Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a high School incident be relevant 35 years later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by mbonder View Post
    Opsec is Operational Security
    fixed...

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Fuck your unanimous Supreme Court ruling. I got lawyers.com on my side bro!!

Leave a comment:

• mbonder
    replied
    You're all acting unintelligent because your grammar isn't being used correctly.

All types of speech are allowed under the protections of the First Amendment except those that could/would injure another person or people.

Examples:

Going to a march in favor of the Third Reich and saluting with the common rejoinder "Heil Hitler", although offensive to many people, doesn't injure the offended in any way and is therefore protected by the First Amendment.

Screaming "Fire!" in packed theatre potentially puts peoples' lives at risk because of the ensuing chaos created as people try to gtfo of the theatre. This puts peoples' lives at risk and is not protected by the First Amendment.

Now stop the babbling over this inanity. Opsec is Operational Secrecy, I'm fairly certain everyone in this thread knew that already and why Decay was claiming it. I'm personally not cool with any activities that destroy personal property or injures other people. Antifa may justify such actions by saying that they were injured first by laws they don't like, or an economy that doesn't benefit them, or whatever the reasoning is at the time, but I'm not really one to support "an eye for an eye" justice in any sense.

I'm also not "cool" enough to be on the inside, so take that as you will

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    Have you not taken your medication? There is no hate speech exception in the First Amendment, period. So I'm not sure what your incoherent babbling is about.

I like that your back to blaming the news for reporting information, until you need it to back up the BS you spew constantly.

I honestly can't tell if you're a troll, or just painfully, willfully ignorant.
    ...i'm not blaming the news for anything, i'm saying it's better to go to the source and read for yourself. or we could hear what lawyers have to say. you know, those people whose job it is to interpret and argue on the law's behalf?

There’s no exception for hate speech under the First Amendment’s protection for freedom of expression, unless the speech is direct, personal, and either threatening or violently provocative. But laws against hate crimes don't violate the First Amendment.

There’s no exception for hate speech under the First Amendment’s protection for freedom of expression, unless the speech is direct, personal, and either truly threatening or violently provocative.
    everything following "unless" *is the exception*. get it now? here's a lollipop, suck on it for a while and let your brain, rather than your mouth, be in charge.

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by decay View Post
    yes i am, and i've given a link in the past to the supreme court ruling that says so. an actual link to the document, not a news article like z31 is trying to use to prove my "insanity". i guess it's insane to quote the *source*, rather than someone reporting on it?

you reading that document and choosing to stick your head back up your ass doesn't make your assertions true.
    Have you not taken your medication? There is no hate speech exception in the First Amendment, period. So I'm not sure what your incoherent babbling is about.

I like that your back to blaming the news for reporting information, until you need it to back up the BS you spew constantly.

I honestly can't tell if you're a troll, or just painfully, willfully ignorant.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Maybe your opspec on this is from the Vancouver BC or Toronto divisions
    it's "opsec", and you've demonstrated you don't know what that means. no wonder it was so easy to fuck up the program out at Standing Rock. :)

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    I quoted Alito from matal vs tam.... a decision from LAST YEAR. That was unanimous including the ultra leftie Sotomayor and Kagan......

Trust me your antifa, comrades that told you "hate speech" is in violation of the US 1ST AMENDMENT are sorely mistaken.... Maybe your opspec on this is from the Vancouver BC or Toronto divisions

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Ummm. Your not serious are you?
    yes i am, and i've given a link in the past to the supreme court ruling that says so. an actual link to the document, not a news article like z31 is trying to use to prove my "insanity". i guess it's insane to quote the *source*, rather than someone reporting on it?

you reading that document and choosing to stick your head back up your ass doesn't make your assertions true.

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    I find it sad and amusing that decay is so insane. I went ahead and grabbed the link you for you, since it's painfully apparent you're incapable of having an informed opinion on basically anything.

Leave a comment:

• cale
    replied
    Damn, for a second I thought Decay was going to put those painted nails to work and type out some hot secrets from Antifa's agenda. Gj keeping opsec tight though soldier.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied

and if you think hate speech is first-amendment protected, you need remedial education on the laws you're being paid to enforce.

typical.

Ummm. Your not serious are you?

