Sanders or Biden? Where Do You Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanders or Biden? Where Do You Stand

The Democratic Primary has come down to Joe Biden (Establishment/Moderate Candidate) versus Bernie Sanders (Anti-Establishment/Liberal/Progressive Candidate)

So which would you choose?

Even if you are planning on voting for Trump, if you were just voting in the Democratic Nominating Convention, which candidate would you choose?
    Joe Biden
    19.35%
    Bernie Sanders
    54.84%
    Throw Away Libertarian Vote/Not Voting Cause Millenial
    25.81%

Rob.

Comment

Rob

It's been interesting watching on Facebook the opinions of friends. I'm 38 so most of friends are around that age as well. Last year I knew many, many people that were in favor of Bernie. As his tax plan was released poised to more than double Federal spending over the next 10 years, there was a very marked divide in my friends support. I don't claim that this represents the country, a region, merely my friends. Most of whom have a minimum of a Bachelors and good living.

1. "Successful friends" - "I'm leaning toward Biden or Bloomberg. Bernie is just too fiscally irresponsible."
      2. "Unsuccessful friends" - "Love and hope and dreams! Bernie is the answer! He's going to fix everything because he's against the establishment."

At this point, I guess I think I'd prefer Joementia, I think he will be much easier to beat in the election I think.

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Biden, because I'm pretty sure Trump will win that ballot over a bernie ballot. he he he

I thought the opposite at first, but now.. different story.

Z31, I'm 28 and have a group of friends that probably gets down to 23, and i'd say 95% of them are Bernie supporters. Most have college degrees too.

Bernie is really getting traction with younger people, people you have probably never voted in a presidential election before, which is why I think he is going to have the best chance against trump.

Most of my friends are in debt for their degrees, so I can see the appeal lol. Bernie is going for that low hanging fruit! BOOM ROASTED

But, to answer the question... If I had a gun to my head, I would also vote for the more moderate JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEE BIDENNNNNNNNNN
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Bernie is like the Green party in Canada. The only people who give them any consideration are the young and indebted with nothing to lose, and the old and wealthy who have a lot of room for loss. The ones picketing next to the young folk in their wool jackets and hand knit hats, but chose to park their E class or Tesla a few blocks away.No sensible middle class worker who is looking at a further few decades of grinding would give them much more than a momentary glance.

Comment

Not voting. That shit is a waste of time. All of the candidates that actually have a chance of winning are idiots, as are their voters

- a 24 y.o. Millennial
            1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
            1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post
              Not voting. That shit is a waste of time. All of the candidates that actually have a chance of winning are idiots, as are their voters

- a 24 y.o. Millennial
              Takes one to know one. Hope you actually vote in the general.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                Bernie is like the Green party in Canada. The only people who give them any consideration are the young and indebted with nothing to lose, and the old and wealthy who have a lot of room for loss. The ones picketing next to the young folk in their wool jackets and hand knit hats, but chose to park their E class or Tesla a few blocks away.No sensible middle class worker who is looking at a further few decades of grinding would give them much more than a momentary glance.
                You definitely don’t speak for me or the loads of real breathing hard working decent American people I know behind Bernie Sanders; your curt synopsis doesn’t fit even 1 of them.

1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

30 years old, bachelors degree, paid off by myself. I am a white guy that would never have been considered poor (or rich) at any point in my life. I was a Mayor Pete guy, but since he dropped out I'll be voting for Bernie. I don't think he is the best person to run the country, and there are things I don't like about him, but I like him worlds more than Biden or Trump. I'm not excited about paying more in taxes, but I think the things he'll be spending it on are needed to make this a better country.

It's easy enough to say "I already have good healthcare" or "I paid off my student loans by myself why should we let other people get the same thing for free", but I'm not everyone, and there are people that don't have the luxuries that I've had, and I'm fine paying more in taxes to have a system in place that will help those people. The government was created for the betterment of the community after all.

Byron
                  Leichtbau

Comment

I'd be willing to pay more in taxes too, if governments actually had good track records for spending efficiently. Student loans for an example are a horrible managed system, they essentially guarantee income for universities and fuel rising tuition costs. If you owned a business would you not take advantage of such a generous system? They're going to suck that teat dry so long as kids who aren't even old enough to drink are told they're allowed to incur hundreds of thousands in debt.

But sure, throw a few more logs in the fire to be frivolously burnt.

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                      30 years old, bachelors degree, paid off by myself. I am a white guy that would never have been considered poor (or rich) at any point in my life. I was a Mayor Pete guy, but since he dropped out I'll be voting for Bernie. I don't think he is the best person to run the country, and there are things I don't like about him, but I like him worlds more than Biden or Trump. I'm not excited about paying more in taxes, but I think the things he'll be spending it on are needed to make this a better country.

It's easy enough to say "I already have good healthcare" or "I paid off my student loans by myself why should we let other people get the same thing for free", but I'm not everyone, and there are people that don't have the luxuries that I've had, and I'm fine paying more in taxes to have a system in place that will help those people. The government was created for the betterment of the community after all.
                      Thank you.

Comment

Bernie's got a consistent record on the right side of our most important issues, zero surprises. I seriously do not think Biden can beat Trump no matter how much insider Politicians & News personalities do their best to convince you that it's the "safe" choice. **Dangers in nominating Biden / Strongest match-up with Sanders article**

--

40 y/o. I like building things. From audio to furniture to houses to cars. Grew up working as a roofer and as a framer, my grandfather who was my biggest influence was a welder. Nobody was wealthy but we worked hard and have done well enough. I'm not in school debt or any debt, thankfully. The Wars and the financial collapse in 2008 have been the strongest influences on my political views. As a younger white guy I'm a minority in my neighborhood, most of my neighbors are working class black or hispanic. I currently work managing construction and as a foreman on a major building a couple miles away down the street -- everyone there drives the newest Mercedes, Bentleys, even Rolls Royces and Lamboghinis. On the way to work I see people laid out on the sidewalk and when I walk my dog I sometimes have to step over or around people. People are living in their cars or broken down RVs around the corner from me. And it's crazy because this is about the most expensive apartment I've ever lived in.
                        Last edited by phillipj; 03-13-2020, 08:36 PM.
                        1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Biden took Michigan, Idaho, Mississippi, Missouri, Bernie got Washington and North Dakota. Looks like Biden is going to build a lead that's insurmountable at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                            Biden took Michigan, Idaho, Mississippi, Missouri, Bernie got Washington and North Dakota. Looks like Biden is going to build a lead that's insurmountable at this point.
                            Not surprising, and while I would be personally entertained by a Sanders third party run I don't know if the time is right or if he thinks he can fund it.

Comment

Always Remember Joe Biden Misled Everyone About Wife's Death, Blamed Innocent Man for Years

I also agree that voting for Bernie akin to a child's view that the child is entitled to a allowance. Anyone that is irresponsible tends to agree with Bernie.

I have found that hiring anyone that agrees with Bernie is a mistake. I let them go as they feel entitled to the bosses wealth, and complain about things they are unable to attain without hard work. Inevitably they try to spread their lack of drive as something that the others at stores should help contribute to. Every, single time, it's frustrating having a revolving door. Generally when I get a conservative, they are much more hard working, self-reliant, and willing to learn the skill sets that they have yet to develop. Bad for me is that they (in general the conservatives) train much faster and move on to create bigger and better generally, while keeping a healthy workplace regardless.

Comment

Working...
                              X