Global Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
    So, the planet warms up and plants and animals thrive. Meanwhile thousands of old shitty dirty cities drown in the ocean. Sounds excellent.
    ha ha
    that was funny
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
      So, the planet warms up and plants and animals thrive. Meanwhile thousands of old shitty dirty cities drown in the ocean. Sounds excellent.
      Thereby destroying the global economy...
      2011 1M Alpine white/black
      1996 Civic white/black
      1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Who needs a global economy when all the capitalists are washed out to sea and we all live on beachfront property and live off the land in a communal, utopian society without waste nor negative energy, this is the dawning of the age of aquarius, the future is gonna be so bright!

Comment

i wasn't sure if to post this under the "conceit of central banks" or here
          Nigel Farage going off on the EU. entertaining

ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
            It's a conspiracy, now the conspiracists and skeptics are actually taking the time to make ice to prove the earth isn't warming. I wonder if they are uising hybrid Prius style ships to drop the ice off?

Nice tree, but you missed the forest.

Now, these media sources focusing on the single YoY number (from a record low) trying to get people to be mislead to believe this is a sign of global cooling don't actually want to you have a good understanding of reality. They are fueling the fire of ignorance because some people like to hear what matches their opinion and then stop trying to be any more informed.

The real conspiracy is to keep the populace believing they are informed when they take in news that lacks real context while avoiding actual education on the subject matter so that the anti-intellectuals can be led like sheep to vote for what their politicians want.
            Last edited by rwh11385; 09-12-2013, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
              good retort, attack the source not the data
              James Hansen is a biased agenda driven psuedo scientist.
              Anyone who has had a good education (even just a good HS education) should know how to evaluate the credibility of a source before relying on it for facts and information. When it comes to climate science, you seem to rely on a college dropout while hating on a PhD from one of the top science organizations in the world. Quite strange... unless you account for you only wanting to pay attention to people who tell you what already matches your assumptions / bias.

you, nando, Q5 and rwh are tied in knots trying to make the same old arguments that we are doomed but with data that increasing fails to support your hypotheses.
              Where have I ever said that we are doomed? Oh, just making shit up because you have nothing really to contribute. Do you care to explain how the energy absorbed to GHG disappears? Or are you still too chicken to give your reasoning why you think that this just goes away?

Originally posted by cale View Post
              Any attempts to argue your material is futile, you simply ignore the responses people put effort into and move on to your next recycled argument.
              That's because George is just too scared of being laughed at when he is proved wrong to try to say anything besides reposting Watts and others:
              can i do a linear regression analysis right this moment from memory? nope. could i figure it out? sure. am i going to? nope. there are too many eyes from the likes of you on stuff like this to call BS if it's wrong.
              He's never shy to start a pointless new thread, but struggles to ever put anything of worth into a response. He's a parrot who understands very little of what he hotlinks and can't comprehend how wrong he is sometimes.

Comment

Watch "Chasing Ice" on Netflix then tell us how the videos were probably computer generated by Al Gore and support it with a random blog written by a high school drop out.
                sigpic

Comment

Also, while the ice cover is up from last year, its far thinner than in the past. The total ice mass is still on a big decline.

But thats too inconvenient for their purposeful ignorance. Its certainly too inconvenient for a blog thats posts misleading stories about science to admit.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

but but but the ice is not as thick. it's not as white the ice is not as cold
                    mother gaia forgive us.

Comment

do you honestly believe how much ice mass there is makes no difference when talking about it melting?
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

So, what if it doubles again year to year by Aug 2014? Or more than doubles, or begins an exponential growth and overtakes landmasses in 48 months, then would you change your thought?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                          So, what if it doubles again year to year by Aug 2014? Or more than doubles, or begins an exponential growth and overtakes landmasses in 48 months, then would you change your thought?
                          And what if Jeebus let's me win the lottery?
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I'd be ecstatic - it would mean we have more time to deal with the problem.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'm just gonna hold on to this til Aug 2014 and bump my post and see where we are, maybe Buddy will get to win the lotto too!

Comment

a 2 year timescale won't reveal much but 4-10 might.

I wouldn't get my hopes up..
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X