Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough about guns, what's with all the illegal immigrants!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enough about guns, what's with all the illegal immigrants!?

So I think we've all made our points regarding gun control/rights here.

What say the P&R trolls regarding immigration policy? Open the borders and accept them all with loving arms? Build more walls and increase border enforcement? How do we ensure people coming across legally will be productive members of society? Should we care? What's your ideal immigration policy?

Hopes and dreams of promises of amansty.................
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

i say we make our economy so bad that they wanna go back to mexico! only way to stop em i think!

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
        i say we make our economy so bad that they wanna go back to mexico! only way to stop em i think!
        Haha, well many would argue that we're well down that path. Maybe we'll all emigrate to white sandy beaches.

Comment

Racist!
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

In all seriousness, I would prefer it that we expect that our own citizenry be productive members of society prior to expecting immigrants do the same. The rule of law is a farce anyway. So what difference does it make?

There is a new book out by Timothy Sandefur that looks to knock the current state of politics right in the jaw. I am going to order a copy on payday.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
              Racist!
              Lol, glad you got it in before einhorn came in stinking up the place.

Comment

I favor amnesty.

Right now, illegals exist in a "black market" for labor. Because they can work for cash (well... anyone *can* work for cash, but most don't want to), they have a competitive edge in getting menial labor jobs compared to citizens & visa holders.

Granting them amnesty would remove their ability to undercut the labor market for citizens/visa holders and level the playing field for competition for labor.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                  I favor amnesty.

Right now, illegals exist in a "black market" for labor. Because they can work for cash (well... anyone *can* work for cash, but most don't want to), they have a competitive edge in getting menial labor jobs compared to citizens & visa holders.

Granting them amnesty would remove their ability to undercut the labor market for citizens/visa holders and level the playing field for competition for labor.
                  That's all well and good, but one amnesty leads to another amnesty and then to another. Reagan got burned by the Democrats in the 80s when he supported amnesty then.

However, demand and supply must be fought if the borders are going to be secured at all. We need to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law people who hire illegal aliens as well as deport those who come here illegally.

Even children: Yes, I am a cold hearted bastard. If we have had "anchor babies" in the past, well this new influx of children crossing the border are going to be "tether kids" as their parents get to come over here because they are minors too.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                    Lol, glad you got it in before einhorn came in stinking up the place.
                    trolololol

I think we should work on 1 letting it be easier for the illegals to become visa holders or citizens not amnesty but easier. also help Mexico improve its economy somehow so it's not as much of reason to come North in the first place

Comment

Yes, I am a cold hearted bastard.
                      Me, too, I guess. If somebody wants to live in this country, they must respect the laws of it, no sneaking around. They should be patient and get citizenship the proper way and follow the damn rules like everybody else. No amnesty. I know that other countries in the world are strict about these things and will waste no time sending somebody back home; I see no reason why the US should be any different.
                      My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                        Me, too, I guess. If somebody wants to live in this country, they must respect the laws of it, no sneaking around. They should be patient and get citizenship the proper way and follow the damn rules like everybody else. No amnesty. I know that other countries in the world are strict about these things and will waste no time sending somebody back home; I see no reason why the US should be any different.
                        Try to immigrate to Mexico. The requirements are insane.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

That's all well and good, but one amnesty leads to another amnesty and then to another. Reagan got burned by the Democrats in the 80s when he supported amnesty then.

However, demand and supply must be fought if the borders are going to be secured at all. We need to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law people who hire illegal aliens as well as deport those who come here illegally.

Even children: Yes, I am a cold hearted bastard. If we have had "anchor babies" in the past, well this new influx of children crossing the border are going to be "tether kids" as their parents get to come over here because they are minors too.
                          Let them all in.
                          Our immigration laws have been stupid for way too long.
                          I think a huge factor in the U.S.'s prosperity in the 20th century was that around the turn of the 19th-20th centuries, we took on 25-30 MILLION people who were brave enough to leave everything they'd ever known and strike out for the promise of prosperity. It was the largest mass-migration in human history.
                          Once you're in, you're in. Bring your whole family so you won't be sending cash back across the border. Fend for yourself because we won't (shouldn't) let you be a drain on society.

If this is no longer true:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
                          Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                          The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
                          Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
                          I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Then we should tear down the Statue of Liberty and sell her for scrap.
                          With demand for copper being what it is, maybe we'll make a dent in the deficit.

Comment

They should be patient and get citizenship the proper way and follow the damn rules like everybody else.
                            Do you have ANY idea what that actually entails? That's an absurd expectation.

I know that other countries in the world are strict about these things and will waste no time sending somebody back home; I see no reason why the US should be any different.
                            Because this is the United States of America and we can do better.

Comment

They should be patient and get citizenship the proper way and follow the damn rules like everybody else.

Oh, you mean like you did, with all that hard work you put in getting extracted from your mom's axewound?

Comment

Working...
                              X