Bugout/Disaster Prep. Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mr. Tasty
    replied
    Originally posted by Liquidity
    People would have to take you seriously for that to matter.
    Honestly, I am surprised you have lasted this long. Props.

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    Originally posted by Liquidity
    You gotta love people talking about bringing their cars with them or being able to support multiple families for "quite some time" in some shelter. Nuclear fall-out lasts for decades people, not weeks. Your little bomb shelters are nothing but large coffins. The people will only "thank you" for the first couple days til they realize you're fucking retarded and sealed their fate.

    Learn to hunt and trap without firearms and to be a man of the wilderness. That's your only true escape from this if you really take this shit seriously.
    Originally posted by Liquidity
    LOL if current world events scare you I couldn't imagine what you woulda done in 1962. Stop listening to NPR dude.
    Originally posted by Liquidity
    Try reading the first post and what I quoted. Unless you somehow think "world events" means some terrorists are somehow gonna be able to overthrow our country, the only possible scenario that anyone would have to go to the extreme of living in a shelter is nuclear war.

    I was gonna say all you have to do is put two and two together but I forgot people in AZ can't do math.
    Originally posted by Liquidity
    People would have to take you seriously for that to matter.
    Likewise. Seriously get out of this thread. Your input still remains to be completely void of the conversation as most of your posts have been.

    Leave a comment:


  • Liquidity
    replied
    Originally posted by ParsedOut
    so I'll continue to consider you a troll.
    People would have to take you seriously for that to matter.

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    After going through Liquidity's post history..Parsed is right. He is a troll and wastes everyone's time.
    Can we ban Liquidity?

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    Also read the first post. Did I mention anything about living in a shelter? Nope.
    And wow, great stick at people who live in Arizona. I give you a gold star.

    Leave a comment:


  • ParsedOut
    replied
    Originally posted by Liquidity
    Try reading the first post and what I quoted. Unless you somehow think "world events" means some terrorists are somehow gonna be able to overthrow our country, the only possible scenario that anyone would have to go to the extreme of living in a shelter is nuclear war.

    I was gonna say all you have to do is put two and two together but I forgot people in AZ can't do math.
    I read what you wrote, you made your close minded conclusions. The only talk of a "shelter" was that silo that someone posted that was kind of cool, that's it. Your entire post history shows you have nothing productive to say, ever...so I'll continue to consider you a troll.

    Leave a comment:


  • Liquidity
    replied
    Originally posted by ParsedOut
    Who said anything about nuclear war/fallout? Keep trolling.
    Try reading the first post and what I quoted. Unless you somehow think "world events" means some terrorists are somehow gonna be able to overthrow our country, the only possible scenario that anyone would have to go to the extreme of living in a shelter is nuclear war.

    I was gonna say all you have to do is put two and two together but I forgot people in AZ can't do math.

    Leave a comment:


  • ParsedOut
    replied
    Originally posted by slaterd
    Even though technically that subject could be brought in...we were talking mostly about natural disasters.
    I think most would agree that if hundreds of nukes began flying it would pretty much be a lost cause. An EMP or a solar flare that knocks out the power grid? That is survivable if you are smart about where you go, what you have and what you know.

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    Originally posted by Liquidity
    You gotta love people talking about bringing their cars with them or being able to support multiple families for "quite some time" in some shelter. Nuclear fall-out lasts for decades people, not weeks. Your little bomb shelters are nothing but large coffins. The people will only "thank you" for the first couple days til they realize you're fucking retarded and sealed their fate.

    Learn to hunt and trap without firearms and to be a man of the wilderness. That's your only true escape from this if you really take this shit seriously.
    Already do.
    Originally posted by ParsedOut
    Who said anything about nuclear war/fallout? Keep trolling.
    Even though technically that subject could be brought in...we were talking mostly about natural disasters.

    Leave a comment:


  • ParsedOut
    replied
    Originally posted by Liquidity
    You gotta love people talking about bringing their cars with them or being able to support multiple families for "quite some time" in some shelter. Nuclear fall-out lasts for decades people, not weeks. Your little bomb shelters are nothing but large coffins. The people will only "thank you" for the first couple days til they realize you're fucking retarded and sealed their fate.

    Learn to hunt and trap without firearms and to be a man of the wilderness. That's your only true escape from this if you really take this shit seriously.
    Who said anything about nuclear war/fallout? Keep trolling.

    Leave a comment:


  • Liquidity
    replied
    You gotta love people talking about bringing their cars with them or being able to support multiple families for "quite some time" in some shelter. Nuclear fall-out lasts for decades people, not weeks. Your little bomb shelters are nothing but large coffins. The people will only "thank you" for the first couple days til they realize you're fucking retarded and sealed their fate.

    Learn to hunt and trap without firearms and to be a man of the wilderness. That's your only true escape from this if you really take this shit seriously.

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    Originally posted by Liquidity
    LOL if current world events scare you I couldn't imagine what you woulda done in 1962. Stop listening to NPR dude.

    Leave a comment:


  • BillBrasky
    replied
    This thread reminds me of a great Twilight Zone episode called The Shelter. Oh the genius mind of Rod Serling.

    Leave a comment:


  • Liquidity
    replied
    Originally posted by slaterd
    So after keeping up with the world events I've been finding myself wanting to finally start on some king of bugout preparation.
    LOL if current world events scare you I couldn't imagine what you woulda done in 1962. Stop listening to NPR dude.

    Leave a comment:


  • ParsedOut
    replied
    Personally I think our food supply lines are at the biggest risk right now. Couple failed crops due to pesticide resistant bugs and lack of organic diversity due to the GMO genius' could lead to panic food buying. As mentioned earlier in this thread, our grocery store shelves are minutes/hours away from being empty upon upsetting and panic inducing news. Think of the gun/ammo shortage that is just barely starting to lift triggered (pun intended) by the possibility of not having them in the future. You can't eat bullets and AR15s.

    Moral of the story, there are many things in our society that are deeply intertwined. Any number of things could cause an issue as minor as not having power for a few hours (where do you keep your candles? does your flashlight have batteries that work? could you find it in the dark? this is basic preparation.) to not having any public services for months on end. These people who plan for one "scenario" because that is what they "fear" is foolish, planning for the unknown to the best of your ability and resources is just common sense.
    Last edited by ParsedOut; 09-18-2014, 10:34 AM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...