Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing on bald tires....very attention-grabbing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...cripes, and we PAY someone to make them almost bald before we race on them???

heh

My favorite version of that was BF Goodrich's "The Advantage". Couldn't have been more than $200- for all four. I had a blast. They lasted forever...

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by !kid View Post
      Why does your shift lever assembly move around so much?
      The transmission and motor mounts on this car are still rubber and tend to wear fairly quickly on these cars. We are considering solid mounts next time the engine and transmission are out...which will be pretty soon due to the blown head gasket... :sad:
      Originally posted by TobyB View Post
      ...cripes, and we PAY someone to make them almost bald before we race on them???

heh

My favorite version of that was BF Goodrich's "The Advantage". Couldn't have been more than $200- for all four. I had a blast. They lasted forever...

t
      wut. Drifting?
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

no, cca track days on a beater.

In Pro3, we shave most of the rubber off the RA1...

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Nice driving. My first set of r compounds where super worn but they were free.
          I drove four auto crosses and 2 track days with them learned a lot.

-
          Project
          Parts for Sale
          Feedback
          YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
            no, cca track days on a beater.

In Pro3, we shave most of the rubber off the RA1...

t
            Oh, gotcha. I'm assuming to make them less treaded?
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
              Oh, gotcha. I'm assuming to make them less treaded?
              hey.....Ive shaved my ra 1's for yrs as well...

.....for dry use theyll grip better , chunk less, squirm less, and last as long or longer once shaved.

most shaves range from 3/32 to 5/32's....

on my e30/s50 I can get at least 30 heat cycles...Ive gone as long as 40 ish....but I do drive like a wimp.
              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Working...
              X