Let’s talk about Antifa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    How do you know the anonymous tip came from someone involved in your circus?
    i didn't say that. i said the community's response to the murder, which was multi-pronged, was ultimately how the guy got found.

those of us who are okay with committing to direct action did so. those who were willing to just keep eyes out as they went about their day did so. ultimately, it was the latter group that caught the guy.

as you said, that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with saying neo-nazis shouldn't come around such an event.

And yes, you've conveniently glossed over many posts here from various users asking you questions, and the ones you have responded to have been answered with questions.
    yeah, well, sometimes this shit gets tiring and i miss stuff. that happens when you also have to think about logistics for actual real-life events. nobody's paying me to advocate for or participate in anti-fascism and anarchism, and i still have an actual job, and a girlfriend, and hobbies. forgive me if answering every demand on r3v isn't my first priority.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      Wait you're the constitution lover, yes?

Why is it stupid to exercise the rights enumerated to you?
      Just like those people that dont like firearms should be about the 2A; right???

Or those of us that would never chose to terminate a normal health pregnancy our selves and believe its wrong, but have to support those that do make that choice.

Just because an enumerated right and you support peoples rights to those things, does not mean you have personally approve of those choices.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
        i didn't say that. i said the community's response to the murder, which was multi-pronged, was ultimately how the guy got found.

those of us who are okay with committing to direct action did so. those who were willing to just keep eyes out as they went about their day did so. ultimately, it was the latter group that caught the guy.

as you said, that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with saying neo-nazis shouldn't come around such an event.
        So you have no actual way to prove that you guys protesting did absolutely anything other than draw resources from the police. It also completely ignores the "24 hour manhunt" that actually led to him being caught, which, if I had to guess, was conducted by LEO's and precisely 0 members of Antifa or other protesters.

And no, I said it's OK to counter-protest Neo Nazis, not prevent them from protesting in the first place.

yeah, well, sometimes this shit gets tiring and i miss stuff. that happens when you also have to think about logistics for actual real-life events. nobody's paying me to advocate for or participate in anti-fascism and anarchism, and i still have an actual job, and a girlfriend, and hobbies. forgive me if answering every demand on r3v isn't my first priority.
        Yes, it does get tiring, so if I get involved in a debate that I'm even remotely passionate about, I hold my response until I have time to address those speaking with me. I also work 45hrs a week, on 3rd shift at my job, and an additional 15-20 during the day at my part time job, with a girlfriend, hobbies, and other commitments. For the most part we're all adults here, if you don't want to answer other's questions because you don't have an actual answer for it, don't, but don't make up excuses for not defending your argument.
        Last edited by Ryan...; 07-28-2018, 04:37 PM.
        2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

So you have no actual way to prove that you guys protesting did absolutely anything other than draw resources from the police. It also completely ignores the "24 hour manhunt" that actually led to him being caught, which, if I had to guess, was conducted by LEO's and precisely 0 members of Antifa or other protesters.
          you're either conveniently forgetting or intentionally ignoring the "anonymous tip" part.

that spot was done by a civilian who cared enough to remember what the dude's face looked like.

so no, LEO don't get all the credit. that word i keep using, "community", deserves at least half.

great, some cop responded for a call and found the guy. thanks for doing the job we pay you to do.

And no, I said it's OK to counter-protest Neo Nazis, not prevent them from protesting in the first place.
          well then we have figured out our main difference of opinion.

i'm perfectly fine with using what knowledge i've learned in life to deny nazis a voice, and i won't apologize for it. here is why:

my grandfather fought nazis in wwii. if he were still around, and saw me sitting on the couch while they resurged, he'd have strong questions about why the fuck i wasn't doing anything about it.

For the most part we're all adults here, if you don't want to answer other's questions because you don't have an actual answer for it, don't, but don't make up excuses for not defending your argument.
          oh fuck off, that was an explanation, not a made-up excuse. you sure have a lot of time to spend on r3v for everything you're supposedly doing- why don't i call you a liar too?
          past:
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:

Comment

you're either conveniently forgetting or intentionally ignoring the "anonymous tip" part.

that spot was done by a civilian who cared enough to remember what the dude's face looked like.

so no, LEO don't get all the credit. that word i keep using, "community", deserves at least half.

great, some cop responded for a call and found the guy. thanks for doing the job we pay you to do.

i'm perfectly fine with using what knowledge i've learned in life to deny nazis a voice, and i won't apologize for it. here is why:

my grandfather fought nazis in wwii. if he were still around, and saw me sitting on the couch while they resurged, he'd have strong questions about why the fuck i wasn't doing anything about it.

oh fuck off, that was an explanation, not a made-up excuse. you sure have a lot of time to spend on r3v for everything you're supposedly doing- why don't i call you a liar too?
            Oh God, do you honestly think there are more nazi's than there was a few years ago? I mean seriously? If your grandpa were still here you know what he'd say? I havent seen a nazi since my last day of the war. I had family that was German military, US military and thrown in gas chambers during the war. What side am I supposed to take?

