Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a high School incident be relevant 35 years later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coldweatherblue
    replied
    Excellent example of new American liberalism on display in the last few pages..

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
    I don't believe his life has been ruined... not at all. His kids go to a $10,000/yr private school, he has a 1+ million dollar house, and is a member of the Chevy Chase Club. He hardly has it rough. Anyone who was worried about being a public figure should not have gone into politics. Unfortunately, that includes the families of public figures. You think Obama's daughter's haven't had to endure horrible things being said about them or their father? And don't read that as me being a Democrat, Obama supporter, or anything else... just that this is nothing new for the families of politicians. Especially on the highest levels of politics.

I agree with you totally on the backwards burden of proof that existed through the whole thing. I guess I'm just not voicing it as forcefully as you are so it doesn't seem that way? But I am... it was completely flipped around from innocent until proven guilty. I said in multiple posts that evidence was non-existent. Also said that this was a stall tactic, and that Ford's experiences were being used to a political end. The Republicans would do the same thing if they had to. Does that make it right? Of course not. It's disgusting. We voted all these fuckers into office... and allowed all the mechanisms of this to be put into place. Now we have to deal with these sorts of things in our political news.
    I don't think his life is literally ruined, but in a job where reputation is more important than just about anything else, this is a massive issue for him. I'm more concerned for his family, who now needs to live knowing that people are calling for the execution of their father over a political disagreement and a political stunt/witch hunt.

I think we're on the same page reference the second part. Easy for words to be misread/misunderstood via text :D

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by decay View Post
    yeah, if i could speak my mind without being called an idiot, that'd be great

wow, what a totally american value set you have, you fucking piece of shit
    yes, of course that’s what I meant, numbskull
    you’re probably too dumb to get that joke, but it’s okay. enjoy your lollipop
    1. don't call me an idiot, you fucking pig
    reading comprehension fail, fucktard.
    antifa has existed since ww2, dumbfuck. it predates either of us.

:giggle:

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    :loco:

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    I guess you missed the one where the trashcan killers had traffic bound up and started to assulat a car with old people in it that got scared and mashed a few of them and crashed
    No, I saw that. The elderly gentleman admitted to shooting them the finger. While not an overly aggressive thing to do, and certainly falls within the realm of free speech (if you ask me), was probably not his best decision that day. I still think the Antifa actions were stupid and illegal, but it would have been much easier to see that had the guy not antagonized the crazies.

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    You don't think his life has been ruined? I'm sure it feels ruined to him and his family... That's what pisses off rational people; this was a modern day witch hunt with precisely 0 evidence to support the accuser's claims. 0 evidence. Hell, even the circumstantial hearsay brought forward to support her claims was sketchy and hardly convincing. I'm curious, do her allegations of what happened even fit within that State's statute of limitations?

The timing was not random, everything was done to manipulate a political event, at the expense of a man's family and social reputation, with a distinct possibility of physical harm from the rabid left calling for his death and the harassment of his family.

And lastly, something that was apparently forgotten by many during the Kavanaugh ordeal; you need evidence to prosecute people. Where no physical evidence exists, you better have an ironclad way to prove events happened to reach the required burden of proof, witnesses, or an admission of guilt.
    I don't believe his life has been ruined... not at all. His kids go to a $10,000/yr private school, he has a 1+ million dollar house, and is a member of the Chevy Chase Club. He hardly has it rough. Anyone who was worried about being a public figure should not have gone into politics. Unfortunately, that includes the families of public figures. You think Obama's daughter's haven't had to endure horrible things being said about them or their father? And don't read that as me being a Democrat, Obama supporter, or anything else... just that this is nothing new for the families of politicians. Especially on the highest levels of politics.

I agree with you totally on the backwards burden of proof that existed through the whole thing. I guess I'm just not voicing it as forcefully as you are so it doesn't seem that way? But I am... it was completely flipped around from innocent until proven guilty. I said in multiple posts that evidence was non-existent. Also said that this was a stall tactic, and that Ford's experiences were being used to a political end. The Republicans would do the same thing if they had to. Does that make it right? Of course not. It's disgusting. We voted all these fuckers into office... and allowed all the mechanisms of this to be put into place. Now we have to deal with these sorts of things in our political news.

Leave a comment:

• cale
    replied
    Looks like antifa is about as good at making music as they are at fighting.

Leave a comment:

• mbonder
    replied
    I went back the last couple of pages and there wasn't anyone here that called you an idiot, however you have used some expletives (Five posts up) directed at a few posters in this thread.

If you choose that type of language you need to be able to hear that type of thing coming back at you. Fair is fair.

I don't personally attack people like that, but it would seem that you can't act injured by the same arrows that you're throwing at others.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied

Stfu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    I realize there are subjects being discussed in this thread which have passionate people on both sides of the issues. But when posts are being reported for rules violations, I have to come in and remind everyone that blatant name calling will not be tolerated.

Clean it up.

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    i'm going to do that thing you like to do where you put words in someone else's mouth

so you're saying might makes right

also, this

https://www.facebook.com/Antifascist...3530321888424/
    Wow, that time when asking someone a question = "putting words in their mouth."

I never said "might makes right." Please show me where I did. That was you putting words in my mouth.

It seems hard for you to say even a few sentences without contradicting yourself.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    How many more videos do you want to see of Antifa getting pounded by the Proud Boys, Prayer Patriots, and generally guys that don't need masks and bear spray to start a fight?

