Sanders or Biden? Where Do You Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cale View Post
    I'd be willing to pay more in taxes too, if governments actually had good track records for spending efficiently. Student loans for an example are a horrible managed system, they essentially guarantee income for universities and fuel rising tuition costs. If you owned a business would you not take advantage of such a generous system? They're going to suck that teat dry so long as kids who aren't even old enough to drink are told they're allowed to incur hundreds of thousands in debt.

But sure, throw a few more logs in the fire to be frivolously burnt.
    Yep. If they could spend efficiently, maybe we wouldn't need more taxes.....................GASP!

The problem is there is no drive for efficiency in government. There is no incentive with government. I have a very simple idea on how to fix that, but the powers that be would never allow it.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

Yep. If they could spend efficiently, maybe we wouldn't need more taxes.....................GASP!

The problem is there is no drive for efficiency in government. There is no incentive with government. I have a very simple idea on how to fix that, but the powers that be would never allow it.
      The government needs less money, not more, for sure lol

If bernie manages to win, taxes will go up, then.... ......................... .................................................. ......... .................................................. ..... ......................................... ahh shit, nothing happened :f

my lil speculation
      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

It's funny to watch people think a couple of taxes on the rich are somehow going to be enough to double federal spending.

It doesn't matter at this point. Bernie is dead in the water and he's not going to run as a third-party candidate.

4 more years of Orange Man coming up.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Bernie never had a chance he had the loud minority behind him. You can see it playing out in real time as the 18-29 demographic doesn't vote at all and hes getting destroyed. Its so weird that biden has the best chance at victory just due to his name... I dont like Bernie or Biden, but i'd take Bernie because i think he would be accountable for his policy. There are people behind the scene running Biden 100% that man is almost dead/insane.
          91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
            30 years old, bachelors degree, paid off by myself. I am a white guy that would never have been considered poor (or rich) at any point in my life. I was a Mayor Pete guy, but since he dropped out I'll be voting for Bernie. I don't think he is the best person to run the country, and there are things I don't like about him, but I like him worlds more than Biden or Trump. I'm not excited about paying more in taxes, but I think the things he'll be spending it on are needed to make this a better country.

It's easy enough to say "I already have good healthcare" or "I paid off my student loans by myself why should we let other people get the same thing for free", but I'm not everyone, and there are people that don't have the luxuries that I've had, and I'm fine paying more in taxes to have a system in place that will help those people. The government was created for the betterment of the community after all.
            Perfectly said.
            91 318is M50 swapped
            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

The government needs less money, not more, for sure lol

If bernie manages to win, taxes will go up, then.... ......................... .................................................. ......... .................................................. ..... ......................................... ahh shit, nothing happened :f

my lil speculation
              Do you think Trump and the majority Republican Senate are handling government spending correctly currently?
              Byron
              Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post

Do you think Trump and the majority Republican Senate are handling government spending correctly currently?
                Trump is bankrupting the country just like his businesses. The deficit is out of control!

As far as what Burgundy said, a Bernie presidency will actually cost less and go to more "America First" things. Some of the people here are steeped in propaganda and need to open their eyes.
                1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

^You forget that Bernie found out that it's easier to NOT let the citizenry vote, and instead just make a choice and try to hide that anything happened?

With an inefficient government, more taxes will incur more debt. You being taxed more will fix nothing.

Comment

Both are terrible options to head the Democrat ticket. You have a Communist sympathizer and a dude with signs of dementia who thinks he's running for Senate.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                      ^You forget that Bernie found out that it's easier to NOT let the citizenry vote, and instead just make a choice and try to hide that anything happened?

With an inefficient government, more taxes will incur more debt. You being taxed more will fix nothing.

Bernie is trying his best to fight a very powerful corporate media & Dem establishment. He keeps trying despite the odds and the most powerful being stacked against his message. The cartoonish attacks about being a communist or red-baiting both from Right and Left are getting awfully old and stale, too.

I'd ask you to maybe take notice for a second that Donald Trump is running a horribly inefficient government, taxing way LESS while spending way MORE. I'm personally tired of my tax dollars going to corporate bailouts, subsidies for already rich businesses, endless wars and bloated $750 BILLION defense bills, inefficient $20 million per mile border walls we don't need... the list goes on and on and on! We could re-balance our budget and spend less on more MORAL priorities and come out ahead a much stronger country with a vibrant economy that isn't on these crazy boom & bust cycles.

Trump is Bankrupting this country at break-neck speed.
                      Last edited by phillipj; 03-15-2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

^Maybe they are old and stale, but unfortunately they are all together too true, and his ideas much too dangerous. Illan Omar needs to be considered a treasoner and hung as well.

^Donald trump is barely running the government, he has been fought tooth and nail for the 4 years in office.

Still for a vote, I think Trump is the better bet because you will get to retain your opinion and voice. Sanders will try to remove that further, and Biden...well, he has no opinion or voice, he's just a puppet, he can't even remember who was responsible for his wifes death.

Comment

So the choice is between an old avowed "millionaire" communist whos never held a job outside of govt. Or a dementia riddled globalist whom has most of his immediate family embroiled in scandal and legal issues????

I think even for you all you more "liberal types" the choice is clear. 4 more of the Trumpster
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                            ^Maybe they are old and stale, but unfortunately they are all together too true, and his ideas much too dangerous. Illan Omar needs to be considered a treasoner and hung as well.

^Donald trump is barely running the government, he has been fought tooth and nail for the 4 years in office.

Still for a vote, I think Trump is the better bet because you will get to retain your opinion and voice. Sanders will try to remove that further, and Biden...well, he has no opinion or voice, he's just a puppet, he can't even remember who was responsible for his wifes death.
                            I don't know what kind of bubble / fantasy land you live in, but Trump is definitely running the government, most often by executive order and with cronies and lobbyists with vested interests he's elevated to extreme positions of power on critical issues that effect our lives. Like no one else before. Trump is a symptom of a corrupt system that needs to be changed. Immediately. The sooner the better and not incrementally.

What you are saying about certain people being hung has no place here or anywhere. You are dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              So the choice is between an old avowed "millionaire" communist whos never held a job outside of govt. Or a dementia riddled globalist whom has most of his immediate family embroiled in scandal and legal issues????

I think even for you all you more "liberal types" the choice is clear. 4 more of the Trumpster
                              Sounds like you know zero about Bernie Sanders beside the absolute BS you read in right wing media. It's also not hard to have a net worth barely over $1 million dollars if you are in your 70's, a US Senator and wrote a book, I'd expect him to be worth a ton more honestly. I, like you, am also worried that Biden is slipping and is also a politician just like everyone else who will say certain things that sound good in public but do and say another behind closed doors. We are all tired of that.

Comment

Uuuuuuugh

Siiiiigh

Biden, I guess.

I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X