Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evan's Bimmerfest pictures, a lot of them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evan's Bimmerfest pictures, a lot of them.

This thing had some of the fucking most amazing cars ive ever seen, and some of the most ridiculous dumbest ugliest cars that have ever existed, here are some pictures of both, lets see if you can figure out which fit into which category.

^ NOT AN M3.

S52 powered 318ti, cool in my book, I wouldn't mind driving one of these.

S14 powered 2002

This mini was fast.

Comment

Comment

is that matts car i see
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

So cool. The black Evo III look-a-like is a stunner.
          It's not a real Evo III, right? Who knows with crazy rich Californians.

Comment

wow you socal guys and west coast in general get it all.
            HDE30 <3

Comment

Some pretty cool shots, I like a lot of those cars. The black E30 M3 with the red stripes is pretty sick.

It's become pretty evident to me though in the last few years, that I'm not really all that upset about not being able to go. There's a lot of really cool shit there, but there's also a lot of cars there that just either don't do it for me, or are too over the top. I like all of the older cars, but all the new stuff is just boring to me. I mean no offense to anyone, but if I want to see a bunch of E46 M3's, new M5's, and stuff like that, I can go to the local VW/Porsche/Audi/BMW dealership. And E36's? Pretty much no interest in them at all. I'd pretty much only be interested in the E30's, and all the other old stuff like the '02's, 6's, etc. I'm much more stoked about the PNW E30 meet we have here every year, over 120 E30's last year.

Comment

Batman E36

Jon
                Rides...
                1991 325i - sold :(
                2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

The pictures do not do the event or the car's justice.

You just had to be there. This year was amazing.

Over 3000 people and over 1000 cars. Plus some cute booth candy in look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                    Some pretty cool shots, I like a lot of those cars. The black E30 M3 with the red stripes is pretty sick.

It's become pretty evident to me though in the last few years, that I'm not really all that upset about not being able to go. There's a lot of really cool shit there, but there's also a lot of cars there that just either don't do it for me, or are too over the top. I like all of the older cars, but all the new stuff is just boring to me. I mean no offense to anyone, but if I want to see a bunch of E46 M3's, new M5's, and stuff like that, I can go to the local VW/Porsche/Audi/BMW dealership. And E36's? Pretty much no interest in them at all. I'd pretty much only be interested in the E30's, and all the other old stuff like the '02's, 6's, etc. I'm much more stoked about the PNW E30 meet we have here every year, over 120 E30's last year.

Sounds like you are in denial.

You're 120 hp monster is not God's gift to BMW's. In fact most of the E30
                    s at BF we're junked up garbage. A Few nice ones, but 5-lug coversion don't appeal to me at all and turbo's are niced till they break the bar in half. And there was less than 6 E30 M3's there. One of which was mine, an ugly work in progress.

BF is worth it 100%. It's a 2 night-3 day experience. You get wasted one night, shoot the shit the next night about what cars we're cool or not cool at BF. You're with friend's you haven't seen in a while, Santa Barbara is just a great little city to visit in general.

The E36/E46 M3 is one of the greatest all around sports cars ever made, along with more modern BMW's, they also make much better daily driver's than E30's do, which is what a lot of the guys on here use, unlike say a 86 325es or a 84 318i or a 91 318i, etc.

Even if you don't like the more modern cars, they do offer a glimse of what you can buy when you make more money and get a real job one day.......

Comment

Originally posted by bmw_e30

s at BF we're junked up garbage. A Few nice ones, but 5-lug coversion don't appeal to me at all and turbo's are niced till they break the bar in half. And there was less than 6 E30 M3's there. One of which was mine, an ugly work in progress.

BF is worth it 100%. It's a 2 night-3 day experience. You get wasted one night, shoot the shit the next night about what cars we're cool or not cool at BF. You're with friend's you haven't seen in a while, Santa Barbara is just a great little city to visit in general.

The E36/E46 M3 is one of the greatest all around sports cars ever made, along with more modern BMW's, they also make much better daily driver's than E30's do, which is what a lot of the guys on here use, unlike say a 86 325es or a 84 318i or a 91 318i, etc.

Even if you don't like the more modern cars, they do offer a glimse of what you can buy when you make more money and get a real job one day.......
                      were you the s14 hater?

Comment

some of those cars are just too damn hot

Comment

Originally posted by bmw_e30

First off, I never claimed that my car was "god's gift to BMW's". I have no illusions that my car is not the prettiest thing on the road. Second, it's the styling and other things about the newer BMW's that don't appeal to me as much. In fact, most new cars in general don't appeal to me. I prefer the look of 70's/80's/90's European and other cars to many newer models. And for the record, it has nothing to do with "not having a real job". I have a "real job" and I like it. My car makes a wonderful daily driver, and I like having it as such. Soon I'll be getting someting to replace it as a daily, but I will still keep my E30. It's got nothing to do with it being the only thing I can afford. I bought my first one when I had the money to get something much newer, but the E30 appealed to me in a way that many other cars didn't. Don't get me wrong, I love the E46 M3, and I also like the E36 M3 a lot. It's just that I see them all the time, and the wildly modified ones aren't my thing. And I never said they weren't a great sports car.

On top of that, some of us have moved beyond spending 2 days/3 nights getting wasted and shooting the shit about cars. Some of us have families, children, and "real jobs" that take up more of our time. I see all of my E30 and car friends at the PNW E30 meet each year, and some more often. We have a good time for the day, and it's something I look forward to each year.

I guess the point is, I don't understand the logic in your giving people shit and telling me I'm in denial because they aren't into the same cars as you are, or all the new, flashy, high-dollar cars on the road. So I suggest you modify your attitude, check your assumptions about me and people you don't even know at the door, and stop trying to start shit.
                          Last edited by Jand3rson; 04-09-2006, 07:29 PM.

Comment

OMG Matt actually DOES drive outside of his driveway!!!

Will
                            RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                            Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                            DaveCN = Old Man
                            My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                            If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Josh = in denial :)

Will
                              RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                              Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                              DaveCN = Old Man
                              My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                              If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Working...
                              X