No announcement yet.

E30 vs sc2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will both get smoked by the soccer mom with the Honda Odyssey full of kids the next lane over.

true story.
    Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
    Track/street e21 build
    visit Condor Speed Shop
    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
      Actually its the opposite of that. The hp ratings were listed at a lower level to fool insurance companys to get more people out to buy these cars when they were new.So if my SS396 had a listed rating of only 375hp on paper,its was actual hp of about 420 hp at the flywheel in theory.Thats why on the lets say 1970 hemicuda.It had a rating of 425hp but it really was over 500hp and the same with the 1970 SS454 chevelle LS6 it was rated at 450hp but was really over 500hp as well. It was to keep the price on insurance lower for the consumer.
      Actually, both are somewhat correct. The difference in how hp is rated and claimed.. The way they did it "back then" was the hp rating at the Flywheel, with the motor sitting on an engine dyno, and no accessories hooked. This rating is no longer used (and hasn't been used for a while), instead hp claims are based on the number after all the accessories are attached and mounted in the car. This is why HP numbers "nose dived" after '72. The motors did have lower compression in some instances then their previous incarnations, but now they were using NET HP numbers vs GROSS.

That's not to say the LS6 Chevelle wasn't bad ass, it was a beast. Me though, I prefer the '66 Chevy II with an L79. Though, my '66 hard top Chevy II with the 377 I built for it was plenty fun.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
        Please slowly re-read my last post.
        +1000

.. just about fell outta my chair
        Make the bastard chase you.

Comment

Originally posted by 4evere30 View Post
          lol pretty lame thread , just for the record though if you have any skill driving you would dominate him on an auto-x track , probably in a straight line too
          Can't say I'd agree with that. SC2 is lighter, similar HP/tq.

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
          You will both get smoked by the soccer mom with the Honda Odyssey full of kids the next lane over.

true story.
          Can say this will happen for sure, she might even be picking her nose and getting thrown up on. While you're granny shifting and not double clutching like you should.

Also, sounds like dude has been driving before you. And will probably stomp on you while you bounce revs, granted these are 5 spds were talking about...

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
            I googled sc2 and a bunch of starcraft shit came up.
            Wtf is going on here
            NEW 4K REMASTERED VERSION HERE: https://youtu.be/ODt1ppstUGkOctober 2007 TV commercial for the Toyota Tacoma featuring the truck inside a World of Warcraft g...

Comment

on a side note, I believe this SC2 won a Chumpcar race in the last year or two. Not that Chump is ultimate motorsports or anything, but Chump races are full of e30s (including ones with engine swaps) and IIRC it beat all of them in one of the races.

It was also generally as fast or faster than our e30 at Chump Pittsburgh....though we beat it on the 2nd day due to a mechanical issue after finishing right behind it on day 1.

Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
              Track/street e21 build
              visit Condor Speed Shop
              visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

I'm getting tired of this shit. I want my R3v back.

Comment

OP, thank you for making my crappy day not so crappy anymore :D I think I literally laughed for a good 5 minutes reading this.

In all seriousness though, I hope this thread is a joke. lol

Comment

I think the Saturn would win because when you crash into each other at least he will be able to pop the dents out of his plastic body panels and carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                      Factory HP ratings from that era are very exaggerated, they only have like a little over 200 whp but still had lots of torque.
                      This, I had a Plymouth Satelite with a 383 in High school. Felt fast and sounded fast. probably wasn't, but I wish i still had it.

Anyway race the guy. I had a 92 dodge shadow and brother had a 92 -95 civic. I was a sophomore and he was Junior. We raced, I won. It was tall fun.
                      I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                      Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Working...
                      X