Another Botched SWAT no knock

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nando
    replied
    I agree with everything in that article. Senseless.

    BTW, the first legal pot store opened in Bellingham yesterday. As far as I can tell, the world hasn't come to an end.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied



    On the night of May 27, as armed men streamed through his front door, Westcott grabbed his gun. But the 29-year-old didn’t have a chance to shoot before he died in a volley of gunfire. And those who killed him weren’t robbers.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by LSM3
    If that does not happen its a travesty.
    Did it happen?

    Leave a comment:


  • BLACKCHARM88
    replied
    I think its funny how swat teams and such play soldier and think they're high speed, leave it to the professionals please.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by einhander
    Soldiers are agents of the state.

    You should qualify your fix.
    So are cops and other in the employ of the govt

    Leave a comment:


  • LSM3
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will
    I bet you'd be singing a different tune if they smashed your door and then gave your kid a teddy bear.

    Their authority was misused with no accountability. Due Process was not observed, and no one will lose their job for it. This is what's screwed up.

    Like Nando said... at least they didn't kill anyone this time.
    Actually if this happened to me I would be singing the SAME tune. Again the officers who made mistakes should be held responsible and the department should compensate my family and myself for whatever damages we suffered (physical, emotional, property) Its actually pretty simple. If that does not happen its a travesty.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by LSM3
    They ADMIT to their mistake, actually apologize and try to comfort the children and you guys mock them. You guys are SO jaded its not even funny.

    Again if EVERYONE was as perfect as some of the people on here the world would be a much better place.

    I know I am not perfect and I try to see other people/groups in that light as well. If its malicious thats one thing. If its a mistake thats another
    I bet you'd be singing a different tune if they smashed your door and then gave your kid a teddy bear.

    Their authority was misused with no accountability. Due Process was not observed, and no one will lose their job for it. This is what's screwed up.

    Like Nando said... at least they didn't kill anyone this time.

    Leave a comment:


  • einhander
    replied
    Soldiers are agents of the state.

    You should qualify your fix.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by einhander
    This incident is proof that agents of the state do dumb things when they have a gun in their hand.


    there FTFY

    Leave a comment:


  • LSM3
    replied
    Originally posted by einhander
    This incident is proof that people do dumb things when they have a gun in their hand.

    The mistakes that were made in this warrant service were made WAY before a firearm was even holstered.

    Leave a comment:


  • LSM3
    replied
    MrSleeve. I don’t know if its a lack of reading comprehension, you putting words in my mouth or being so wrapped up in your own rhetoric but to say that I give police a "pass" when I posted the following in BOLD is completely absurd.

    "They fucked up and the officers should be held responsible professionally and the department financially"

    I guess that's not enough in your mind. Maybe we can hang them too? What else should happen? Should they be lined up and shot? What am missing here?

    I try not to be dramatic but maybe if I was you wouldn't be so fast to dismiss what I wrote. I dont think we are far apart here. Ive always been one to say "What do we do NOW so it does not happen again". The milk has been spilled. Dole out the punishments, compensate the injured parties and introduce protocols to limit the possibility of reoccurrence. Move on. Or I guess we can just be mad at it. Good knows that, that always works...
    Last edited by LSM3; 05-12-2014, 10:09 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • einhander
    replied
    This incident is proof that people do dumb things when they have a gun in their hand.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    well, at least they didn't kill anyone this time.

    I know my children would be terrified. something like that, a young child will carry for the rest of their lives. the adults will get over it. Still trying to convince my 3 year old that firemen aren't scary but then there's those jokers in NY that took part in beating that guy to death last year..

    Leave a comment:


  • Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    No excuse. Even if they had drugs there is no reason for authoritarian tyrants to interfere in other's lives.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    you mean this one

    Leave a comment:

Working...