There's like 3 just from this past weekend.
    i'm going to do that thing you like to do where you put words in someone else's mouth

so you're saying might makes right

also, this

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by mbonder View Post

You haven't mentioned how long you allowed the police to investigate your friend's claim against the FedEx driver before you took action. My bet would be that it wasn't long enough for them to actually take up the case and investigate. I'm not saying that sexual harassment isn't an important matter, but other crimes such as murder, gang crime, etc, pose a more imminent threat to the community (especially because it appears as though your friend wasn't further threatened, and thus not in imminent danger) and would probably be investigated first (Ryan can chime in here, I think he already made allusions to this).
    He uses vague terms to describe the sequence and timeline, then responds with name calling when asked for details.

Sounds like an unwanted sexual advance via phone, and some sort of physical contact, which could range from a shoulder touch to full blown genital penetration. Given the scant details and the fact he implied the police weren't too concerned, I'm going to guess the physical contact was closer to the first part of the scale (non-dangerous, but unwanted contact such as a shoulder touch/hand/butt grabbing). None of those are violent crimes, the friend wasn't in immediate physical danger, so this case likely wouldn't warrant pulling detectives off other cases, or even officers off patrol/calls. Depending on how long he gave the cops, it may have even been in a queue, which in larger cities can be anywhere from 50-200 calls pending service, answered nearly in order with higher priority calls moving closer to the top of the pile (shootings, active fights, stolen vehicles, drunk drivers, missing persons, etc).

Everyone thinks THEIR case is the most important and deserves to be put on the top of the pile, but that's not how things work.

But this thread has managed to go waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy off topic. I guess Kavanaugh's life hasn't been ruined after all? Yet anyway. But without any evidence I'm not sure how it could be. He'll have to deal with public outcry through mail, social media, etc. but he was most likely going to have to deal with that anyway due to his political positions.

So what was the last month for? Probably a failed effort to hold up the vote until after the election. Sad state of politics we have now... :(
    You don't think his life has been ruined? I'm sure it feels ruined to him and his family... That's what pisses off rational people; this was a modern day witch hunt with precisely 0 evidence to support the accuser's claims. 0 evidence. Hell, even the circumstantial hearsay brought forward to support her claims was sketchy and hardly convincing. I'm curious, do her allegations of what happened even fit within that State's statute of limitations?

The timing was not random, everything was done to manipulate a political event, at the expense of a man's family and social reputation, with a distinct possibility of physical harm from the rabid left calling for his death and the harassment of his family.

Of note for sexual assault allegations: since the #MeToo movement we've had a ton of people come forward to report sexual assaults, which is fantastic. These things need to be reported not only for the victim's sake, but to prevent more victims.

HOWEVER. We also have a lot of people coming forward to report things the internet tells them are crimes (a male flirting in a bar in 2005, touched her hand, asked for a number, was rejected, and left), but simply aren't. Those people become angry and tell their friends how the police didn't do anything for them. Or they want to report something that WOULD have been a crime if reported 7-10 years earlier, but have since fallen outside the statute of limitations for 4th degree sexual assault (touching genitals/breasts over the clothes, etc). Or, they try to report it in the wrong county/jurisdiction and get upset that we can't help them with a case that's years old and occurred 50+ miles away.

And lastly, something that was apparently forgotten by many during the Kavanaugh ordeal; you need evidence to prosecute people. Where no physical evidence exists, you better have an ironclad way to prove events happened to reach the required burden of proof, witnesses, or an admission of guilt.
    Last edited by Ryan...; 10-16-2018, 10:33 AM. Reason: mumbled a whole lotta words

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    They all looked like assholes. Both sides looked like they had no regard for the general public just going about their business. Looked as if they were there to provoke each other and actually start a confrontation rather than state their views in a public fashion.

But this thread has managed to go waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy off topic. I guess Kavanaugh's life hasn't been ruined after all? Yet anyway. But without any evidence I'm not sure how it could be. He'll have to deal with public outcry through mail, social media, etc. but he was most likely going to have to deal with that anyway due to his political positions.

So what was the last month for? Probably a failed effort to hold up the vote until after the election. Sad state of politics we have now... :(
    I guess you missed the one where the trashcan killers had traffic bound up and started to assulat a car with old people in it that got scared and mashed a few of them and crashed

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by mbonder View Post
    Should it matter what the intent is for? You've still admitted to using a tactic that was meant to harm another person, regardless of whether it is for political aims or not. You've literally admitted to attempting to limit another person's pursuit of life and liberty.

So it's ok for you to harm this guy because he harmed your friend? Once again, you're literally justifying your actions by going back to 2100BC and Hammurabi's Code "An eye for an eye" justice system to justify your actions. The problem that many people here have with your antifa and similar movements is that they justify all of their actions based on this ancient code of conduct, rather than a modern view of solving disputes, where people use the court system to rectify claims of injury rather than striking out for vigilante justice.

You haven't mentioned how long you allowed the police to investigate your friend's claim against the FedEx driver before you took action. My bet would be that it wasn't long enough for them to actually take up the case and investigate. I'm not saying that sexual harassment isn't an important matter, but other crimes such as murder, gang crime, etc, pose a more imminent threat to the community (especially because it appears as though your friend wasn't further threatened, and thus not in imminent danger) and would probably be investigated first (Ryan can chime in here, I think he already made allusions to this).

I just don't see how you can justify two wrongs making a right...First graders know this to be false.
    The problem is they want the courts to rewrite the Constitution, instead of the legislature through the Amendment process.

They are hoping for activist judges to do it for them, since the vast majority of people don't share their fringe views.

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Look at the bullshit in PDX the last couple weeks caused by the trashcan killers.....
    They all looked like assholes. Both sides looked like they had no regard for the general public just going about their business. Looked as if they were there to provoke each other and actually start a confrontation rather than state their views in a public fashion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X