The Democrat Party self destructs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
    But it took three awfully bad republican figures to change all that. Luther Strange. Roy Moore. Donald Trump.
    You left out Bannon, who is possibly the worst of the bunch.

great to debate you schnitzer. next time pay attention in history class.
    George, I thought you were talking to me LoL. Was confused for a sec as I hadn't been in the thread.
    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
    -----------------------------------------
    91 318is Turbo Sold
    87 325 Daily driver Sold
    06 4.8is X5
    06 Mtec X3
    05 4.4i X5 Sold
    92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
    90 325i Sold
    97 328is Sold
    01 323ci Sold
    92 325i Sold
    83 528e Totaled
    98 328i Sold
    93 325i Sold

Comment

45 got 35 - A historic low. Why are Trump supporters even discussing the future of the Dems with all the problems they have in-house? ;-)

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

more of the Democrats self-destructing prior to 2018

Pelosi and her cohorts are free to mislead and lie about the tax cuts all they wish, but it will be a losing strategy once we get to keep more of our own money. the economy will strengthen, more jobs will be available, and voters will see their paychecks go up.

sounds like a good idea to be 100% opposed as a political party. snatching defeat out of the hands of victory. LOLOL
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Except for those that will need to pay more in taxes because they are cutting out property tax and state income tax deductions above $10k. Oh wait, those are all people in predominantly blue states, punish those people for voting against Trump. Yep, makes sense to me.

Last round of tax cuts led us to huge deficits, and a stock market crash a half decade later, I'm not saying it's going to happen again, but what went so right about the Bush tax cuts that warrants doing it again except larger?

Going further back, Reagan cut taxes and that led to the recession of the early 90s, which ended Bush I's term after one and brought Clinton in. What history here am I missing that says this is going to work this time when it's failed before?

i certainly hope things work out for the better of many people, but I'm into history and if I'm putting my money on anything it's in history woefully repeating itself yet again.

Comment

WTF are you taking about... Your history books are woefully inaccurate with what actually happened in the real world, and how this current deal is going down.

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
            Except for those that will need to pay more in taxes because they are cutting out property tax and state income tax deductions above $10k. Oh wait, those are all people in predominantly blue states, punish those people for voting against Trump. Yep, makes sense to me.
            According to the most recent IRS data, for the 2013 tax year, 30.1 percent of households chose to itemize their deductions (44 million returns). 68.5 percent of households chose to take the standard deduction (101 million returns).Feb 22, 2016. Thought you wanted to punish the richers (by the tone of this post of yours) and make them pay more taxes...... Thats what this does.....

So 68% of the people are making out much better in this deal. 1 minute Google search. Top of the page. Which is the intention of this this cut, help lower and middle income earners keep more of their money

Originally posted by mbonder
            Last round of tax cuts led us to huge deficits, and a stock market crash a half decade later, I'm not saying it's going to happen again, but what went so right about the Bush tax cuts that warrants doing it again except larger?
            Yes the bush cuts caused the Dot.Com bubble to burst didnt it?????

Originally posted by mbonder
            Going further back, Reagan cut taxes and that led to the recession of the early 90s, which ended Bush I's term after one and brought Clinton in. What history here am I missing that says this is going to work this time when it's failed before?
            Your missing perspective and a proper complete time line of events. You have to CUT FUCKING SPENDING too.........

The Regan cuts lead to MASSIVE RECORDS in tax receipts for the feds. (Top rate was 80% in income over 1m,) Tax receipts and spending are two different things, when the tax rates were reduced significantly the income to the feds skyrocketed within a couple years. The thing that brought your recession were the deficits because the only thing growing faster than the income to the feds at the time was the spending by Ronnie and congress.

It was those tax cuts that generated massive growth in gross income to the feds, and the SPENDING CUTS from slick willy that lead to the "glory years" of the Clinton surpluses.......

Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-20-2017, 11:36 PM.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

You aren't even trying anymore. You've literally been repeating yourself for the last decade in contrary to evidence and studies against your position.

You live in a welfare state! 38% of your state revenue is federal funds! $1.24 dollars back from the feds for everything you pay in!

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Not to mention the irony of someone talking about not knowing history, and ignoring the recessions following every one of these corporate welfare tax cuts.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                  Not to mention the irony of someone talking about not knowing history, and ignoring the recessions following every one of these corporate welfare tax cuts.
                  To be fair, the corporate tax rate hasn't significantly changed in 3 decades.

Although, that depends on if you want to talk about statutory or effective.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I'd like sleeve to explain how the much higher corporate tax after WWII and during Vietnam stifled/ruined/destroyed/*insert your favorite pejorative* slowed our economy?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      To be fair, the corporate tax rate hasn't significantly changed in 3 decades.

Although, that depends on if you want to talk about statutory or effective.
                      Just kinda lumping it in with how overall its the largely wealthy getting any real benefit out of this.

I just find it silly garbage like this gets passed, then the people who pass it blame everyone else when it fails.
                      Last edited by Wschnitz; 12-21-2017, 10:49 AM.
                      willschnitz

Comment

correlation is NOT causation, and as is typical of the left, attempting to re-write and interpret history

there is a reason the Reagan years are called the 7 fat years.
                        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                          correlation is not causation, and as is typical of the left, attempting to re-write and interpret history

there is a reason the reagan years are called the 7 fat years.
                          lol
                          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                            I'd like sleeve to explain how the much higher corporate tax after WWII and during Vietnam stifled/ruined/destroyed/*insert your favorite pejorative* slowed our economy?
                            All taxes are regressive. All taxes hamper economic growth. period. end of story.

per Alan Greenspan
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

lol
                              care to expand?
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Just kinda lumping it in with how overall its the largely wealthy getting any real benefit out of this.

I just find it silly garbage like this gets passed, then the people who pass it blame everyone else when it fails.
                                this is a false statement schnits. you sound a lot like Pelosi.
                                maybe the blue states like CA and NY will have a tax revolution over spending now, like CA did in the 70's over property taxes with prop 13.
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X