Am I the only person who likes Bernie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
    That's true. The "middleman" has taken his cut, however for the wrong reasons. Aka fighting a war on terror that doesn't exist. The president isn't a law maker, he/she governs the military. Perhaps with enough military deescalation that tax increase would be reversed in the future.

I'm not a commie, I understand how terrible a big government can be. I'm just sick of the fear mongering in politics distracting people from what their tax dollars should actually be going to. I'm simply surprised when there's an outrage because the government is spending money on social support systems, but when they squander tax dollars on "military intelligence," nobody bats an eye.

Imagine if that money went directly to support people who just like you, pay into the system despite being on the bottom rung of the societal ladder, whether it's their fault for being there or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fiscal contradictions are noted everywhere. But you see, there is zero benevolence in the government. Someone is getting bought and someone is getting sold.

All I ever ask of my government is to keep the place I live safe from foreign enemies (secure borders, not nation building), enforce contracts via proper exaction of the law, and make sure there aren't any barriers to me conducting business.

I would rather prefer that no money was stolen, at gun-point, from anyone. We hate crime; unless its committed by a g-man.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

It's not that rich is evil. It's called wealth distribution. The people making 500k per year don't NEED the extra 3-4% of their income, they are already fuckin rich. Poor people do need it.

With the current system wealthy people win. With a tax system that supports people out of a job or below the poverty line, everyone wins.

Who the fuck are you to say when someone else has "too much" or "doesn't need it"

To take from one because it is thought that his own industry and that of his father’s has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association—the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it. - Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Am I the only person who likes Bernie?

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        Who the fuck are you to say when someone else has "too much" or "doesn't need it"

To take from one because it is thought that his own industry and that of his father’s has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association—the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it. - Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson

Yet another person claiming that being poor is a choice. Check yo privilege.

Not everyone poor is a lazy fuck who deserves to be poor.
        Cause when you got 10 mil in the bank you need the extra 100k to maintain your livelihood.

Last edited by pandaboo911; 03-12-2016, 02:29 PM.

Comment

^
          I have been poor most of my adult life, grew up poor, and I fully expect to be poor again at some point in my life. When that happens guess what I will start over with little to nothing and work my ass off till I have something again that hows its supposed to happen, not wait for the govt to forcefully take someone else's property to give me something to incentivize me to continue to be poor. If that better off person wishes of their own free will to give someone less fortunate something to help them out or better themselves (You know CHARITY) thats a far more appropriate and far more effective way to go about it.

Fuck you and your privilege checking, I worked and earned my own way and what I have now. Less see how many more PC buzz phrases you can vomit out before the end of this thread.

I never said being poor = Lazy, nor does Mr Jefferson
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Amen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
            Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
            Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
            Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Lol this has nothing to do with PC.

I hope for your sake you've never collected an unemployment check because that would be pretty embarrassing.

Comment

I hope for your sake you've never collected an unemployment check because that would be pretty embarrassing.

If you're unemployed living in the heart of capitalism in the Bay Area, get off your butt and hustle. Make yourself indispensable, move out of California, go somewhere anywhere where you can have the chance to get hired by someone.
                Nobody owes you anything.
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Pretty sure the "check your privilege" buzz phrase falls into the PC mantra

Its also painfully apparent that you dont know how the unemployment system works and WHO PAYS FOR IT and that its AN INSURANCE coverage that is managed by the states and overseen by the feds, NOT AN ENTITLEMENT like your trying to infer. If I was to get that 10-14k (depending on the state you file in) on my regular pay thought out my term of employment for a given annum, the UE system might not be needed......

I pay into the system, as do my employers (who pay huge premiums based on his total payroll for the Insurance coverage and receive a bill when a laid off employee files a claim ). I am going to draw it when I am laid off, for us UE is just beer and gas money, We have savings for paying the real bills All this said I have only ever drawn a full claim once in my life, normally its less than 10 weeks out of 26 weeks, in which the STATE KEEP's the BALANCE to pay out to others or use as they see fit. The UE system for guys in my type of trades are a BIG money maker for the states and adds lots of funding to the abused Disability system.

Best of wishes to you Comrade
                  Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-12-2016, 07:21 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Check yo privilege.
                    What's your opinion on forgiving college debt?
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                      What's your opinion on forgiving college debt?
                      I think its situation dependent.

I definitely dont think they should transfer to family members when the person dies.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                        I think its situation dependent.

I definitely dont think they should transfer to family members when the person dies.
                        Does the debt transfer your family members, or is it as I suspect, and the debt in drawn from the estate? Many loans which do not have a life insurance play built in will have creditors request the estate pays off the balance. If there is money in place, it should pay off the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                          Does the debt transfer your family members, or is it as I suspect, and the debt in drawn from the estate? Many loans which do not have a life insurance play built in will have creditors request the estate pays off the balance. If there is money in place, it should pay off the debt.
                          In some states I falls under a different debts law, nationally it shouldn't follow people after the debt holder dies, but in states with "community property" laws your spouse or family members would be liable, even if they didnt cosign.

I also think there needs to be some inquiry into being more stingy with loans or inspecting loans where people who entered a job field either lost their job market and can no longer pay off the debt in time, either to have interest lowered, or the amount lowered, so its still payable. But I dont think they should be fully forgiven except for extraneous circumstances.
                          willschnitz

Comment

I know Mortgages have gotten much more strict. When my Wife and I mistakenly bought our first house, we made 34k and got financing for a 168k house. I lost income and we ended up foreclosing. I looked through the old paperwork recently and don't have the slightest clue what we thought we were doing.

I just applied for a Mortgage to purchase our house in August. My credit union wouldn't even touch me, so I'm going through Capital one. Even then, I made over 60k last year, and over 50k the year before. I was only approved for 200k, which is well over what I need, but still.

I'm completely against Student loan forgiveness. I'm not against allowing Bankruptcy for it though, as at least then you still suffer consequences from not paying your debt.

That foreclosure did a number on me, and I learned to read what the hell I'm getting myself into.

That said, Student loans are exempt from Bankruptcy because of the common practice of Law students racking up the debt, then defaulting. So, it's a tough situation. Also, no I can't provide a source for that information as I can't recall where I read it.
                            Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 03-13-2016, 04:53 PM.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                              I know Mortgages have gotten much more strict. When my Wife and I mistakenly bought our first house, we made 34k and got financing for a 168k house. I lost income and we ended up foreclosing. I looked through the old paperwork recently and don't have the slightest clue what we thought we were doing.

I just applied for a Mortgage to purchase our house in August. My credit union wouldn't even touch me, so I'm going through Capital one. Even then, I made over 60k last year, and over 50k the year before. I was only approved for 200k, which is well over what I need, but still.

I'm completely against Student loan forgiveness. I'm not against allowing Bankruptcy for it though, as at least then you still suffer consequences from not paying your debt.

That foreclosure did a number on me, and I learned to read what the hell I'm getting myself into.

That said, Student loans are exempt from Bankruptcy because of the common practice of Law students racking up the debt, then defaulting. So, it's a tough situation. Also, no I can't provide a source for that information as I can't recall where I read it.
                              I feel similar on forgiveness, There needs to be a negative to not paying them off.

My parents went through a similar situation to you, they bought a house, 2008 market took a shit, had to declare bankruptcy, and even though my parents make more then enough to afford most houses now, bank gave them a tough time.
                              willschnitz

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X