• Show
Clear All

• Zodow
    replied
    Reserved for 2013-2018 updates

Leave a comment:

• Zodow
    replied
    alistairolsen - Thanks, its been many years in the making and I have a ton of catching up to do if I want to show the whole thing here haha - it might have to be a synopsis of each year rather than a detailed timeline as I've forgotten a lot.

My buddy had a tougher time, he struggled to get the car ready in time and the first time he drove it was on pikes peak - not an ideal place to shakedown a car - needless to say he didn't qualify well because he was still getting used to the car and instead of dry/ rain like I had he had rain/sleet/hail(like 2" worth on a6's) on his run and ran a 15:13

Leave a comment:

• alistairolsen
    replied
    Just found this thread for the first time, what an epic development and nice to see a car that was built with an aim and used, rather than a show queen.

How did your buddy's car go?

Leave a comment:

• Zodow
    replied
    Fixing photo links! Vehicular - Haven't changed much on the aero from that video. Sub 10min was quite amazing. Thanks Big Willy for the pics! Varg - you'll see a lot of the older stuff here shortly, ill see if I can find some time getting some new info out. Revzilla - AEM infinity 506.

Before I get around to posting new stuff here is an instagram I started last year with some current photos. Instagram 326e30

Leave a comment:

• Revzillia
    replied
    What ECU do u have wired in ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    I like the heat shield around the turbo and downpipe. Would like to see more details of this car, cooling system ducting, pics of the fab work, suspension, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Big Willy
    replied
    Saw this car this year at the peak, looked great. Here is an engine bay shot and interior shot.

Leave a comment:

• lcoleman
    replied
    This is the car that went sub 10 minutes this year right? 'cause dayum.

Leave a comment:

• vehicular
    replied
    BTW, most of your pic links are dead. Could be a mobile problem, but I'd really like to see your garage aero parts build process.

Leave a comment:

• vehicular
    replied
    I saw where you made 11th overall this year! Nice work!

Can you post some more setup discussion? Have you changed your aero since the KYLE.ENGINEERS video from last year? How did 11th overall feel?

Leave a comment:

• Zodow
    replied
    Yea the latest theory is crank signal noise, but its tough to say for sure. We tried a bunch of things, swapped sensors out etc and weren't able to figure it out in time. Hopefully we can get it all dialed with the new ecu when I recover from this years race.

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied
    Very nice!

My friend has the exact same powerplant making the same power with the same issue.
    At first it was a wobbly harmonic balancer, fixed it, got a (better)retune and the problem is back.
    We suspect a bad RPM signal / differential sensor. Don't know.

Leave a comment:

• Zodow
    replied
    Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
    Hey so whats your wheel/tire setup and suspension? Looks like 5 lug APEX 17x9.5s?!
    Yea Im running apex 17x10's all around with spacers 15mm up front and 1- 3/4" bolt on ones in the rear. Still using ground control mustang (if I remember right) struts with shortened tubes...Still using e30 control arms, basically modified the spindles to make e30 m3 style strut tubes with slightly more offset.

Rear is still ground control shocks and e32 or e34 (which ever one had the highest offset) hubs with 5mm shims in the stock e30 trailing arms and custom axles with Porsche 930 sized cv's... IE bushings and camber toe kit.

Im tempted to go with larger rims next year for the rear at least 12in with some custom rims with the perfect offset but I first have to solve the hesitation/get a newer ecu most likely aem, set up a cooler for the transmission, maybe a stronger diff/ driveshaft... the list goes on and on.

Leave a comment:

• kalib0y
    replied
    Tim,

So glad to be a part of your build. Congrats buddy!
    -ryan

Leave a comment:

• robgoesvroom
    replied
    Hey so whats your wheel/tire setup and suspension? Looks like 5 lug APEX 17x9.5s?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X