Equal pay for equal work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
    Just because someone lives a different lifestyle, or manages their finances better than your wife what makes you think they earn more?

Because I don't believe anyone manages their finances better than her! She counts every penny coming in and out and charts everything. And then she puts away everything that doesn't go to food or mortage. I mean everything, she's not typical shopaholic like most women, she hasnt bought clothes in over 2 years.
    I realize I didn't provide all the details in my post, but guys believe me I do know all the details on both accounts. I know what kind o income is required to live this guys type of life, and I know even with my measly $70k/ yr she and I aren't there.
    She was randomly offered a $20k/ yr raise recently after another female coworker asked the gender question. They called it market adjustment or something.
    I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

Comment

Originally posted by mccor023 View Post
      And then she puts away everything that doesn't go to food or mortage.
      How do you know this guy has a mortgage? Those aren't cheap.

Comment

Because I don't believe anyone manages their finances better than her! She counts every penny coming in and out and charts everything. And then she puts away everything that doesn't go to food or mortage. I mean everything, she's not typical shopaholic like most women, she hasnt bought clothes in over 2 years.
        I realize I didn't provide all the details in my post, but guys believe me I do know all the details on both accounts. I know what kind o income is required to live this guys type of life, and I know even with my measly $70k/ yr she and I aren't there.
        She was randomly offered a $20k/ yr raise recently after another female coworker asked the gender question. They called it market adjustment or something.
        Must be so damn tough huh? If she's offered that tell her to take it and shut up about it. That would be increasing my pay by more than 50%! I couldn't imagine gaining that type of raise and the possibilities that would open up to me. For one, I could afford to pay for school with that raise alone and still have about $8k left in my pocket a year.
        Originally posted by Wh33lhop
        This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

You guys are slaughtering smooth, over here.
          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

How do you know this guy has a mortgage? Those aren't cheap.

Like I said earlier I didn't write up the entire back story, but To answer I've been to his big ass house and talked to him about.
            I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

Comment

Just because someone lives a different lifestyle, or manages their finances better than your wife what makes you think they earn more?
              Maybe the new Porsche owner's wife makes more money than everyone and bought him the car??
              i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

So because your wife undervalues herself and is not pursing raises its the other guys fault?

Im having a hard time understanding what exactly you're complaining about. The fact that the dude drives a Porsche or that your wife is underpaid due to her own lack of willingness to ask for market rate.

The companies are not obligated to give you raises unless union contracted or specifically written as such.

Being a successful employee doesnt mean just being good at what you do but also negotiating the most $$ for your skills.

In the end if you believe you are underpaid and after renegotiating still arent satisfied, look for jobs elsewhere. In my experience NOTHING increases your earnings like switching companies.

Like I said earlier I didn't write up the entire back story, but To answer I've been to his big ass house and talked to him about.

Comment

Working...
                X