First of all just becuase it offends you or you dissagree with it does not make it hate speech... nor does it give you the rights to kill trash cans and scare old people by mobbing their cars and beating on them while blocking traffic.

Secondly.... I shall point you to Matal vs tam. SCOTUS 2017. With 8 justices in unanimous opinion minus Gorsuch who was not confirmed yet.
    Originally posted by justice Alito in Slants case
    [The idea that the government may restrict] speech expressing ideas that offend … strikes at the heart of the First Amendment. Speech that demeans on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, disability, or any other similar ground is hateful; but the proudest boast of our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express “the thought that we hate.”

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    1. well it's already clear by now you don't have a problem with being wrong.

2. yes i *have*, if you'd bother reading. by the time they responded i already had better intel. there's your order of events.

3. sigh. are there remedial reading courses for police?

already told you i did nothing illegal to identify the person in question.

4. need-to-know basis and you don't.

5. and if you think hate speech is first-amendment protected, you need remedial education on the laws you're being paid to enforce.

typical.

i can't even bother anymore.
    1. You're right, I would like to take this moment publicly acknowledge that you in fact enjoy wearing cargo pants so you can carry more things. It was very rude of me to say that and I'm very sorry for saying such hurtful things.

2. You never clarified if your friend had contacted the police BEFORE or AFTER contacting you. So you found the info before the police, congratulations. As I said, I don't know the situation surrounding your friend's case, but unless it was a very serious case they aren't necessarily going to pull officers off the street or away from other calls to immediately go sit at a desk to search for a suspect's information.

3. Correct.... You did nothing illegal, I got that. I pointed out that the police can ALSO do things without breaking laws. If you're at liberty to discuss this, why did you feel the need to tell your friend to tell the police "not to worry about" how you obtained the information?

5. I believe the Supreme Court has said otherwise. Then again what do they know? They're probably not in the need-to-know basis that Antifas are, and as we all know now they're the leading experts in not only Nazis and traffic control, but also defining hate speech and determining the legality of such things.
    Last edited by Ryan...; 10-15-2018, 02:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    RE skinny jeans; I'll never stop.
    well it's already clear by now you don't have a problem with being wrong.

Did your friend go to the police first? I'm still not sure on the sequence here and you haven't mentioned that.
    yes i *have*, if you'd bother reading. by the time they responded i already had better intel. there's your order of events.

if it takes more than a simple records check against a phone number that gets pushed up the ladder.
    that literally is all it took. 5 minutes later she had it. so i ask *again*: why were local police concerned that someone can use publicly available data better than they can? you've continued your usual pattern of regurgitating what you hear on fox news and alex jones' podcast, but still haven't answered that.

You know, those pesky things restraining law enforcement and law abiding citizens alike?
    sigh. are there remedial reading courses for cops? i mean fuck. you guys are supposed to be able to remember shit and write reports about it and you, specifically YOU, can't manage to not contradict yourself between one post and the next, or pick up anything i'm putting down.

like what the fuck.

does the pig farm pay more and that's why they can't find a decent candidate for your job?

anyway, already told you i did nothing illegal to identify the person in question.

I'm open to learn! Other than blocking highways, destroying property (#FuckTrashCans and #StarbucksWindows), violating people's right to free speech, and advocating punching anyone who disagrees with them (Nazis, amirite??), what exactly does Antifa have to offer?
    need-to-know basis and you don't. it's called opsec, junior, maybe if you ever make rank and have access to things that shouldn't be disseminated they'll teach you about it.

and if you think hate speech is first-amendment protected, you need remedial education on the laws you're being paid to enforce.

typical.

i can't even bother anymore.
    Last edited by decay; 10-15-2018, 01:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...fficer-n916716

trial happened just a week ago. i bet that bitch has a fun time in the hoosegow. at least we finally got one of these assholes held accountable.
    Cool. I didn't think that was a very good shooting in 2014, still don't today. As stated in the other awesome thread, show me a bad shooting and I'll stand in your corner any day of the week and call for justice.

