• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

wait is this the same event i posted about earlier (also near bismarck, ND) or another one i haven't heard about yet?

either way. jesus christ. are we clear on why the protests are happening yet? we would like to stop having environmental disasters. capiche?
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Yes looks to be the same incident.

I have not had time to look into it, but like I said I suspect its a gathering line, thats of much lower pressure and has a totally different set of rules and guidelines that govern it Vs the DAPL and other transmission lines. Especially since it was built 30+ years ago.

this is far from an environmental disaster, this is a dig deal for the intimidate area where oil is flowing over the ground, but out side of that its not going to hurt anything in the long term. There is far more oil spewing out of natural formations all over the place than this
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-13-2016, 03:56 AM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          Yes looks to be the same incident.

I have not had time to look into it, but like I said I suspect its a gathering line, thats of much lower pressure and has a totally different set of rules and guidelines that govern it Vs the DAPL and other transmission lines. Especially since it was built 30+ years ago.
          ok well... as a software engineer at a company that's about 10 years old, i'm still responsible for supporting engineering decisions made half a decade before i showed up, and yeah- a lot of the time, those decisions sucked. that's the fucking deal.

i'm not blaming you personally, of course, but your industry needs to fix this shit.

edit: alright, sleeve, if you start arguing with me about whether an oil spill is or is not an environmental disaster... dude, i've been trying to find middle ground.
          Last edited by decay; 12-13-2016, 04:02 AM.
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Hahahhaha, what were you saying about the safety of oil pipelines sleeve?

:rofl: dude, hahaha, I don't think I can take anything you say in P&R seriously again.

I would laugh more, if I weren't crying for the environment.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Oil spills into nearby water sources and land, "not a natural disaster" I think sleeve has an extremely lenient definition of a natural disaster.

In my opinion no oil should be leaking, any leak is a disaster, this may not be a huge leak, but its another to add to the multiple leaks there seem to be a year.

The pipeline companies make the excuse that this new pipeline will have leak detection, but the leak detection they already use only registers large leaks anyway.
              willschnitz

Comment

You guys are so dramatic it's gross.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                  Hahahhaha, what were you saying about the safety of oil pipelines sleeve?

:rofl: dude, hahaha, I don't think I can take anything you say in P&R seriously again.

I would laugh more, if I weren't crying for the environment.
                  hey here's a handy map showing all the pipleine leaks since 2010:

Since 2010, over 3,300 incidents of crude oil and liquefied natural gas leaks or ruptures have occurred on U.S. pipelines. These incidents have killed 80 people, injured 389 more, and cost $2.8 billion in damages. They also released toxic, polluting chemicals in local soil, waterways, and air.

and a different map showing leaks/failures since 1986:

Over the last thirty years, just under 9,000 significant pipeline-related incidents have taken place nationwide, according to data from the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration. (Not counted in this total are thousands of less “significant" pipeline-related malfunctions.)

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                    You guys are so dramatic it's gross.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
                    Says the dude who freaks out about democrats and their ideas daily.
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                      Says the dude who freaks out about democrats and their ideas daily.
                      Good comeback.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

What is the logic in opposing pipelines? Not this particular one, but pipelines in general. Not sarcastic, just want understanding.

The oil is going to come to market regardless of the mode of transportation it takes to get to the refinery, or distribution center. Pipelines offer the smallest carbon footprint, and less handiling, which means lower point source spill potential. Heck just this week by me we have had 2 tanker trucks overturn and spill. One due to a raccoon, I wish that were a joke. Also the pipeline companies have the funds and resources to correctly clean, and pay for remediation should it be needed. I know some of these small trucking companies I see locally would be superfund cases if they were to have a spill. They have zero chance of paying for a multimillion dollar cleanup.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                          What is the logic in opposing pipelines? Not this particular one, but pipelines in general. Not sarcastic, just want understanding.

The oil is going to come to market regardless of the mode of transportation it takes to get to the refinery, or distribution center. Pipelines offer the smallest carbon footprint, and less handiling, which means lower point source spill potential. Heck just this week by me we have had 2 tanker trucks overturn and spill. One due to a raccoon, I wish that were a joke. Also the pipeline companies have the funds and resources to correctly clean, and pay for remediation should it be needed. I know some of these small trucking companies I see locally would be superfund cases if they were to have a spill. They have zero chance of paying for a multimillion dollar cleanup.
                          Because they are bad. Duh!

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                            Also the pipeline companies have the funds and resources to correctly clean, and pay for remediation should it be needed.
                            They don't though. They under report spills and don't clean up properly.

I understand that pipes are one of the safest ways to transport oil. People are protesting where these pipes are being run. Also, I'd be in favor of replacing existing pipeline infrastructure, so that it stays current and reduces the risk of spills due to old pipes. Rather than just constantly making new pipelines.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

I understand that pipes are one of the safest ways to transport oil. People are protesting where these pipes are being run. Also, I'd be in favor of replacing existing pipeline infrastructure, so that it stays current and reduces the risk of spills due to old pipes. Rather than just constantly making new pipelines.
                              If that was even remotely common, it would be in the news every single day and the only thing anyone would cover. I get it that you feel that its that way, but I am 99.9% sure you are wrong.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Exisiting pipelines don't connect to new fields, etc.

I want to protect the environment as well, but I think it is far overblown.

50 miles to the south and west of where I currently live is the "Pipeline Crossroad of the World" approaching 25% of all oil consumed in America flows through Cushing on a daily basis.

I'm sure Sleeve will argue, but all the waste water injection has turned OK into one of the most seismically active areas IN THE WORLD. OK has had more 5.0+ earthquakes this year than the rest of the country COMBINED.

Some with epicenters just miles from the tank farm, which has a capacity approaching 100 million barrels.

And no large scale disasters here.
                                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X