Everyone is scared, everyone has guns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone is scared, everyone has guns.

knowing I will likely have an intense backlash posting this, I think it does need to be said.

a little about me.

I'm 33 years old, wife, 5 year old stepson, one on the way.

I have dual citizenship.
    I primarely live in Canada (Ontario) second residence in northern New York.

Both houses are aproximately 2.5 hours apart from each other, yet worlds apart in culture beliefs/practices.

read this Corvette Add for sale...(I have a C5 vette aswell) and tell me...is this really what it's come to?

C5 Corvettes for Sale - Sellers beware !!!! - Had a interesting email from a Mr. & Mrs. Smith in Dallas Texas today. They were very interested in my C5 for sale. After several emails back & forth, they asked if they could come to my house or meet in the local mall parking lot . I told them I would meet them at the...

has it come to the point, that Joe Regular Citizen needs to carry a concealed weapon to test drive/purchase a car?
    The fear has been built to an unrusmountable degree, that there needs to be change.
    not so much a change in gun laws/permits accessibility...but moreover the necessity to establishing a culture that does not think guns are the answer while reducing the number and types of guns available.

It can happen, just takes time, effort, and desire to change.

my.02cents.
    Last edited by Mr. Burns; 12-15-2012, 01:30 PM.
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Seller is an insecure idiot. He can be car jacked any day of the week and now that he's selling his car he gets the hee bee gee bees. Fucking retardation.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

if a seller wanted me to meet him at a police station to buy a car, i'd tell him he's a weirdo and lose interest in his car.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

point of posting that thread, was mainly to indicate and educate a culture fueled by fear.

seller is paranoid, another poster within the thread (see page two) says he carries a .45cal around for these types of transactions.

it's pretty evident where the change needs to start from.

each and every one of us....not a legislation, not a rulling but from within.

no fucking wonder it's come to this point...

excuse my language but this mentality/behavior been a long time coming.

I love both countries, and honestly saddens me that there is so much work to be done, it will take decades upon decade to change this mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
          point of posting that thread, was mainly to indicate and educate a culture fueled by fear.

seller is paranoid, another poster within the thread (see page two) says he carries a .45cal around for these types of transactions.

it's pretty evident where the change needs to start from.

each and every one of us....not a legislation, not a rulling but from within.

no fucking wonder it's come to this point...

excuse my language but this mentality/behavior been a long time coming.

I love both countries, and honestly saddens me that there is so much work to be done, it will take decades upon decade to change this mentality.

Change, it will never change because there are and always have been criminals. Each society has their own way. Even Japan which has a very respectful society in comparison was raised on the fear of the sword.

What you're seeing is not a commonality in our society imo. Neither is paranoia. Most people don't even carry.
          Last edited by joshh; 12-15-2012, 02:12 PM.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Reducing the amount/ types of guns available isn't going to change anything. I do agree that society/ people need to change. Taking guns away from the responsible people isn't going to change what criminals can get their hands on.
            I have friends who are EOD bro.

That's awesome. I have friends who make coffee for a living, but you don't see me rocking out a bunch of lattes

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
              What you're seeing is not a commonality in our society imo.
              I have to disagree...

here's a snapshot from the past 24 hours...I'm not even talking about a WHOLE DAY here...this is insanity.

I'm not even including the Oregon Mall shooting, just to even pinpoint that this epidemic is a DAILY ritual nowadays....unreal.

this doesn't happen anywhere else in the world really...not to this degree, these shootings have nary to do with politics, war, or religious beliefs..

yesterday...plotting to shoot up another school

Yesterday:...Newtown massacre
              The gunman who killed 20 children and six adults at a school in Newtown, Connecticut, forced his way into the building, police say.

This morning...Alabama hospital shootout

Friday Afternoon....Domino's Pizza shootout

Comment

Originally posted by ADlBOO View Post
                Reducing the amount/ types of guns available isn't going to change anything. I do agree that society/ people need to change. Taking guns away from the responsible people isn't going to change what criminals can get their hands on.
                Sadly the old saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is accurate. The disturbing fact is that America refuses to attempt to understand why its citizens have such a propensity for violence towards each other. The society is sick - and no one wants to admit it.

The real solution is more holistic. America doesn't have the capability to think in a way that can stop its implosion.
                You've seen parts of the world where people HAVE to kill each other to survive. America is doing it because they have nothing else to do.

Far from empty conjectures, America's morality is driven by consumerism, and half truths. A culture of greed and violence that celebrates itself in its media.

Soul pollution designed to make money.

It's also not a phenomena. It's called neo capitalism.

Do some research on rates of violence and heavily capitalized cultures.

My point being... is that America and a society has its main focus on the all mighty dollar, and assumes that capitalist forces will apply funding and resources in order to maintain the social well being of its citizens.

Sad part is.... Capitalist forces do not provide sufficient resources, and the moral, and emotional fabric of the society declines.

My opinion of course.

Whatever the reason. It's sad, tragic, and the days of America being the moral, ethical and financial leader of the world are over.

I've said alot, and will anticipate a horrid backlash...take it with a grain of salt, think out of the box before replying...

Comment

I have to disagree...

here's a snapshot from the past 24 hours...I'm not even talking about a WHOLE DAY here...this is insanity.

