No announcement yet.

Best 15 in lightweight? Kosei K1 vs TrMotorsports C1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think nando gave them 40 heat cycles to get the tread life he wanted.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

they are probably well heat cycled but I'm not doing trophy races here. The specE30/pro3 guys would probably wear through them faster than you would on the street.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

almost unbelievable that you got that much life out the R888's
        90 E30 325i

Comment

why is it so unbelievable?

the RA1s were known for their long life as well, maybe even better.

neither are neccesarily perfect street tires; they're loud, stiff, and they tramline like crazy, but they aren't bubble gum hoosiers either.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

with a treadwear of 100, i would have expected them to have melted within a summer.

how many street miles + how many events (type?) do you expect from them?
            90 E30 325i

Comment

I've got about 4 hours of track time (3 events), a couple autox's, and street driving from march through september of last year (~8k). I'm expecting them to last until the end of summer, with a couple track days and hopefully 8 -10autox events. They were lightly used before I got them too.

and unfortunately, treadwear is 100% useless for predicting tread life, except that 800tw grandma tires usually get old and crack before the tread wears out, and sub 200 tw tires usually last a summer or two.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I agree, otherwise you wouldn't see treadwear 30-40 autocross tires lasting a full season and some guys drive on them to and back from the events.
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  I've got about 4 hours of track time (3 events), a couple autox's, and street driving from march through september of last year (~8k). I'm expecting them to last until the end of summer, with a couple track days and hopefully 8 -10autox events. They were lightly used before I got them too.

and unfortunately, treadwear is 100% useless for predicting tread life, except that 800tw grandma tires usually get old and crack before the tread wears out, and sub 200 tw tires usually last a summer or two.
                  very impressive life out of those tires. what do you consider a wasted tire? 2/32" or visible threads? do you still expect your tires to be safe in the rain on the highway this summer?
                  90 E30 325i

Comment

they'll probably be hard and heat cycled before the tread wears out.

being so wide they were always a little hairy in the hydroplane department, but we don't really get much more than drizzle during the summer here. I'll bump the pressure up to 36psi and not worry about it. :)
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      i got about 10k out of my ES100s, they sucked in the rain and weren't that great in the dry. they got worse as the tire aged, too.

the R888s have nearly that and still tons of life left. I expect them to last 2 summers (+ a couple HPDEs and autox). The ES100s barely lasted one.
                      Not to insult your intelligence, but I've gotta ask: how was your alignment with the ES100s? What alignment are you running now?

The one thing that may bother me about running r-comps on the skreets, yo, is the noise. Some of those things sounded like your drivetrain going bad when you're driving, my friend in an evo has some 255/40 A048s that he rides around on and they're easily louder than any other sound the car makes at 35mph. I'm sure it's something I could get used to, but normal passengers would probably be a bit discouraged that my 25 year old shitbox in "great mechanical condition" sounds like it has no wheel bearings.

Comment

the R888s aren't that loud, but the sidewalls are damn stiff, it feels like you've doubled your spring rates. It probably makes most of the noise at 25mph and below, above that it's fine.

alignment before was actually a lot less agressive - about a degree and a half less camber up front, and half a degree less caster. front toe set to stock. My rear camber/toe is actually well within stock specs, thanks to the odd design of ix subframe bushings. I was going to go with weld in plates, but after having the alignment checked it just wasn't worth it.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          Want some tires with width as stretched are silly to me. I have ra1 on my M3 on the street, but drive em when no rain is forecasted.

Old tires doesn't matter.
                          Agree stretched is silly.. I just would run street tires on the street and r-comps at the track. seeing as you want 235s though I guess R-888s would work.
                          '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                          '91 SpecE30 #523
                          '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

btw, price drop on C3M's to $109 a piece.

Comment

anyone tried these wheels?

Imo they look better than some of the other options

Comment

^^^

-Correct ET25 offset for maximum track without spacers
                                HUH? They are just 15x7s, you could definitely have lower offset and a wider track no problem... I don't get it?

If they were 15x8 I bet they'd be really popular outside of spec e30. Pretty good looking wheel.
                                Originally posted by z31maniac
                                I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Working...
                                X