No announcement yet.

University of Califonia System's lastest divestment bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for the purposes of my point, "religion" is defined as a spiritual belief system. belief in a supreme Creator and dis-belief in a supreme Creator are two side of the same coin. both serve as the basis of a spiritual belief system. i realize it is important for atheists to believe they are irreligious, i just think they are fooling themselves. love him or hate him, God define belief systems.

in the context of the political left, atheism has been the official belief system since Karl Marx. of course not all atheists are leftist; and i never said that.

the most important point on this subject is that, after many years, it is again politically correct and popular to advocate against the Jews. the blog article in the OP supports ending the "occupation" of Palestine. this infers returning the entire Jewish state to the rule to the indigenous muslim population. i'm surprised the author was able to refrain from using the phrase "zionist oppressors".

Comment

^
      I am really starting to like you.....................No homo
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
        for the purposes of my point, "religion" is defined as a spiritual belief system. belief in a supreme Creator and dis-belief in a supreme Creator are two side of the same coin. both serve as the basis of a spiritual belief system. i realize it is important for atheists to believe they are irreligious, i just think they are fooling themselves. love him or hate him, God define belief systems.
        Disbelief and an absence of belief are not the same thing either; but you've made it clear that you aren't going to understand.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

^
          I get what your say as that is more descriptive of how I feel, numbers guy is refering to the more argumentive and militant non believers
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

i realize it is important for atheists to believe they are irreligious, i just think they are fooling themselves. love the idea of him or hate the idea of him, the idea of God define belief systems.

ftfy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              ^
              I get what your say as that is more descriptive of how I feel, numbers guy is refering to the more argumentive and militant non believers
              that would be his VIN from his 1972 2002tii
              mine is 2762267
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

ok, now that we've agreed to disagree about atheism, how about the important point? that modern American Leftist doctrine shows a prejudice against Israel?

btw, i added a sig to my profile on a m1 garand forum- "id is NOT a rifle s/n". numerous nimrods there use 5, 6 and 7 digit numerals as id's. nearly 6 million were made by a total of 4 manufacturers
                Last edited by 2761377; 03-22-2013, 05:35 PM.

Comment

the most important point on this subject is that, after many years, it is again politically correct and popular to advocate against the Jews. the blog article in the OP supports ending the "occupation" of Palestine. this infers returning the entire Jewish state to the rule to the indigenous muslim population. i'm surprised the author was able to refrain from using the phrase "zionist oppressors".
                  Dude what are you talking about? This has nothing to do about religion for fucks sake. I, as one who posted this topic have family living in Israel.
                  Religion/anti-semitsim doesn't have shit to do with this arguement, I am a semetic person myself.

This has NOTHING to do with Judaism. This has to do with the government of Israel. The point you're missing is that many young Israelis don't even support the ambitions of their land/power hungry political leaders....hmm does that ring any bells?

Zionism is an off shoot from Judicial, just in the same way that some Islamic extremists try to justify their acts of terror through Islamic ... it's all a bunch of crap.

These groups are exploiting religion for their own personal gain.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  ^
                  I am really starting to like you.....................No homo
                  Huh?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                    Dude what are you talking about? This has nothing to do about religion for fucks sake. I, as one who posted this topic have family living in Israel.
                    Religion/anti-semitsim doesn't have shit to do with this arguement, I am a semetic person myself.

This has NOTHING to do with Judaism. This has to do with the government of Israel. The point you're missing is that many young Israelis don't even support the ambitions of their land/power hungry political leaders....hmm does that ring any bells?

Zionism is an off shoot from Judicial, just in the same way that some Islamic extremists try to justify their acts of terror through Islamic ... it's all a bunch of crap.

These groups are exploiting religion for their own personal gain.

Huh?
                    nothing to do with religion? just because you're the op of this thread doesn't mean you know any more about the topic.

why do the palestinians hate the jews? what would happen if they usurped the power of the israeli state?

the government of israel represents the people; presumably it acts according to their will.

regardless, the speech on divestiture is filled with ill will towards the jewish state. relating it to aparthied is prima facie evidence the speaker wants to end jewish rule in palestine. since islamist leaders such as ahmadinejad have vowed to destroy israel it is reasonable to presume he means the jewish residents, not the muslim ones.

to say the basis of the israeli- palestinian conflict is not religious in origin is to ignore the history of it.

Comment

Nobody is going to take your opinion seriously on this subject--you Godwin'd this thread in your first reply.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                        Nobody is going to take your opinion seriously on this subject--you Godwin'd this thread in your first reply.
                        please explain how that changes the relevance if what i have repeatedly asserted- the american left is anti-Israel. for whatever reason, no one here sees fit to deny that.

Comment

whatever shitty point you were trying to make was completely undermined by you dragging Hitler into this thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X