Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun dealers threatened with arson and death for... selling guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun dealers threatened with arson and death for... selling guns?

How far off the rails have some elements of the "Gun Rights" camp gone? Recently two different gun shops, on opposite sides of the country, elected to add a new type of weapon to their shelves: the Armatix iP1 .22 "smart gun". Upon beginning to stock this new gun, the owner received hate-filled anonymous phone calls, threats, intimidation, and even death threats. Yes, that's right; Pro-gun "activists" threatened to kill gun store owners for having the audacity to *gasp*... sell guns. This came just weeks after exactly the same thing happened to the owner of the Oak Tree Gun Club in California. (Oddly enough, I bet if you could track down these people who made the threats, they would claim to be ardent supporters of free-market capitalism, personal choice/freedom, and market competition)

Regardless of the technology behind these new guns or any non-existent laws regarding it (save for NJ, though the author of that law offered to repeal it and the NRA said no), the fact that many in the "pro-gun" camp have become so radicalized and militant is scary. Since when did it become acceptable to threaten to kill people who sell products you happen to disagree with?

that sounds like more like tactics from the left, you sending letters again?
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
      You couldn't be bothered to read the article, but still took the time to make a shitty post. Thank.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
        You couldn't be bothered to read the article, but still took the time to make a shitty post. Thank.

I could not get though your bs to even make it to the post.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I'm not the OP, you derp

Comment

you two suck from the same tit, easily to get confused.

Comment

No, we don't. He's anti-gun, I'm not at all.

Keep fucking that chicken you illiterate twat

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                No, we don't. He's anti-gun
                Nope. Wrong.

But yes, vedubin01 is apparently incapable of reading.

Comment

Yup by electing to carry that weapon you will fuck over the entire state of NJ firearm owners and FFL's way to go. Its a bad precedent to be setting I didnt need to read the article I know all about the fiasco in MD with the FFL wanting to sell the "Smart gun"

Last I knew the guy in MD backed down after a rant on youtube and eventually a cooler head on the over all issue prevailed, I dont know anymore than there was a couple of dealers in CA were considering putting the thing on the shelf.

The point of the matter is that if your at all a supporter of the 2a (like most FFL's) you should not be willing to sell an entire state worth of owners and fellow FFL's down the river to sell a shitty niche product that almost no one but Darrin and his ilk would think about buying, which would be like watching a devout Apostolic Lutheran going into the Liquor store for the 1st time trying to pick out a bottle

Edit: NO I dont condone sending death threats to these FFL's, boycott notice and attempting to get their attention by getting others to follow suit and informing them of the law in NJ and the repercussions they will bring to that states 2a supporters by electing to market this product Sure but not Death threats and other act of violence or property damage.

Edit #2 It became ok when the weather underground with Bill Ayers and Dorn bombed the US gov in Chicago in the 70's and now are College prof (and friend of the POTUS) and appointed to high ranking Federal positions.......
                  Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-02-2014, 03:03 PM.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

How does the sale of these guns through a retailer "send everyone in the state down the river"?

Apparently NJ has a law to encourage sales of them once they are "perfected" (which is dumb) but I don't see anything about similar laws in California.

Seems like another overreaction by chicken little

Comment

Seems like a smart idea really. Can someone kindly explain why gun rights activists are against this type of technology?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                        Seems like a smart idea really. Can someone kindly explain why gun rights activists are against this type of technology?
                        It is a smart idea. Unfortunately the gun rights camp isn't too fond of giving an inch to a group that intends on taking a mile. There is real concern that laws will be passed requiring all guns in the state to have this new technology, maybe it would be grandfathered, maybe it wouldn't. Personally I am not too keen on wearing an RFID wrist band all day in the off chance I need to use my concealed handgun, screams "Hey, look at me I have a gun." As with most of these gun rights/control topics, the devil is in the details and neither side is willing to yield any ground.

Comment

The more these kinds of things come out the more apparent the motives being based on bickering with people they perceive to have different political views become.

If you tried to sell them water in the desert they'd throw a tantrum on the ground and eat sand instead.
                          Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            Yup by electing to carry that weapon you will fuck over the entire state of NJ firearm owners and FFL's way to go. Its a bad precedent to be setting I didnt need to read the article I know all about the fiasco in MD with the FFL wanting to sell the "Smart gun"

Last I knew the guy in MD backed down after a rant on youtube and eventually a cooler head on the over all issue prevailed, I dont know anymore than there was a couple of dealers in CA were considering putting the thing on the shelf.

The point of the matter is that if your at all a supporter of the 2a (like most FFL's) you should not be willing to sell an entire state worth of owners and fellow FFL's down the river to sell a shitty niche product that almost no one but Darrin and his ilk would think about buying, which would be like watching a devout Apostolic Lutheran going into the Liquor store for the 1st time trying to pick out a bottle

Edit: NO I dont condone sending death threats to these FFL's, boycott notice and attempting to get their attention by getting others to follow suit and informing them of the law in NJ and the repercussions they will bring to that states 2a supporters by electing to market this product Sure but not Death threats and other act of violence or property damage.

Edit #2 It became ok when the weather underground with Bill Ayers and Dorn bombed the US gov in Chicago in the 70's and now are College prof (and friend of the POTUS) and appointed to high ranking Federal positions.......
                            So maybe the people who oppose the law should put their efforts in to reversing it, instead of threatening to kill innocent people? Seems like a much more reasonable approach.

Also, killing never "became ok" as you put it. Have there been liberal people who have committed acts of violence? Of course there have been. There have been conservatives who have done it to; remember that idiot who crashed his plane in to the IRS building? IT DOESN'T MAKE IT OK. You're assertion that "Because some person I really hate did something absoulutely evil, it makes it OK" makes zero fucking sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                              Curious how death threats and arson are indicative of political affiliation, care to explain? Sounds to me more like senseless insult.

Comment

Working...
                              X