Bugout/Disaster Prep. Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by slaterd
    Nope...
    seriously ?????? LOL

    Its safe to say between my "list" of shit we have laying around, and semi dormant skill set passed to me by my depression era grandparents and great aunt and uncle while growing up on a small farm. Its going to take A LOT of feces impacting the air circulation device for us to go hungry, cold and with out..... We can be snowed in for a month and short of killing each other due to cabin fever we will be fine, we are not going to miss a meal, get cold, miss a house payment or even a night of adult beverage consumption

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    Exactly. This is a topic about partial survivalism and preparation for catastrophes or unfortunate events that would otherwise hinder your current lifestyle.
    As far as the bow and arrow, I had already had it before I decided for some kind of bugout preparation. It wasn't bought for that. I bought it because I wanted to practice some archery on the side but would be included as some kind of backup.

    Leave a comment:


  • phreshkid
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    And I'm not sure I'd want to be around, at all (if you get my drift), if shit got that bad.

    I wonder % of preppers think Jeebus is real too?
    I'm not a prepper but I do believe in the big guy upstairs.

    However, let's not get into that here.




    edit: Now that I think about it, I'm pretty well prepared in the event of something catastrophic. I have many large metal shipping containers at my disposal. I've modified them into underground marijuana operations, or above ground living quarters. I'm currently balls-deep in repurposing 20' Open Top containers into water filtration systems, funded by NGOs, who are then funded by larger government programs. Such a modular commodity, these shipping containers are.

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    Are you trying to make a connection to Christian/Catholic extremists connected with this? I'm neither, so I don't know what kind of connection you're trying to make.
    Can we please stay on topic fellas.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    if it's so bad you need a bow and arrow to feed yourself, it's not like you can just go to a gas station.
    And I'm not sure I'd want to be around, at all (if you get my drift), if shit got that bad.

    I wonder % of preppers think Jeebus is real too?

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    Pretty much everyone he doesn't agree with. I think it's some complex where he feels empowered by harassing people on the internet because he knows they can't touch him. No better than the children on youtube that talk shit to everyone.

    One of our veteran employees at work recommended me to this site. He buys some stuff here and this guy that hosts the site is from Arizona too.

    CountyComm designs, manufactures and sells select products to federal, state and local government agencies. Specializing in EDC ( Every Day Carry )

    Leave a comment:


  • acolella76
    replied
    Do you talk to everyone this way, or just the people that aren't in the same room as you?

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    5 gallons of water and gas isn't going to get you far. especially in a gas guzzling SUV. I think that's why some people don't take it seriously because some choices don't make any sense. you can't drink bullets.

    what are you going to do when your SUV runs out of gas? if it's so bad you need a bow and arrow to feed yourself, it's not like you can just go to a gas station. I'd think it would make more sense to have some hiking gear and camping supplies...

    I'd actually really like to take advantage of the energy credits from our local power utility and have solar installed on my house. Unfortunately I'm on awful city water instead of a well like my last place, but at least I'd have power. could always do rainwater collection too.
    I know 5 gallons wouldn't be enough for gas but I plan on putting extra gas containers with the cherokee anyways. The water is just because I don't have any other means of storage. 5 gallons is better than none.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    5 gallons of water and gas isn't going to get you far. especially in a gas guzzling SUV. I think that's why some people don't take it seriously because some choices don't make any sense. you can't drink bullets.

    what are you going to do when your SUV runs out of gas? if it's so bad you need a bow and arrow to feed yourself, it's not like you can just go to a gas station. I'd think it would make more sense to have some hiking gear and camping supplies...

    I'd actually really like to take advantage of the energy credits from our local power utility and have solar installed on my house. Unfortunately I'm on awful city water instead of a well like my last place, but at least I'd have power. could always do rainwater collection too.

    Leave a comment:


  • ParsedOut
    replied
    Your list looks good so far, just realize that each person needs 1 gallon of water per day and you can only go about 3 days without water so...make that your #1 priority.

    If you can swing it, get a portable ceramic water filter. Personally I have a Katadyn Pocket and it'll filter thousands of gallons of water without needing a replacement. Doesn't filter viruses though, so boiling is still ideal.

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    Anyways after the small derailment as usual from einhander let's get a list of items that you all have set up in preparation. Also pictures too if you don't mind of any setups you may have, rv's, vehicles, gun cabinets etc.
    My list is short right now
    1. 5 gallons of water always on ready in the fridge.
    2. Energy and meal supplement bars.
    3. Full 5 gallon gas tank
    4. Atlas map
    5. Simple bow and arrow ( going to replace with a compound)
    6. Glass lenses

    To come:
    1. Cherokee (going to be used for romping on weekends anyway)
    2. Camping gear
    3. Hunting knife
    4. Hatchet/matchete
    5. 9mm (2)
    6. More food supplies

    And to Einhander...this is obviously to be built on.
    Last edited by slaterd; 09-16-2014, 08:50 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stanley Rockafella
    replied
    I couldn't give two shits about this fad.

    we should all be dead after Y2K, this will soon blow over too.

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    meh
    I don't worry about my neighborhood. Tons of guns and crime here already.

    Leave a comment:


  • einhander
    replied
    Originally posted by ParsedOut
    You're an immature fucking idiot.
    Hahaha

    Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • ParsedOut
    replied
    Originally posted by einhander
    Do you make the hats for your two-year old or does he/she do that him/herself?
    You're an immature fucking idiot.

    Leave a comment:

Working...