a nationwide premium rate spreadsheet, which allows Americans to determine the most inexpensive health plans in their area, but it is still available here.

The seven megabyte Excel spreadsheet, which can now only be found by a file name search on Healthcare.gov, is current as of September 27, 2013 and displays premium rates for medical plans across America.
                      By using the filters on the spreadsheet, one can find the cheapest health insurance plans available in his area.
                      For example, the cheapest “Bronze” option for a 27-year-old individual in Travis County, Texas appears to be Blue Cross Blue Shield’s Blue Advantage Bronze HMO 006, with a monthly premium rate of $144.34.
                      The spreadsheet reveals some interesting observations.
                      Multiple counties in Virginia have the most expensive family plan in America, which has a staggering premium rate of $6,494.54 per month and is a “Gold” level plan offered by Optima Health.
                      The “Bronze” version of this plan is also available to a 27-year-old individual for $1,835.81 per month.
                      Single 27-year-olds in Comanche Count, Okla. are lucky.
                      They can get the cheapest “Bronze” plan in the country at $100.36 per month.
                      According to the spreadsheet, here is a breakdown of the average premium rates for families and individuals in America:

Comment

^ Laugh.

Infowars and prisonplanet...foolish.
                        2011 1M Alpine white/black
                        1996 Civic white/black
                        1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Oh this is lulzworthy, truly lulzworthy.

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

here's the view of someone embedded in the system, a doctor
                            and no, it's not all Obama's fault. it's increasing federal manipulation of healthcare's fault.

“There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                              and no, it's not all Obama's fault.
                              You sound sick. Are you feeling ok? Fever, chills, headaches, delusions of grandeur? You better go see a doctor, it could be terminal.

Comment

So... just got a letter saying my Health Insurance is being dropped thanks to Obama Care... Such fucking bullshit. So much for being "able to keep your current plan".

Comment

Working...
                                X