Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
    Uh huh....

AT&T, touting bonuses and investment fueled by tax reform, quietly lays off thousands

https://www.indystar.com/story/money...led/992690001/

Call center that was becoming redundant and about 600 or 800 low skill jobs being cut and trimming employment to meet demand with in given markets, happens all the time across all business and industries . With a total employee number somewhere around 260k IIRC. So they are giving 200k employees or 4/5ths of their work force a bonus, while triming less than a tenth of a percent of their work force to remain profitable. Outraged over nothing I see.....

Where was your outrage at the end of 2015 when ATT and trimmed about 12k jobs????

Originally posted by parkerbink
    Wal-Mart has announced thousands of layoffs since publicizing bonuses and benefits expansion

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wa...ion-2018-01-30
    Ummmm again it was Sams club stores NOT walmart stores that were under preforming and 1/5th of those will be transitioned to fulfillment centers and employ 10k or so... While employing 2.2 MILLION people. So again we have some very minor workforce shifting and restructuring to meet market demands in small regional area not across the whole corporation. I think your moral outrage needs some targeting adjustments

Where was you outrage when walmart cut 1000 HR jobs from its HQ 1st quarter of 2017

The maker of Huggies and Kleenex is firing up to 5,500 workers — and it's using Trump tax cuts to pay for the layoffs

http://www.businessinsider.com/kimbe...ax-cuts-2018-1
    Dont know anything about this one,

Also,

GM Is Laying Off 1,500 Workers at a Plant in Detroit

http://fortune.com/2017/10/12/gm-layoffs-detroit/
    Ok they are all UAW guys and Fiat Chrysler is adding at least 2500 jobs in Warren aka Detroit......... They are just going to have a different letter head across their Pay stubs since the Union will place them, pay and benefits are all comparable and they will just have a different pant to report to. Good try though. As to the age of the article I just saw it today, I didnt see it back in Oct. So I was thinking it was current as well, and it is dated today 2/6/18

So let me see if I get this right, your pissed that big companies are laying of less than 10 out of every 1000 workers on their pay rolls nation wide in response to regional market needs, and giving vast majorities of those other rank and file workers raises, bonus and other incentives......

OH THE OUTRAGE give me a break.
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-06-2018, 06:16 PM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
      Yeah no. Get back on your meds.

Do you even know what a banana republic is? Because it would be really hard for us to turn into one
      Stop smoking whatever you are smoking.

Ummm he says anyone that disagrees with him is treasonous.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Stop smoking whatever you are smoking.

Ummm he says anyone that disagrees with him is treasonous.
        Sorry I can't smoke, I have a gov. job and get randoms
        Do you have to Google banana republic?

Comment

Sorry I can't smoke, I have a gov. job and get randoms
          Do you have to Google banana republic?

Congratulations on digging your claws into banana republic. It is a term of derision, sub any term you like, he has set us back globally decades.

*EDIT*

He welcomes another shutdown. That should piss you off, that he does not care if you get laid off.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Congratulations on digging your claws into banana republic. It is a term of derision, sub any term you like, he has set us back globally decades.

*EDIT*

He welcomes another shutdown. That should piss you off, that he does not care if you get laid off.
            Haha ok buddy shut the shit down. I'll still be working and still get paid.

Comment

Haha ok buddy shut the shit down. I'll still be working and still get paid.
              Hahaha, CHIEF. So as long as YOU are unaffected fuck the rest of the country.

Okidoke.

Comment

Sorry, I missed the GM story was old, how about the rest?

Objective? I am extremely objective. We have a President that is tearing down the fabric of our democracy. That is unacceptable.
                Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                Call center that was becoming redundant and about 600 or 800 low skill jobs being cut and trimming employment to meet demand with in given markets, happens all the time across all business and industries . With a total employee number somewhere around 260k IIRC. So they are giving 200k employees or 4/5ths of their work force a bonus, while triming less than a tenth of a percent of their work force to remain profitable. Outraged over nothing I see.....

Where was your outrage at the end of 2015 when ATT and trimmed about 12k jobs????