I'm not even including the Oregon Mall shooting, just to even pinpoint that this epidemic is a DAILY ritual nowadays....unreal.

this doesn't happen anywhere else in the world really...not to this degree, these shootings have nary to do with politics, war, or religious beliefs..
                  Yeah it does. It happens everywhere, especially developing countries. You just don't necessarily hear about it. The US is very good at getting these stories up, because sadly it means ratings (And more advertising money). Other countries that either limit or completely block communication, or have none, don't have that connectivity and communication.

It certainly has increased as of late in the US. No denying that. But to say that it doesn't happen anywhere else to this degree isn't exactly true.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                    Yeah it does. It happens everywhere, especially developing countries. You just don't necessarily hear about it. The US is very good at getting these stories up, because sadly it means ratings (And more advertising money). Other countries that either limit or completely block communication, or have none, don't have that connectivity and communication.

It certainly has increased as of late in the US. No denying that. But to say that it doesn't happen anywhere else to this degree isn't exactly true.

you're right, and perhaps I was a little strongarmed in my observation/opinion....media does certinaly fullfil it's duty in assuring all "bad" news is communicated...any "good news" is mentioned as a lighthearded blurd at the end of most newscasts.

also, just going to leave this article here...further reinforcing my point about mentality...
                    can't argue with this really

Comment

I have to disagree...

yesterday...plotting to shoot up another school

Yesterday:...Newtown massacre
                      The gunman who killed 20 children and six adults at a school in Newtown, Connecticut, forced his way into the building, police say.

This morning...Alabama hospital shootout

Friday Afternoon....Domino's Pizza shootout
                      http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...0,912168.story
                      I was referring to people being unwilling to meet publicaly to sell things.

Do we have a problem, absolutely. Guns aren't the real issue. People are.
                      Should we take all tools away from people that are able to kill a large amount of people at once? That would include cars.

Psychos will be psychos. We need a system to stop the crazies from getting their hands on firearms. Problem there is how do you prevent government from entering your life and invading your freedoms at the same time?

I'm all for not allowing those found mentally handicapped from owning a firearm...but who's making that choice? That's the problem.

Comment

This doesn't necessarily address what your thread is about but it does provide some background on American society.

'strategizing'.

Comment

The crime rate per 100k people has gone down every year for the past 6 years for violent crime, murder, rape, aggravated assault, and others.
                          Overall, it's been on a downward trend for a very long time, for decades.
                          http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm (source: FBI)
                          Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Mr Bruns.

While I agree the guy selling his car and talking about a CCW is a fool, its concealed so no one knows about it you dont go advertising it, he is doing it wrong.

Next you have dual citizen ship. If the US gun culture scares you so much, then go live in Canada. They have guns there too you know........

Your right the media is all about blood, sex, and scandal. You rarely hear (on a national scale) that a man saves him self, his family, or a stranger with a legally carried CCW. Even when you do they try and make the guy carrying and was in the right, look like some kind of paranoid whack job and try and demonize him because he carried that weapon. Even though instances of legal defense far out weigh the cases we have seen this week. To the tune of over 2 million times a year. These are cases where a person may have just exposed his weapon and not drawn, or drawn not fired, or even just said they had gun or did in fact have to fire. Many of these cases are never even reported to law enforcement, because the aggressor moves on to a different target with out doing anything thus no crime is actually committed (in case your wondering thats about 6500 times a day someone uses a firearm to deture or defend them selves from and aggressor nation wide)

But we dont hear about this because its not gonna going get the ratings and keep people glued to the TV for weeks like this shit does, because its not bloody, or scandalous not to mention counter to the agenda that the media and govt has been trying to sell to the public for the last 30 years or better. Its a fallacy because people are becoming smarter and gun laws at the state level have been getting better and the SCOTUS has finally herd several cases regarding the legality of local and state bans and ruled them unconstitutional.

With whats been happening this last few days, are isolated incidence of CRAZY FUCK. No gun laws in the world would keep it form happening. These crazy fucks would get their hands on them though the black market, the deep web, or just go the hardware store and build some shit for cheap as dirt, that is far more effective at mass killing. All these mass shooting happen in GUN FREE ZONES, where there is no chance that the fuck head will be confronted with another armed yet LAW ABIDING person for at least several minuets until authorities can arrive. It only takes a few minuets, in fact in cases like this the first 3 minuets is when the bulk of the damage is done. By setting up GUN FREE ZONES you do nothing but invite this kinda of behavior and provide lots of soft juicy news making targets for them. Every time a state has adopted a CCW law that is not restrictive and allows anyone with a clean back ground and meets the requirements set forth by the legislature. The violent crime rates go down sharply and quickly soon after.

You dont fear the weapon, You fear the man wielding it. Like Teddy Roosevelt once said
                            A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

This is a good summery

You live a good life and die at a ripe old age, maybe 30 people will care

You live a bitter life and maybe 3 people show up to your funeral to make sure your dead

you die tragically early or kill your self 300 people will forget who you are in month

You kill a school house full of kids, You will captivate 300 Million and the rest of the world, you will be a house hold name for a month or 2, the world over then your name goes into the history books in BOLD type as the kind of monster you are. There by getting the attention and fame your selfish ass always really wanted.

I BLAME the MEDIA
                            Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-15-2012, 05:31 PM.
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

I support you mr burns.

I agree that you all live a life of fear. I never ever go out anywhere or feel as though I will ever have to deal with a gun or a knife being pointed towards me.

Granted it dose happen here in Australia, but it very very rarely involves an inoccent. It usually is two criminals fighting each other which I do not care about.

All you pro gun people have to see that something is not right in the USA and something has to change. If you are all not willing to change then the government will change it for you, with gun laws.

Im out.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X