Am I the only person who likes Bernie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    I dont think profits are obscene, I think extreme profits at the expensive of the working class being seen as an ok and normal thing is obscene.
    Swing and a miss

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
      Swing and a miss

"aka i cant refute that"
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

"aka i cant refute that"
        Nothing really to refute. Another swing and a miss.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
          Nothing really to refute. Another swing and a miss.

Why don't you take a moment to discuss your opinions?

In my opinion, profits are great, and vital to growing businesses/the economy as a whole. However, at some point a company seemingly should share more of that profit (as they are able to) with the people that make it possible to have revenue in the first place, the employees.

It seems that too many companies get caught up in chasing the bottom line and tend to treat employees as disposable tools. I'm of two minds here as I believe as humans we are all eminently replaceable/not actually special, but in terms of dignity and fairness I'd like to see companies treat all of us as slightly more valuable than the paper clip thieves they assume we are.

Then we come to training as rolling profits back in to the company. When companies do this and retain workforce they should grow, profit, and enhance the value of the employees. However, when companies don't want to train, and then have rather unreasonable requirements for positions in the first place the pool of qualified workers just isn't there.

See, that only took a minute or two, anyone can do it off-hand. Your turn marshallnoise.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Why don't you take a moment to discuss your opinions?

In my opinion, profits are great, and vital to growing businesses/the economy as a whole. However, at some point a company seemingly should share more of that profit (as they are able to) with the people that make it possible to have revenue in the first place, the employees.

It seems that too many companies get caught up in chasing the bottom line and tend to treat employees as disposable tools. I'm of two minds here as I believe as humans we are all eminently replaceable/not actually special, but in terms of dignity and fairness I'd like to see companies treat all of us as slightly more valuable than the paper clip thieves they assume we are.

Then we come to training as rolling profits back in to the company. When companies do this and retain workforce they should grow, profit, and enhance the value of the employees. However, when companies don't want to train, and then have rather unreasonable requirements for positions in the first place the pool of qualified workers just isn't there.

See, that only took a minute or two, anyone can do it off-hand. Your turn marshallnoise.
            you know there are lots of companies that do just what you espouse. if you're working for one that isn't go find a different place to work, or better yet start your own business and follow your own code of ethics. but somehow legislating corporate profit margins or behavior is a slippery slope we all do not want to go down.
            i for one do not shop at the Walmarts of the world, nor do i eat at chain restaurants. i spend money at owner run businesses whenever i can. i pay a bit more, not much, but in my mind its important to keep small businesses in business.
            your behavior as a consumer makes a difference to how companies operate. don't support those that don't meet your standards.
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Someone posted this to reddit.

"How I see the election as a nerd."
              AWD > RWD

Comment

"just find somewhere else to work"

Real talk though I saw that on Reddit too, only part that doesn't fit is Bernie isn't rich cause he doesn't horde money. He does fight for the poor though.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

"just find somewhere else to work"

Real talk though I saw that on Reddit too, only part that doesn't fit is Bernie isn't rich cause he doesn't horde money. He does fight for the poor though.
                  It's really easy to fight for the poor with other people's money. Just saying.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

"aka i cant refute that"
                    this is how i feel reading though this thread

You can't argue with some people man. When they don't have a legitimate response they just go NANANANANANNANANANNANNANANA cant hear and throw out more bullshit about how all the Liberals want to take away everything thats american.
                    88 325is Five Speed
                    Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                      This is not about making everyone equal. haha. This about the rampant wealth collection the top 1% has experienced over the last few decades and has continued it's hyperbolic rise. How do you address the ever increasing wealth gap?
                      so you're in favor apparently of using the power of the federal government to punish those you deem too wealthy or somehow unworthy of their wealth. even though it will do nothing to change the "wealth gap" or make your life better in any way.
                      is that it in a nutshell?
                      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Yes, the way to address wealth and income inequality is to claim he wants to "punish" via taxation.

gwb reading comprehension at its finest

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                          so you're in favor apparently of using the power of the federal government to punish those you deem too wealthy or somehow unworthy of their wealth. even though it will do nothing to change the "wealth gap" or make your life better in any way.
                          is that it in a nutshell?
                          No. I want the state to own all sources of production. Everyone will get mandated items. No wealth for anyone. All hail glorious Red Communist States of America.

Edit: I was going to just post that, but then realized you might not realize that is sarcasm. Seriously dude, what is wrong with you? Lol.
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

No. I want the state to own all sources of production. Everyone will get mandated items. No wealth for anyone. All hail glorious Red Communist States of America.

Edit: I was going to just post that, but then realized you might not realize that is sarcasm. Seriously dude, what is wrong with you? Lol.
                            he's already discredited himself, just check out page after page of insanity here:

bonus points because mrsleeve is foolish enough to use this guy as his investment broker

and he promised that he'd never come back and post here but here we are again, another election year

Comment

so maybe do something original and like answer the question
                              because what you want has never worked before. higher taxes on the wealth do not solve wealth inequality
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

You've moved the goalposts 3 times now, first it was "inequality doesn't exist" and then it was "it's proof of a functioning capitalist economy" and now it's "something cannot be fixed"

Coward, through and through.

Comment

Working...
                                X