Also not everyone in Germany was a nazi, that's kinda like calling everyone in this country a democrat....
            Last edited by Mediumrarechicken; 07-29-2018, 05:51 AM.

Comment

If we both understand that the tip came from an anonymous source, why does it feel like you've been trying to claim that you and the other protesters had anything at all to do with the tip, and catching the guy? I'm lost somewhere around there. Surely his picture was on the news, no?

And interesting you want to facetiously thank a single officer for "doing his job" that he's paid to do, again ignoring the 24 hour manhunt part, and the officer from what I can find hasn't gone anywhere asking for thanks. Yet here you are, at a desk or on a mobile phone, trying to tell strangers about how you, an esteemed and loved member of your community, led to the capture of this animal by virtue of grassroots movement and...something?

Too bad your grandfather isn't here, I'm curious what he would think about the suppression of a group's right to free speech and free assembly, especially given the fact that Neo Nazis are 1) all but irrelevant and 2) an excruciatingly small amount of people with no actionable ability to bring about a resurgence of Nazi Germany. And, you know, military members are typically proud of the fact that they're defending our country and all of her freedoms, including that pesky 1st Amendment....

Call me a liar, I don't really care. I'm saying you can find time to log in, you can probably find time to answer the more "difficult" questions posed to you by members here instead of latching onto single points in every 3rd/4th post.

Comment

Your grandfather, like mine who also fought against them, would ask why you're trivializing the actions of the Nazi's in the Holocaust by giving a group like the Proud Boys the same title.

If you're not stacking up piles of withered away Jewish men, women and children mid-genocide, you're not a Nazi.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                  Your grandfather, like mine who also fought against them, would ask why you're trivializing the actions of the Nazi's in the Holocaust by giving a group like the Proud Boys the same title.

If you're not stacking up piles of withered away Jewish men, women and children mid-genocide, you're not a Nazi.
                  You're confused. In 2018, if anyone disagrees with you on anything involving politics, race, statistics, gender equality, or crime, you're a Nazi.

If you challenge anyone to defend their opinions on the aforementioned topics, you're quite literally Hitler reincarnated.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post

I remember a story read to me when I was a wee lad, the boy who cried wolf

Comment

You're confused. In 2018, if anyone disagrees with you on anything involving politics, race, statistics, gender equality, or crime, you're a Nazi.

If you challenge anyone to defend their opinions on the aforementioned topics, you're quite literally Hitler reincarnated.
                      beat that straw man! fucker had it coming.
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

beat that straw man! fucker had it coming.
                        You don't see the word "Nazi" thrown around quite a bit lately, huh?

I expected no less from you, honestly. Your view of the world is consistent with your perception of how others view you and your comrades; disjointed from reality.

Comment

You don't see the word "Nazi" thrown around quite a bit lately, huh?

I expected no less from you, honestly. Your view of the world is consistent with your perception of how others view you and your comrades; disjointed from reality.
                          only when referring to actual white supremacists.

There was a lot of concern police would neglect this murder
                          One of the key concerns here is that killers of black people are often treated differently — meaning, more leniently — than killers of white people. This was at the front of protesters’ minds as they called for justice, due to a real worry that the killer here would not be caught without more public attention going to the incident.

The statistics bear out the concern.
                          Wesley Lowery, Kimbriell Kelly, and Steven Rich recently reported for the Washington Post, based on an analysis of killings over the past decade in 52 of the US’s largest cities: “Black victims, who accounted for the majority of homicides, were the least likely of any racial group to have their killings result in an arrest, The Post found. While police arrested someone in 63 percent of the killings of white victims, they did so in just 47 percent of those with black victims.”
                          oh hey look, it's that fucked-up world view i've been espousing all along.

you wanted to know why people didn't trust LEOs to do their job? there ya go, champ.
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

only when referring to actual white supremacists.

oh hey look, it's that fucked-up world view i've been espousing all along.

you wanted to know why people didn't trust LEOs to do their job? there ya go, champ.
                            Hmmm are black people in the hood where blacks are killed in a much high percentage less likely to say anything to the cops? Kinda hard to find a murderer when all you have is brass from a stolen gun and nobody to say anything.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                              Hmmm are black people in the hood where blacks are killed in a much high percentage less likely to say anything to the cops? Kinda hard to find a murderer when all you have is brass from a stolen gun and nobody to say anything.....
                              read the fucking thread, idiot. the guy was caught *because someone said something*.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

read the fucking thread, idiot. the guy was caught *because someone said something*.
                                Hey tinkerbell, I know it hard to understand but I was responding to what you quoted in your comment I quoted you on... hence why I quoted it. Why do you have anger issues and.so much hate in your heart?

Oh wait. I'm a nazi....

Comment

Working...
                                X