Ummmm again it was Sams club stores NOT walmart stores that were under preforming and 1/5th of those will be transitioned to fulfillment centers and employ 10k or so... While employing 2.2 MILLION people. So again we have some very minor workforce shifting and restructuring to meet market demands in small regional area not across the whole corporation. I think your moral outrage needs some targeting adjustments

Where was you outrage when walmart cut 1000 HR jobs from its HQ 1st quarter of 2017

Dont know anything about this one,

Also,

Ok they are all UAW guys and Fiat Chrysler is adding at least 2500 jobs in Warren aka Detroit......... They are just going to have a different letter head across their Pay stubs since the Union will place them, pay and benefits are all comparable and they will just have a different pant to report to. Good try though. As to the age of the article I just saw it today, I didnt see it back in Oct. So I was thinking it was current as well, and it is dated today 2/6/18

So let me see if I get this right, your pissed that big companies are laying of less than 10 out of every 1000 workers on their pay rolls nation wide in response to regional market needs, and giving vast majorities of those other rank and file workers raises, bonus and other incentives......

OH THE OUTRAGE give me a break.

So parker, since you were too lazy to read your own links, sleeve gave you the rundown.

How is this the president's fault? How is tearing apart the fabric of society?

This was my whole point about being objective, all you have is hyperbole and outrage.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  So parker, since you were too lazy to read your own links, sleeve gave you the rundown.

How is this the president's fault? How is tearing apart the fabric of society?

This was my whole point about being objective, all you have is hyperbole and outrage.
                  Sleeve posted more Bonuses, I posted the other side of them, layoffs.

An unrelated issue is Trump's vilification of HIS FBI, justice department, intelligence agencies and anyone that says anything he dislikes.

That is ripping our democracy apart.

How anyone with 2 synapses to rub together can't see how divisive and destructive this is boggles the mind.

Comment

Underperforming stores that layoff workers, because the store is closing.......again how is that Trump's fault?

It surely wasn't Obama's fault when I was laid off in 2015.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      Underperforming stores that layoff workers, because the store is closing.......again how is that Trump's fault?

It surely wasn't Obama's fault when I was laid off in 2015.
                      Where did I blame Trump on that?

Again, Sleeve posted bonuses, I posted layoffs.

No blame, just rebuttal, he shouldn't be blamed nor credited for hiring/bonusses/layoffs or sunspot activity.

Ok? Can we move on to the real issue, a man child President that takes everything personally and can't go a day without a tantrum.
                      Last edited by parkerbink; 02-07-2018, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Ok? Can we move on to the real issue, a man child President that takes everything personally and can't go a day without a tantrum.
                        Oh the irony

Comment

Oh the irony
                          Do you need to Google irony?

Comment

Oh the irony
                            Hmmm... I don't see parker throwing tantrums...
                            88 325i Cabrio
                            04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

So basically, if you get the flu, you're not a real Christian according to Trump's evangelical advisor Gloria Copeland, because Christians are immune from the flu. Now show me the unicorns and the spaghetti monster in the sky please...

"Jesus himself is our flu shot. He redeemed us from the curse of the flu.”

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

This is why politics is so jacked up and ridiculous recently, because everything is a catastrophe that is "destroying the very foundation of society".

Why can't we give up this dumb line? I'm not saying that I love everything about ANY (underlined a billion times for emphasis if I could) president, however, their success or failure is hardly going to bring down society as a whole.

Regardless of who is given the credit, can't we accept that more people with jobs or more people with more money to spend each month is a good thing for society as a whole? Capitalism itself creates winners and losers, that's the reality of the economic system, it also allows for losers to become winner and winners to become losers. So this line of responses about layoffs and bonuses is really a rather mundane argument. Will everyone always win, NO IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. However, the beauty of the American system is that the future is always right in front of you, the possibilities are nearly endless if you are willing to embrace those possibilities.

Can we move on to something that actually matters like the federal budget deal that's looming or the immigration reform that has been kicked down the road for far too long? Things that will actually affect the foundation of American society rather than the irrelevant angry tweets or off-hand comments of one person? I realize that Trump does have an outsized influence when compared to the average person, but the founders created the government in such a way as to limit the individual power of one person, regardless of the office.

So why not theorize the next step for immigration reform or debate the merits of spending cuts to our budget rather than worrying about a few occurrences in a normal economy that would remain irrelevant if it weren't for the hypersensitive media and society projecting them forward as some type of way to cry wolf when there's actually no danger at all...

Comment

Working...
                                X