No announcement yet.

Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you watch the vice vid the worst that happens is some Nazis get pepper sprayed after punching counter protestors. Meanwhile they show some Nazis beating people up and hitting them with clubs and shields and shit.

Pretty equal. Especially taking plates off your car and driving into a crowd, just equal stuff here folks.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      ^You read a book.

This is complete and utter BS. Many Generals at the time indicated they were against the attack as Japan was broken, Japan was even trying to negotiate peace through Russia. The blockade and bombing campaigns already had the Japanese defeated.

But this isn't about the desire to use a new weapon to scare the rest of the world with our military might (which is precisely why we used the bomb) it's about the orange faced moron in the WH.
      History is my hobby, WWII is of particular focus, I have read many many books and can say 100% that we tried to end the war without using the bomb and Japan refused to surrender. How did they (being done) not surender after Hiroshima???

Originally posted by cale View Post
      I am not an apologist for either side, especially for the most heinous characters of the war (the Japanese). All I'm saying is the intentional targeting of civilians is atrocious, and the eye for an eye argument of it being in retaliation holds no weight with me. Often too, peoples understanding of the justification for escalating the war to nuclear levels is lacking. It may have been justifiable if the Japanese were still a viable threat at the time of Hiroshima/Nagasaki, they were not. Anyone who thinks those bombs were necessary to finish off the Japanese is the one who needs to do some reading, they were in pieces and lacking the means to continue a war.

It has been theorised upwards of 1,000,000 people would have died in a land invasion of the Japanese home islands, look at the fight they put up on Iwo Jima and other pacific islands.

They started the war, lost it and refused to capitulate. Shit happens.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Never said it was equal.

just so you know, vice is not the only account of what happened lol. I wonder what biased vice news would edit out? Hmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I'm sure they selectively edit some stuff, but their field videos are usually pretty plain.

Its worth noting that the damn president doubled down on this idiotic 'both sides equal' meme. Making up a new 'alt-left' term and acting like 'alt-right' is a made up media term.

Its pretty obvious which side he stands with after his statements this week.
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
            History is my hobby, WWII is of particular focus, I have read many many books and can say 100% that we tried to end the war without using the bomb and Japan refused to surrender. How did they (being done) not surender after Hiroshima???

It has been theorised upwards of 1,000,000 people would have died in a land invasion of the Japanese home islands, look at the fight they put up on Iwo Jima and other pacific islands.

They started the war, lost it and refused to capitulate. Shit happens.
            Parker, notice how those of us that have a little more classic understanding of history, seem to disagree with the more "recent versions" of how its being taught in our school systems????
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Wait you're older than me? Sorry sir, your position holds more weight.

"Classic" understand if history, aka antiquated and less evolved. Those Japs had it comin

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                Parker, notice how those of us that have a little more classic understanding of history, seem to disagree with the more "recent versions" of how its being taught in our school systems????
                Yup. The funny thing is 90% of my historical knowledge is self-taught (although I have silly letters from a school in history) because I am a history geek.

I was the kid reading the history books on the bus to & from school.

Originally posted by cale View Post
                Wait you're older than me? Sorry sir, your position holds more weight.

"Classic" understand if history, aka antiquated and less evolved. Those Japs had it comin

Age has nothing to do with it, you are regurgitating "alternative facts".

As I said, read about it then come back. If you come up with a credible source that contradicts my position, I'll happily read it and if it proves me wrong I'll thank you and admit it.

Until then 54-40 or fight!!!
                Last edited by parkerbink; 08-16-2017, 03:02 PM.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Cale we are about the same age, some of us just learned our history from people that lived though some of it, or were at least in living memory of it. WWII in particular, my history teachers were old............
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Ahh another lived vicariously type eh
                    willschnitz

Comment

It just occurred to me all this "actual data" is ironic in a thread about a man that hates facts!

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                        Ahh another lived vicariously type eh
                        No not at all, the fact that you say this shows just how little respect you have people of other world views. Listening to a man teach a subject and talk about something in a book, that was there and lived though what the book is trying inform you of puts a face and personalizes those dates and facts. It puts humanity into the experience, not just regurgitation of dates and important occurrences, it adds whole dimension to the subject. Something lost on all of you rose tinted glasses types.

Thats not living vicariously though someone else deeds. I think you need to brush up on your vocabulary and study your definition flash cards before you go back to school

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                          I'm sure they selectively edit some stuff, but their field videos are usually pretty plain.

Its worth noting that the damn president doubled down on this idiotic 'both sides equal' meme. Making up a new 'alt-left' term and acting like 'alt-right' is a made up media term.

Its pretty obvious which side he stands with after his statements this week.
                          Which side is that? The side her verbally condemned or the side that was also responsible for violence that happened? It seems like he's not taking a side, because both sides actions are beyond questionable.

I didn't know you can, "punch the Nazi" out of someone.. At the end of the day, its not illegal to be a Nazi. As sad as it is, their beliefs are protected. What is illegal is attacking someone whose beliefs are different than yours. Bigotry works both ways, regardless of your opinions. You can't punch someone because they hurt your feelings.

When BLM started chanting, "pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon!" Does that justify me running around punching BLM supporters because its inciting the killings of cops and just generally inciting violence?

Jesus Christ, look at what MLK accomplished in an era much worse than today, through nonviolence.

This whole situation is so aggravating... Nazis have lived here for decades and will continue to live here. Get over it.

And save the Nazi sympathizer comments, because I'm not.
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Last edited by parkerbink; 08-16-2017, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton:

My statement on Trump's August 22 event at the Phoenix Convention Center:

“I am disappointed that President Trump has chosen to hold a campaign rally as our nation is still healing from the tragic events in Charlottesville. If President Trump is coming to Phoenix to announce a pardon for former Sheriff Joe Arpaio, then it will be clear that his true intent is to enflame emotions and further divide our nation.

It is my hope that more sound judgment prevails and that he delays his visit.

With regard to use of the Phoenix Convention Center for the rally: This is a public facility and open to anyone to rent – and that includes the Trump campaign. Our Constitution protects the right to free speech, even for those we disagree with or those who don’t represent the values we hold dear as a community.

In preparation for this event, my focus and that of the Phoenix Police Department is on keeping everyone – those attending the rally, those expressing their First Amendment rights outside and the general public – safe.”

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                                Kind of changing the subject but am i the only one who doesn't understand why everyone is hating on trump right now for what happened in Virginia?
                                There is a huge leftist media bias about this as usual.

Was it a white supremacy rally? No, it wasn't. It was people protesting the removal of a historical figure. Were white supremacists there? Well, yes but its not really what it was about.

Things only got violent once the Soros boys ANTIFA/BLM movement came to "counter protest" with rocks, bats, urine bombs and of course acid.

I see all this crap about some dumb lefties getting injured. Sorry but if an angry mob of psychotic leftards that conflate butt hurt emotions with physical violence are hitting my car with bats and trying to drag me out of it, I'll run them over, reverse and do a fat burnout on their faces. Reginald Denny is a great example of why you don't stop for angry mobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X