No announcement yet.

A wife Led Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never dabbled with religion because I've seen and continue to see all the horrible things it causes. I would say I also prefer stories about zombies and superheros, but I think Christianity has both..

I don't think any one relationship scenario will work for everyone. There are many people who enjoy the abuse or would not be able to function properly if they weren't in a dysfunctional relationship.

Marriage was created for political purposes, and today it's still used for control as it always has and always will.

People are crazy.
    Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Wow....well worded, however still stuck in the stone-age. I'm not sure whether to clap my hands or place them over my face in shame at your complete and utter dismissal of women being equal in today's society. Stay at home and bake apple pies according to JinormusJ. After all, they're likely biologically fashioned to accomplish such tasks. The Creator is such a gifted maker!

Could fine motor skills not mean women would be more competent at building engines, more accurate and efficient machinists and more talented athletes? How about men being "better equipped to handle arduous tasks without emotional breakdowns" aka stay at home and deal with the kids? Do you know what's arduous, sitting at home all day with a crying toddler and still attempting to juggle everything else in the house. Great attempt at trying to justify your borderline misogynistic stuck-in-the-50's religiously motivated male chauvinism, it was a good read!
      Last edited by cale; 06-04-2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

JJ, my thoughts feel well fed. Seriously, some good stuff in that post.

Comment

WTF?

This thread sucks.

Keep your wife happy: clean up after yourself, keep your dick in your pants, make her laugh, acknowledge what you like about her and the things she does for the relationship.

It's simple and you don't need any religious nonsense to do it.
          2011 1M Alpine white/black
          1996 Civic white/black
          1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Stay at home and bake apple pies according to Threehz.
            How did you derive that from my post?

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
              BIOLOGICALLY, women are gifted with better attention to detail and increased fine motor skills, which allows them to focus on many tasks at a time (housework), while men are better equipped to handle arduous tasks without emotional breakdowns (such as enduring long 8-10 hour work days). This is Biologically (this isn't even biblical, so you can't argue it if it isn't your cup of tea), there are already fundamental groundworks for a, not a "completing" relationship, but a complimentarian one, in which the wife suplplies the needs of the husband, and the husband supplies the needs of the wife.

Again, it's amazing (but not surprising) you don't realize the sexism this comment represents.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Threehz View Post
                How did you derive that from my post?
                Read the wrong name, fixed.

Comment

I didn't mean to be sexist; you can take my post however which way you'd like; the main point of my post was not to be sexist, but to provide exegetical proof. I don't want women to just say home and bake pies; because, your attempt to be funny in this situation and make light of my argument hasn't left an impact.

I ddn't come in here to demean anyone; women specifically
                  I'm not here to put anyone down if they are in certain positions
                  I'm not here to chastise people if they don't agree with me

My post was to show that media has brainwashed society into making "staying home" and raising a family, the HARDEST job in modern society today, a demeaning task (like allowing women to do what they were supposed to do is a bad thing); to quote your words really. Sorry, but I don't buy media's screwed-up opinions; I stick with my guns. If you don't like what I said, deal with it. You don't have to like it, and frankly, we don't even have I agree, but I know how I will be raising my family and how I want to love my wife, and how I want to run my household, and no other opinion with sway me otherwise.

Take it or leave it; no skin off my nose

Closing thought: Women pursue sex, careers, and vanity when they're young, and at their peak for marriage and learning to do life together with a man, but then they hit their 40s; frankly, ugly, alone, depressed, wondering why they had to "prove" something to the world and mind-boggled at what they were chasing after, only to realize the thing they were running away from is what they wanted all along

My
                  Last edited by JinormusJ; 06-04-2013, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I didn't mean to be sexist; you can take my post however which way you'd like; the main point of my post was not to prove sexism, not was it to stay home and bake pies.

My post was to show that media has brainwashed society into making "staying home" and raising a family, the HARDEST job in modern society today, a demeaning and arduous task. Sorry, but I don't buy media's opinions; I stick with my guns.

If you don't like what I said, deal with it. You don't have I like it, and we don't have I agree, but I know how I will be raising my family and how I want to love my wife, and how I want to run my household, and no other opinion with sway me otherwise
                    It's apparent you missed the point.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I didn't mean to be sexist
                      the main point of my post was not to be sexist
                      I ddn't come in here to demean anyone
                      Congrats on all the unintentional achievements then!

Comment

He has his opinions on this topic an I have mine

I find it funny how he attempts to speak from experience, or demean those who are experienced, and he has never experienced it himself. Toss him two toddlers and we'll see if his routine stays the same.

On a second note; bravo for quoting an entertainment figure (MEDIA) as a source for your rebuttal

Originally posted by cale View Post
                        Congrats on all the unintentional achievements then!
                        your emotional responses bring nothing of value to the discussion. It's apparent you do not know how to debate

Comment

What do children have to do with defending your sexist, biblical point of view

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

It's obvious neither of us will be swayed by each other's opinions.

I've made my points, you know where i stand; take it or leave it

Comment

Not going to comment on the OP. IMO it sounds false, someone trying to muddy the waters.

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              It's apparent you missed the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwPg2oarG_c
                              ???

[The video] is demeaning the work a women does caring and raising her children. In fact, he skips over raising children all-together, which does prove part of JJs post about media dismissing what a mother can and/or does at home.

To jump to another point. I see failing marriages EVERYWHERE, and only becoming ridiculously common, both religious and non-religious. This shows fundamental problems between couples. What I do see, is that some expect marriage to hold the two together, which is not, and can not be the case. It's definition must be fundamental to your particular belief to withstand time, otherwise toss it out the window and do as you will. I also see in the world that accepting divorce is just as problematic, because it allows escape from a core set of values, and breaks an oath, a promise which you just determined to be false at any point one likes. (This does not take into consideration abusive or other perverted actions one takes on a spouse)
                              Last edited by R3Z3N; 06-04-2013, 10:40 PM.

Comment

you guys are screwed up
                                -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                                -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                                MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                                Got Drop?? ;-)
                                Originally posted by JinormusJ
                                But of course
                                E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Working...
                                X