Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
    Yeah. I'm still voting Bernie.
    He's been offered lead billing by the Green Party. We'll see where that goes. Could finally be the reason a significant portion of the population breaks out of the two-party system.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

I think I have been on record for the last 2-3 years now I not a fan of the idea of a trump presidency in the least, I like the fact he is not a "political establishment" candidate and has BOTH parties very worried that he has a fighting chance..

All that said I WILL vote against Hillary, thats all that matters this cycle is to keep that fucking waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles out of that office, and hopefully with it end any more aspirations to that end.

I dont have much faith that it will happen that way and really think and have for a long time that waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles WILL be the next POTUS and that will show just how corrupt this system has become. This will make the Grant admin look like a model presidency and the 0 admin, the pinnacle of transparency.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Johnson is polling at 8%, which is significantly higher than the libertarian party has ever achieved in the past.

W/R/T voter turnout--voting does matter and the choice to not vote implies you don't want a voice in the process and this is something that the parties uses to their advantage. Just look how much higher the voter turnout is in non-presidential election years by party--republicans regularly turn out at a much, much higher rate.

Comment

I like Johnson, its where my vote went last time, and I like the fact the Libertarian party is polling much better this time around.

edit: Its not so much a case of too little to late, as not enough and not yet... But is indicative of how fed up people are getting with the parties.
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-08-2016, 03:31 PM.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
            voting does matter and the choice to not vote implies you don't want a voice in the process and this is something that the parties uses to their advantage.
            That's what you imply it means. To others it could imply that people are disgusted with the system. That people don't identify with anyone on the ballot. That people feel disenfranchised. Abstaining from voting IS having a voice. What that voice/message says is open to interpretation.

You are right, the parties do use that non-vote to their advantage. But many don't believe in voting for the lesser of two evils. The game is rigged, no matter which side of the aisle you are on. If some choose not to play... I don't blame them. The average citizen has VERY little to say about who the figurehead of our country will be... and even less in common with that figurehead (socioeconomically or otherwise).

I have been hearing more about Johnson and his polling... he might be getting my vote this time around as well. There is NO WAY IN HELL I would vote for Trump OR Hillary.
            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
            -----------------------------------------
            91 318is Turbo Sold
            87 325 Daily driver Sold
            06 4.8is X5
            06 Mtec X3
            05 4.4i X5 Sold
            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
            90 325i Sold
            97 328is Sold
            01 323ci Sold
            92 325i Sold
            83 528e Totaled
            98 328i Sold
            93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
              That's what you imply it means. To others it could imply that people are disgusted with the system. That people don't identify with anyone on the ballot. That people feel disenfranchised. Abstaining from voting IS having a voice. What that voice/message says is open to interpretation.

You are right, the parties do use that non-vote to their advantage. But many don't believe in voting for the lesser of two evils. The game is rigged, no matter which side of the aisle you are on. If some choose not to play... I don't blame them. The average citizen has VERY little to say about who the figurehead of our country will be... and even less in common with that figurehead (socioeconomically or otherwise).

I have been hearing more about Johnson and his polling... he might be getting my vote this time around as well. There is NO WAY IN HELL I would vote for Trump OR Hillary.
              And it's fine to be disgusted but how likely are most people to engage in the political process if you don't vote? it's the lowest and easiest hurdle of participation in democracy, besides arguing on the internet :D. my point is if you don't vote, for whatever reason, you probably aren't involved in any other political activity and the political parties leverage non-participation (on all levels) to their advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                And it's fine to be disgusted but how likely are most people to engage in the political process if you don't vote? it's the lowest and easiest hurdle of participation in democracy, besides arguing on the internet :D. my point is if you don't vote, for whatever reason, you probably aren't involved in any other political activity and the political parties leverage non-participation (on all levels) to their advantage.
                I don't disagree with you. Parties (especially Reps) certainly take advantage of "non-participation." Though, it could be argued that simply living in the country is participation through taxation and other normal aspects of citizenship.

My point is simply don't ridicule or discount people's opinions simply because they don't vote. That's all. I do vote, but I am still certainly willing to listen to those who don't and take their positions/opinions into consideration when forming my own views. To not do so would be closed minded and elitist.
                "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                91 318is Turbo Sold
                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                06 4.8is X5
                06 Mtec X3
                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                90 325i Sold
                97 328is Sold
                01 323ci Sold
                92 325i Sold
                83 528e Totaled
                98 328i Sold
                93 325i Sold

Comment

William Pitt-

Comment

A USMC officer is appealing his case given the recent declination to pursue charges against HRC. Let us see the double standard in full swing...
                    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

everyone knows HRC is an acronym for "huge reeking C-waffle"!
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                        A USMC officer is appealing his case given the recent declination to pursue charges against HRC. Let us see the double standard in full swing...
                        UCMJ and the Civil Code are not the same thing. In one case intent means almost nothing, and in the other it's everything (incohate crimes aside).

Comment

I am not sure they are using it as an example to overcome the finding but to lay claim the punishment is not fit for the crime. I am sure the major's attorneys are more privy to the facts than we are and are not pursuing this haphazardly, or they would be in dereliction of their own ethical code.
                          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                            UCMJ and the Civil Code are not the same thing. In one case intent means almost nothing, and in the other it's everything (incohate crimes aside).
                            Bingo.

I doubt anything will come of this.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

Not that it makes a difference but did anyone scan through the new classified Hillary email dump by wikileaks?

Perhaps Clinton was threatening Comey's family with suicide with this whole scandal. /sarcasm

Comment

^Curious to see what happens if someone finds something interesting in the new material. The thought of Hillary as POTUS makes me cringe... but so does the thought of Trump.

But on a side note... that Young Cons website is exactly what I was talking about how the left and right just spout the same old sh*t from their high horses never imagining that the other might have an idea worth discussing. So narrow minded.
                                91 318is Turbo Sold
                                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                                06 4.8is X5
                                06 Mtec X3
                                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                                90 325i Sold
                                97 328is Sold
                                01 323ci Sold
                                92 325i Sold
                                83 528e Totaled