I forgot though, if it doesn't make national news it doesn't exist to you apparently. I mean, I love that I'm not ever held accountable for any amount of use of force, nor are any of the other tens of thousands of patrol officers every day of the year

you keep mentioning skinny jeans. i wear loose cargo pants, for comfort and utility. skinny jeans are too tight, i can't carry my wallet/smokes/phone/keys in them comfortably, and i don't care for how they look. so can we drop that?

the information i accessed was publicly available, you just have to know how to find it. i didn't break any laws acquiring it, so if you're sure they had access to that data, then i was just less lazy than OPD.
    RE skinny jeans; I'll never stop.
    Did your friend go to the police first? I'm still not sure on the sequence here and you haven't mentioned that. If your friend was truly victimized, knew the person was employed by FedEx, and had a phone number, then they could most certainly solve that little riddle without violating any laws. You know, those pesky things restraining law enforcement and law abiding citizens alike?

go ahead and keep thinking that's all we do because it's what fox news fed you. i'd prefer the rest of our activities stay off the media's, and your, radar anyhow. but if officers at your level have trouble with a reverse phone lookup, and the FBI can't crack an iPhone, our security posture is good for the moment.
    I'm open to learn! Other than blocking highways, destroying property (#FuckTrashCans and #StarbucksWindows), violating people's right to free speech, and advocating punching anyone who disagrees with them (Nazis, amirite??), what exactly does Antifa have to offer?

Officers "at my level" have limited tools at our disposal, down to barely functioning computers (gotta give firefighters the good stuff, they're the real heroes here), so if it takes more than a simple records check against a phone number that gets pushed up the ladder. That takes time. Instant gratification isn't the name of the game here and your friend's case isn't the most pressing thing on their plate I'm guessing, given that they're still alive and not bleeding to death at the time of the call.

antifa has existed since ww2, dumbfuck. it predates either of us.

what you should have done is gone army or marine. better training, and there's that whole thing where you get held accountable for your actions much more consistently. helps build a good moral framework.
    But those guys were against like, actual Nazis that wanted to kill Jews, right? As far as I can tell, anyone who disagrees with the far left is now a Nazi, hardly the same thing we fought against in WWII. To even say that "antifa" today is the same as people actually fighting real fascism over 50 years ago is laughable.

Army or marine... you mean where all the farm boys went because they didn't want to work on the farms or were too dumb to get into college?

That's mostly a joke, I have absolutely nothing against the armed forces and have many friends and family that served in the Marines, Army, and Navy. Thankfully, despite my lack of military background, my moral framework was crafted by two parents raising 6 kids in the middle of nowhere, poor as fuck, where all but one in my family are now college educated and in social work or criminal justice.

I still have the belt mark on my ass where I was "held accountable" as a child. Now as an adult I don't break other people's property, or wear a mask when violating people's right to assemble and speak

Regardless of how all of this works out, you and I will likely never agree. We have fundamentally different beliefs on how adults should act. You'll always think of me as a redneck pig from the midwest, and I'll picture you as a skinny jean, mask wearing adult child that breaks shit and stands in roadways while crying about saving America from the Nazis.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    Ah yes, that all too often problem of cops turning off body cams and executing problem, a big epidemic within the law enforcement community :rofl:

trial happened just a week ago. i bet that bitch has a fun time in the hoosegow. at least we finally got one of these assholes held accountable.

They weren't, they probably don't like some skinny jean wearing moron "doxxing" people and taking shit into their own hands, potentially breaking laws and such, you know?
    you keep mentioning skinny jeans. i wear loose cargo pants, for comfort and utility. skinny jeans are too tight, i can't carry my wallet/smokes/phone/keys in them comfortably, and i don't care for how they look. so can we drop that?

the information i accessed was publicly available, you just have to know how to find it. i didn't break any laws acquiring it, so if you're sure they had access to that data, then i was just less lazy than OPD.

I sure wish us fly over states were as technologically advanced as you guys, maybe then we could also tip over trash cans and set up meetings online to block roads with a bunch of social justice warriors!
    go ahead and keep thinking that's all we do because it's what fox news fed you. i'd prefer the rest of our activities stay off the media's, and your, radar anyhow. but if officers at your level have trouble with a reverse phone lookup, and the FBI can't crack an iPhone, our security posture is good for the moment.

If ya'll still exist in 25 years, maybe when I retire I'll join Antifa, get a little experience with such an elite unit before I hang up my world saving cape.
    antifa has existed since ww2, dumbfuck. it predates either of us.

what you should have done is gone army or marine. better training, and there's that whole thing where you get held accountable for your actions much more consistently. helps build a good moral framework.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X