No announcement yet.

Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you saying you think he has the traits needed to be an effective President? If so which?

I'd suggest starting here:

(spoiler alert Trump has none of these) Some may say he has charisma, I'd say not, more like chutzpah.

Reflect on the skills of some of our greatest presidents and how they can be applied to your job search.

Whether you think they’ve succeeded or failed, each U.S. president was elected for a reason. Each man proved to the American people that he was right for the job, and tried to continually showcase his best traits. In the wake of Presidents’ Day, we examined which traits can be used to advance your career. Here are four of the professional traits everyone should take away from our presidents.

Honesty
    Perhaps the most well-known presidential nickname is “Honest Abe.” Mr. Abraham Lincoln earned this nickname prior to his first inauguration, though speculations vary as far as exactly when. It may have been during his youth as a star customer-service store clerk, or later on in his law career when others observed his intolerance of lying in the courtroom.

There are countless incentives to tell the truth, but perhaps none more important than it will eventually come to light, whether you verbally acknowledge it or not. We can all learn a thing or two from fellow President Clinton’s refusal to admit to a certain a mistake.

As far as the job market goes, there’s no better way to kiss a position goodbye than if you lie on your resume. Even seemingly harmless fibs—like if you claim to be fluent in Spanish but you’re actually just semi-conversational—will likely show themselves sooner than you think.

Commitment
    Franklin D. Roosevelt may have been one of the most dedicated politicians of all time. He was so invested in his beliefs that he didn’t allow anything to get in the way of his career as a political leader—even a crippling illness.

Mr. Roosevelt was diagnosed with polio in 1921 at age 39. Though he was paralyzed from the waist down and had lost the use of his legs, his political career had hardly even begun. Roosevelt continued on to serve as the Governor of New York from 1929-1932, and served a record four terms as President of the United States.

It’s no secret that it’s tough out there for a job seeker. The sheer amount of competition can be daunting. No matter the job market, it’s crucial to stay committed to your goals, while trying to stay positive and level-headed. Amanda Augustine emphasizes that job seekers stay persistent in their pursuit for a position, advising to “harness the power of three: Apply to jobs, engage in recruiter activity, and utilize your social and professional networks”

Charisma
    Despite his scandals and shortcomings, President John F. Kennedy is predominately known for his incredible ability to command a room. In his 1961 inaugural address, he famously kept the audience rapt, saying, “My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.”

Just as it did for JFK, a friendly and pleasant demeanor can soften even the toughest critic. Even if you’re no ‘people person,’ flashing a friendly smile during discussions of your incomparable work ethic couldn’t hurt.

Keeping cool
    Whatever your political party, and whatever your stance on President Barack Obama in the Whitehouse, you have to admit the man can keep his cool in a tense situation.

Notorious for his repartee, he has managed to dish out light-hearted, witty one-liners to cheeky press and pedestrians attempting to shock or catch him off-guard.

Next time you feel the need to lash out at someone in your job search or career —even if you feel justified to do so—try cracking a joke at the situation’s expense instead. It’s a much calmer approach, and everyone in question will react more favorably than if you were to hurl a couple of poorly prepared insults.

Politicians aren’t perfect, but they do know a thing or two about commanding a crowd. They had to impress the American public enough to be chosen for the job. As a job seeker, you may only need to impress an employer or hiring manager (as opposed to the entire American population). However, you are a candidate up for a job against other equally qualified professionals. So, remember: When it boils down to it, a well-planned, complimentary observation of the company culture may make a difference.
    Last edited by parkerbink; 03-05-2018, 08:55 AM.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Pretty sure you are still unsure if it is above or below. :)
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
        Pretty sure you are still unsure if it is above or below. :)

What?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
          What?
          Oups. Should have inserted the quote about your geographic skills positioning North Dakota "close to" South Dakota. The comment disapeared. ;-) I was just kidding. There's nothing serious to say anyway when it comes to Trumpy Bear.
          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

My favorite quote is Wilbur Ross's yesterday.

The President will do what he says unless he does something else.

So true.

Wilbur Ross, the secretary of commerce, also appeared to leave room for the president to change his mind.

“Whatever his final decision is, is what will happen,” Mr. Ross said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “What he has said he has said. If he says something different, it’ll be something different.”

“If he for some reason should change his mind, then it will change,” Mr. Ross added, noting that he had no reason to believe that the president would do so.

Comment

I asked a specific question, and your reply was that I was implying that he is fit for office.

