Bugout/Disaster Prep. Thread
Collapse
X
-
lol "cool mil" you guys act like that's lots of money. Hell, any given two story house in a decent working class neighborhood in Canada goes for at least 400k. A mill isn't even that much. -
Leave a comment:
-
-
-
You guys sound like those crazy people that sell everything, pack their McMansion, and move to the middle of nowhere.Leave a comment:
-
One of the guys from work called off and made several hundred bucks pulling people out.Leave a comment:
-
-
-
Yeah, we're about to get fucked. Sucks our ground doesn't soak up water and our drainage is almost non-existent.Leave a comment:
-
The first couple without the water on the road was at 3:30 in the morning on I-10 and 67th. The ones with the water were at 3:45. The rain continued to, if I remember correctly, about 9ish?
[ATTACH]88764[/ATTACH][ATTACH]88765[/ATTACH][ATTACH]88766[/ATTACH][ATTACH]88767[/ATTACH]
Eventually there was so much water my 06 pontiac grand prix was getting picked up and water started coming in.
So...prepping for disasters is ludicrous right?
That's what these people thought.
Last edited by slaterd; 09-16-2014, 12:10 PM.Leave a comment:
-
I was in the Phoenix area on Friday. I drove down the 10, then the 101 and got off somewhere in Glendale to pick up another 2002 I bought. I drove past two community parks, both of which were flooded quite extensively. I saw a basketball hoop sticking out of the middle of what I thought was a pond. Nope. Basketball court.
Phoenix got rekt. Noobs.Leave a comment:
-
Hell speaking of storm we have another storm headed our way in phoenix. From what they say its suppose to look like last Monday's storm look like a raindrop. Hope they're wrong. So sit tight Phoenix dwellers.Leave a comment:
-
I've got a closet full of canned stuff - beans, chili, veggies ect.
23k btu kerosene heater, 50 gallons of kero treated with an anti-bacterial for extended storage
Containers to hold water - I don't trust water sitting for months/years at a time so I just leave them empty. If anything happens the water heater holds 80 gallons, it can be drained as necessary.
.22LR for small stuff. Somewhere between 500-1000 rounds (hey they're real cheap). Should probably get something bigger considering how many deer we have in MD. As of now I don't have anything for the more dangerous "animals".
I personally see no need to have a mobile plan - this isn't red dawn, world war z or something stupid. Fiction, not fantasy. Storms/weather is the real threat - if we actually do get invaded or something 90% of people will be fucked. In those cases preparedness will have a small role, survival will mostly boil down to luck.Last edited by jalopi; 09-16-2014, 11:37 AM.Leave a comment:



Leave a comment: