No announcement yet.

Humans Need Not Apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This video could have been made 30 years ago with the same message. It's hard to take seriously since some people think a true AI is just around the corner, which it definitely is not.

Place where I work has installed a $5 million robotic welder, which keeps fucking up every day and has to be fixed. You could blame that on poor programming but nevertheless such automated processes rely on human oversight, whether it be fixing things that break or ensuring the quality of products.
    My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post
      I too am at work and can't watch the whole video right now, but this type of thing usually is an argument in favor of Universal Basic Income, which I wholeheartedly support.
      and thats because you haven't studied (sound) economics a day in your life.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
        This video could have been made 30 years ago with the same message. It's hard to take seriously since some people think a true AI is just around the corner, which it definitely is not.

Place where I work has installed a $5 million robotic welder, which keeps fucking up every day and has to be fixed. You could blame that on poor programming but nevertheless such automated processes rely on human oversight, whether it be fixing things that break or ensuring the quality of products.
        there is A LOT that has been done to keep the automated production welding up and running, including changing acceptance codes that NDE operates under based on welding process.

I love coming in behind a Sub arc operator that thinks hes hot shit and pounding out production faster than all the other guy before him. Only to point out hes stacking too much filler with too much travel speed and trapping sub arc flux all over the place, some christmas tree hollow bead in the roots and incomplete fusion all over the place in almost every weld. Last sub arc job I did, the fab shop ask that I be replaced because I was "finding too many repairs" Well when their customer did a Q/C audit, their man told the shop foreman and owner that I was being very very generous with my interpretation
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-24-2014, 10:50 PM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

When robots can spend money we're really in trouble. Until then, there has to be someone to profit off of to make all of this automation worthwhile.
          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by peter321 View Post
            and thats because you haven't studied (sound) economics a day in your life.
            go on

Comment

Working...
            X