I don't know why I even try.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                I asked a specific question, and your reply was that I was implying that he is fit for office.

Dude I answered with a beginning (of things he lacks) and asked your opinion.

Are you OK?

Comment

How dense are you? He is suggesting I ignore you.

I said I don't want to miss out on your wisdom.

There is blame to go around for all sides, you and yours, however, are WINNING! in the intolerance and bile spewing sweepstakes.
                  that civilian called me a beta. hilarious. i love how he never talks about what he's done in life that makes him so "alpha".
                  past:
                  1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:
                  1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

It seems with parker, anything short of acknowledging complete disdain is equal to supporting Trump.

Are you saying you think he has the traits needed to be an effective President? If so which?
                    Out of anything z31 has posted, would make you think he's supportive of Trump? You're like a BLM member who calls anyone that questions anything they do racist, so quick to try and box someone up negatively. It's painfully obvious you're not looking for a discussion, but an echo-chamber of meme's and ideals in line with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                      It seems with parker, anything short of acknowledging complete disdain is equal to supporting Trump.

Out of anything z31 has posted, would make you think he's supportive of Trump? You're like a BLM member who calls anyone that questions anything they do racist, so quick to try and box someone up negatively. It's painfully obvious you're not looking for a discussion, but an echo-chamber of meme's and ideals in line with yours.
                      :)
                      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                        that civilian called me a beta. hilarious. i love how he never talks about what he's done in life that makes him so "alpha".
                        Hahahaha, I know you will still read this even though I'm "ignored"... just because you were in the military doesn't mean you are automatically an alpha. I have a guy that works for me that was an artillery guy for 12 years. This dude married a mentally challenged woman because he was desperate, went to Thailand to find the woman of his dreams, and has gone on so many first dates it's insane. You talk to him and he stares at the ground, nice guy and does his job but yeah beta as hell.

It's a type of personality, not a list of accomplishments...

Derp

Comment

It's the sjw mentality. You WILL agree with me 100% or you are wrong!!!

It's really an undiagnosed mental issue.

Comment

I never said anything like that. I answered his question and asked mine.

I am fine with the opposition but disdain the lack of responses to why do you like him (if in fact you do) Z31 is a good guy, we get along fine elsewhere, I attribute our head butting here to a mutual lack of understanding. I take 1/2 the responsibility for that.

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                            Hahahaha, I know you will still read this even though I'm "ignored"... just because you were in the military doesn't mean you are automatically an alpha. I have a guy that works for me that was an artillery guy for 12 years. This dude married a mentally challenged woman because he was desperate, went to Thailand to find the woman of his dreams, and has gone on so many first dates it's insane. You talk to him and he stares at the ground, nice guy and does his job but yeah beta as hell.

It's a type of personality, not a list of accomplishments...

Derp
                            You are a gem, keep it up!

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                            It's the sjw mentality. You WILL agree with me 100% or you are wrong!!!

It's really an undiagnosed mental issue.
                            As I said above, I am not demanding agreement. I am asking for responses to reasonable questions that don't include bullshit.

You should have that mental issue checked out, it has to be a detriment to your life.

Comment

Ruh roh

THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
                              Trump lawyer Cohen reportedly complained to associates that Stormy Daniels payment had not been reimbursed

The bank used by President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer to wire $130,000 to a former adult-film actress flagged the transaction as suspicious and reported it to the Treasury Department, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The lawyer, Michael Cohen, wired the money to a lawyer for former actress Stephanie Clifford, known professionally as Stormy Daniels, from an account at First Republic Bank. The money was received on Oct. 27, 2016, 12 days before the presidential election, another person familiar with the matter said. It isn’t clear when First Republic FRC, +0.04% reported it to the government as suspicious.

Cohen said he missed two deadlines earlier that month to make the $130,000 payment to Clifford because he couldn’t reach Trump in the hectic final days of the presidential campaign, the person said.

Clifford was owed the money in return for signing an agreement that bars her from discussing an alleged sexual encounter with Trump in 2006, people familiar the matter said.

After Trump’s victory, Cohen complained to friends that he had yet to be reimbursed for the payment to Clifford, the people said.

Comment

You are a gem, keep it up!
                                i can only see his responses because you quote them.

it's notable that he entirely avoided the question of "why are you an alpha" and instead tried to discredit me.

apparently he's got nothing good to say about himself.
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:
                                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                                X