Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Sells the Best Brake Duct Plates/Kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Sells the Best Brake Duct Plates/Kits?

I've been quite happy with my Massive Sport Kit brakes, but I just toasted my 2nd set of rotors in 1 year. The replacements are only $30 each, which is nice. They also sell a $140 "heavy duty" replacement rotor, which I'm hesitant to shell-out for. I'd like to add some cooling before trying the HD rotors.

Who sells the best brake duct kit at a reasonable price?
    S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
    What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

what about cryo-freezing the rotors?
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

These are great backing plates!
      1991 318i - Ground Control, 4.10 Limited Slip, Dinan Chip, Sport Interior - Daily Driver and Track Toy - Sold

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited

2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i

Comment

There are several options for the plates and the ducts, but if you have a late model valance there isnt many options for the mounting of the ducts to the brake ducts... So we are working with a local manufacturer to roll these out. OE fitment on the stock brake ducts and direct fitment to the 3" aftermarket hoses.
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

I think turner makes a baking plate that replaces the dust shield for the brakes, bimmerworld also has something similar

Comment

Originally posted by ballarde30 View Post
            Lof8-

If you want these ship me your brake ducts, I can make these for half that price....
            sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by ballarde30 View Post
              Those look like a joke for that price.

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                .....OE fitment on the stock brake ducts and direct fitment to the 3" aftermarket hoses.
                these are wicked

Comment

I have had great experiences with my brake cooling ducts when it comes to stopping power on track but havent noticed it to help with the cracking of my rotors.

I run a SpecE30 and end up changing rotors every few weekends.

I was able to make a nice set of backing plates out of aluminum sheets and a couple random parts I had laying around if you are into that. I have an early model bumper and took the fog lights out, removed the mounting brackets, took a saw and cut off the back half to create a circle opening from the front. Then used a generic brake duct adapter and some fiberglass to mount to the bake.

Very happy with the solution but is def a little project.

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                    There are several options for the plates and the ducts, but if you have a late model valance there isnt many options for the mounting of the ducts to the brake ducts... So we are working with a local manufacturer to roll these out. OE fitment on the stock brake ducts and direct fitment to the 3" aftermarket hoses.
                    Nice!! How long til those are available?
                    S50'd

Comment

Originally posted by redrocket328 View Post
                      I have had great experiences with my brake cooling ducts when it comes to stopping power on track but havent noticed it to help with the cracking of my rotors.

I run a SpecE30 and end up changing rotors every few weekends.

I was able to make a nice set of backing plates out of aluminum sheets and a couple random parts I had laying around if you are into that. I have an early model bumper and took the fog lights out, removed the mounting brackets, took a saw and cut off the back half to create a circle opening from the front. Then used a generic brake duct adapter and some fiberglass to mount to the bake.

Very happy with the solution but is def a little project.
                      Ducts didn't help with cracking huh? Maybe I just need to pony up for the HD rotors and give them a try.
                      S50'd

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                        what about cryo-freezing the rotors?
                        Do you have experience with this? What's the approximate cost?
                        S50'd

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
                          Do you have experience with this? What's the approximate cost?
                          Not terrible but probably not worth it if a "HD" rotor is already avail.

It's popular with other local racers; I've always just upgraded brakes (you already did) and tried to just stop using them lol

Hd rotors are probably cryo frozen; that's about the only way one can get "more durable" rotors for Motorsports without going to a aluminum floating hat rotor.

In our enduro car I actually deleted the brake ducts for black flag reasons (if one breaks off and is dragging on the track). With the larger front brakes none of us have been able to overheat or damage the front rotors yet

Perhaps invest in driving coach to help you save money on brake rotors by teaching no braking line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                          OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

"No braking line"! Best advice yet! The Massive Sport kit actually has the aluminum hat 2-piece rotors! I'm getting about 10-12 hrs of track time before these rotors start cracking.
                            S50'd

Comment

Are these the Wilwood 11.75 x 1.25" 8x7" BCD rotors? Just to let you know there are possible alternatives. PFC, Hawk and AP racing all have rotors in this size. AP racing may not be suitable as the spigot diameter is 6.42" compared to Wilwood's 6.38". I am not sure about the PFCs or, Hawks.

Wilwood's have a reputation for cracking. Some of their pre-bedded versions are better.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X