3.7 Trillion over the last 5 years in Welfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    The amount of spending most definitely is. Lots of contracts, bases, etc don't get closed because XXX Congressman doesn't want to lose the high-paying jobs in his district, so that gets held hostage while passing something else.

Sounds like waste not welfare
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

It's called corporate welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
        AHhh, as usual Semantics are preferred to discussing the parallels.

Good day.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

AHhh, as usual Semantics are preferred to discussing the parallels.

Good day.
          You didn't really expect anything different, did ya ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
            Giving farm owners like $40k in direct subsidy and providing virtually no cap on crop insurance is wasteful welfare, keeps agriculture prices high, and harms developing nations.

Much more pernicious than a few thousand baby mamas scheming the system. Some people genuinely need welfare, most corporate farmers don't.

Don't even get me started on Zumwalt class destroyers.
            2011 1M Alpine white/black
            1996 Civic white/black
            1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

What why its on time on budget and its electric, you weird leftist hippies like shit that runs on electricity like a Tesla and a Prius and shit. whats not to like its the tesla/Prius of big medium sized ships????????????
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                What why its on time on budget and its electric, you weird leftist hippies like shit that runs on electricity like a Tesla and a Prius and shit. whats not to like its the tesla/Prius of big medium sized ships????????????
                There are only three of them because the price grew. And grew. And grew. Even the Navy wanted to nix the program.

At that number, it is poor spending. When you consider the requirements they saddled it with, you have to wonder how it will perform in action.
                2011 1M Alpine white/black
                1996 Civic white/black
                1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Oh fucking riiiiiight. The last company I worked for was doing a bunch of the electrical work for those ships and the DDG projects.

On-time and on-budget is the furthest thing from the truth.

In fact, I'd be shocked if you could find any instances of defense projects like this that are on-time and on-budget.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I was just noteing what I read in several recent. News stories about the them. It was a largely tounge in cheek post
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

I was just noteing what I read in several recent. News stories about the them. It was a largely tounge in cheek post
                      No, I called you on your BS and you're doing a poor job of backpedaling.

Link me a story on the Zumwalt-class ships being on time and on budget.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
                        There are only three of them because the price grew. And grew. And grew. Even the Navy wanted to nix the program.

At that number, it is poor spending. When you consider the requirements they saddled it with, you have to wonder how it will perform in action.
                        how many times have we heard that? too many. you know it's bad when the military says "no, we don't want this, it's too expensive" and congress rams it down our throats anyway, because they're getting contributions from the defense contractors.

it's pretty pathetic that we only spend 2% on education and 10x that on wars that just piss everyone off. and then wonder why young people can't get jobs and end up on welfare..
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by article
                          So far, construction of the first-in-class Zumwalt, the largest U.S. Navy destroyer ever built, is on time and on budget, something that's a rarity in new defense programs, officials said. And the Navy believes the ship's big gun, stealthy silhouette and advance features will make it a formidable package.

Seems to be ap story reprinted in several other places as well including ABC local outlets fox and others including the huffpo

Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.

How would you like that crow, poached, blackened, or how I prefer mine, pan seared with onions and a nice ginger root sauce?????
                          Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-25-2013, 09:35 AM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Backpedaling is what he does best. Like when I called him out for saying that we should turn the middle east into a glass parking lot and he backpedaled and claimed he wasn't a proponent of genocide

I did look it up, this article says its on budget but still laughably expensive.

So far, construction of the first-in-class Zumwalt, the largest U.S. Navy destroyer ever built, is on time and on budget, something that's a rarity in new defense programs, officials said. And the Navy believes the ship's big gun, stealthy silhouette and advance features will make it a formidable package.
                            But they are clearly so damn expensive that they cut back the production numbers significantly:

On 6 April 2009, Defense Secretary Robert Gates announced that DoD's proposed 2010 budget will end the DDG-1000 program at a maximum of three ships.[26] Also in April, the Pentagon awarded a fixed-price contract with General Dynamics to build the three destroyers, replacing a cost-plus-fee contract that had been awarded to Northrop Grumman. The first DDG-1000 destroyer is expected to cost $3.5 billion, the second is to cost approximately $2.5 billion, and the third even less.[27]

What had once been seen as the backbone of the navy's future surface fleet[28] with a planned production run of 32, has since been replaced by destroyer production reverting to the Arleigh Burke class after ordering three Zumwalts.[29] The Zumwalt's failure[30] is a result of a negative feedback loop of spiraling costs and plummeting productions numbers described by Chuck Spinney as the death spiral, joining other projects such as the F-22, and Future Combat System.[31]
                            still a huuuuuge fucking waste of money but lets complain about poor people instead

Comment

Hence why my post was tounge in cheek

William Pitt-

Comment

I see us all as animal's,it only takes about a week with out food for nearly anyone to begin to resort to more survivalististic means to acquire it.............. Katrina ring any bells.... people resort to primitive mentality when the comforts of modern society go away even for a short time, easy and plentiful food on the shelves of every store on every corner is the hallmark of our easy modern society.

Hunger is one of the greatest motivators, it can inspire a man to do great things, but it also can compel a man to do deplorable things just as easily. Just depends on which way will make the pangs go away the easiest and the fastest.........
                                You're free to focus on Katrina and ignore Nashville's flood, post-Sandy, and Boulder's flood with people helping each other instead of behaving like those in New Orleans did, but thinking so little of your fellow man sounds awfully sad, lonely, and isolated.

And if being hungry makes people primitive and capable of doing deplorable things, then why would it be a good idea to try to starve them by cutting SNAP benefits in times of need following the recession?

Originally posted by einhander View Post
                                Giving farm owners like $40k in direct subsidy and providing virtually no cap on crop insurance is wasteful welfare, keeps agriculture prices high, and harms developing nations.

Much more pernicious than a few thousand baby mamas scheming the system. Some people genuinely need welfare, most corporate farmers don't.
                                GOP says that only the SNAP portion of the Farm Bill is welfare because much of their voters are in farm states that benefit from said subsidies.

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                                Just another reinforcement of the same shit from him. "the only moral welfare is my welfare"
                                Duh, just like they like to get people up in arms about welfare following the financial crisis as a source of deficits while ignoring social security / medicare long-term liabilities since it would offend their voters. Hook, Line, and Sinker - them be suckers for what their politicians lobbyists and pundits want them to be angry about.

Comment

Working...
                                X