No announcement yet.

The r3v autocross video thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah we've been spoiled with ET. Unfortunately it may not be around much longer due to developments in the area :(

Hard to tell from the video what the diff is doing. Is it going open on the inside wheel? Maybe this can help.

Nice! That wheel and tire package looks right at home. You guys taking that thing to crow's landing?

Comment

Yeah I want a Giken but they are pricey. There's a higher-biased and clutch preloaded Torsen used in the FR500S that's like $800. But I think the slicks are rubbing on the rear sway which is exacerbating the problem. We're going to fix that and see if it continues.

Yeah we're going to Crows events. Not sure which ones yet.

Fuck that sucks about Toro, that's such an amazing venue. I still haven't gone once either.

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      Get closer to the cones man!
      Give him a break, it was 4/20! :p
      Last edited by Wh33lhop; 05-09-2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Not strictly autocross, well not at all, but first run on circuit after engine rebuild.
        No in car footage mind you...

88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Here's my rallycross e30 at the WDCR autocross today. Hey, I beat a GT-R (true story) :)

Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
          Track/street e21 build
          visit Condor Speed Shop
          visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Nice work. I love running autox in my rallycross E30, confuses everyone.
            sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

This weekend was fun, now have a 3 clutch 4.10LSD and slammed the camber plates in for about 4.5 degrees up front or so for great front end bite, necessitating a looot of throttle control, heh. If I had kept it tidier exiting the last corner I'm sure it would have been worth a few tenths but it really wants to swing wild.

Right side view

Spun my codriver's Mustang trying to go flat through the finish on the second run, oops. That's a first for me, I've never spun at autox before.

Best run in the Mustang

I've noticed that unlike the E30, when I am fastest in the Mustang it has a lot less to do with keeping nice tidy clean lines and more to do with getting it pointed in the right direction and squeezing the gas at the right time. I'm pretty far off most of the cones in that video but focused on laying down the power as early and as much as I could and PAXed I think 5th out of 150-200 or so competitive guys who showed up.
              Last edited by Wh33lhop; 05-19-2014, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Wow that looked fun. The best mustang run links to the spin though.

That's a lot of camber. Any idea what toe is at that setting?

I agree, the e30 is more of a speed maintenance car. The mustang not so much.

I wouldn't sweat the spin. I'm surprised if i don't spin atleast once per event lol.

Comment

Oops, fixed. Frankly the best stang run really doesn't look that great since I am way off the cones. The E30 run looks super precise in comparison skimming most of the cones, partially due to all that camber the front end will not wash out. The car drives like a go kart in that config; you have to find just the right steering angle as too much will just step the rear out, no matter if you're on it or not. Strange feeling.

No idea on toe, but there seems to be visible toe out. I haven't gotten an alignment yet, it's on the list. :p No biggie with the spin, just some comedic relief :)

Comment

Damn it Wh33lhop now i'm embarrassed to show my lap. That looks seriously fast. Judging by your line, i was waaaaaaay off =D

This is me:

Comment

Nah we were all beginners at one point :) if you catch me at the next event I'll be happy to ride along and give you some pointers. Next I'm attending is probably AAS next weekend, not sure if sat or sun yet.

If I were to go by the video I'd definitely say focus on tightening your line first and foremost. You had the right idea around a lot of the corners but didn't turn in early enough.

Comment

Oh, wow I would really appreciate that! Don't really know what AAS is (american autocross maybe?) but i'll look it up and try to show up =)

Comment

My fastest run from this past weekend.

sigpic
                          1991 318is S52
                          1987 325i Vert
                          1991 325i
                          2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

I ran this past weekend, but it didn't go particularly well. Due to timing getting messed up they had to alter the course so I pretty much had no idea where I was going the first couple laps, and a rear subframe issue had the back end so loose I was fighting the car the entire time as well. Still took the class win, but mostly due to the competition not performing well either.
                            88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                            We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Crazy wide open course at El Toro with PCA this weekend. It really let the GT3's and vettes stretch their legs. I was hitting 75-80 in 3rd on the straight. Here's two of the runs. Second slightly slower run has a fun slide at 1:04.

Comment

Daaaamn that's crazy! Tons of revlimiter.

Here's last weekend's best runs. 37.700 (me, bottom) vs 37.769 (codriver, top).

I pull a couple tenths ahead twice and he catches me twice. Damn, gotta get faster!

My last run was a 37.9 because my codriver forgot to take his helmet out of the car and I didn't realize until it hit me in the head on the first right hander, lol. Haven't seen that video yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X