The r3v autocross video thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
    Dude that course is awesome! I WISH we had courses like that up here!

This isn't exactly autocross, but my weekend was a bit more dangerous :)
    Yeah it was a blast! A lot more challenging than the PCA courses. Mentally i wasn't prepared. My first four runs showed it. I was starting to get the hang of it by the last three and my tires were finally starting to have some grip by then too.

Thunderhill looks freekin sweet! Great driving, very smooth. Those blind crest's are a trip! It seemed like you really need to use those curbs to plot the perfect arc through some of the corners. I need to do some track days for the seat time.

When you going to turn that 330 into a DSP car?

Comment

Thanks dude! It was a blast. Stock springs on that thing still and running those r comps just feels super lofty. Not exactly confidence inspiring over berms and around some of the high speed corners they have, but man can that car turn when it wants to!

That's a terrible idea and also an amazing idea. Depends on the day and how fiscally irresponsible I'm feeling. But I really like the DDness of it as it stands.

Comment

Dude that course is awesome! I WISH we had courses like that up here!

This isn't exactly autocross, but my weekend was a bit more dangerous :)

Didn't know they still made the typical bmw wannabe a driver gloves with the knuckles cut out.....vintage?

Comment

That's a terrible idea and also an amazing idea. Depends on the day and how fiscally irresponsible I'm feeling. But I really like the DDness of it as it stands.
          I know what you mean about taking something practical and making it completely impractical. Best just to have fun with what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by L8 apexr View Post
            Didn't know they still made the typical bmw wannabe a driver gloves with the knuckles cut out.....vintage?
            I got em many years ago when I thought they were cool. It was between those and wiping sweat off my hands down every straight (see my Laguna video). Now don't make me take one off and smack you with it. :p

Comment

I got em many years ago when I thought they were cool. It was between those and wiping sweat off my hands down every straight (see my Laguna video). Now don't make me take one off and smack you with it. :p
              :)

Comment

Took mine out today on the C1's and rivals and took first in Gstreet!

Best run of the day, finished first in G Street! Not bad for blown suspension and an auto in a '90 BMW 325i Convertible. Only Mods are 15x7 TR Motorsport C1...
                Originally posted by Roysneon
                I have a vert project car that will stay auto until/unless the trans craps out on me. I'm just gonna paint it, slam it and pull bitches.

Comment

2nd AutoX of the season, finished second in SM behind a 400hp supercharged S52 powered 318ti running 315 Hoosiers. I've ridden in that car and it felt like it was ripping my face off.

In other notes, this is my first event since I went to a J-Stock suspension and first time running R comps (square 235 NT01's). Once there is a little heat in the setup it is absolutely amazing. These are my last 2 runs, the first 2 didn't have a GoPro running but with cold tires and brakes weren't that interesting anyway.

88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                  We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Wow, what a course! Nice runs. That looks like a lot of fun.
                    91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ocell View Post
                      Wow, what a course! Nice runs. That looks like a lot of fun.
                      Thanks man. Definitely a great course, I had an absolute blast. Here is a course map, the local chapter publishes it a week or two before the event. It really helps make sure people know where they're going, and since we had 230 drivers for this one it's important to keep things moving.

88 325is - S52 powered

Comment

Nice driving Matt, that course looked fun as hell. That last kink between the walloms and the finish sure killed the flow of the couse. I suppose that was the point though to prevent the timing lights from being taken out.

How is your gopro mounted?

Comment

Thanks man! The local course designer does a great job moderating speed and flow, and yeah, the last Chicago box (I think that's what it's called) was to slow things down before the finish. It's hard to see but there's a drainage ditch that runs across the entire course, and going back across it to the finish it was necessary to slow people down. There was an event a couple years ago where the finish was similar but didn't have the slow down element and there were 20+ spins across the finish. The quick up and down elevation change at an angle combined with people trying too hard to get to the finish was a bad mix.

The GoPro is mounted to my roll bar between the seats, pretty much dead center of the car. I have a couple other mounts on the car, but that's what I generally use.
                          Last edited by matthugie; 04-06-2014, 07:13 PM.
                          88 325is - S52 powered

Comment

Very nice work Matt. Course envy...
                            sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

What the fuck, that course was awesome!

Good driving dude. I always am iffy about R888/RA1/NT01 at autox since their temp window tends to be higher. They "work fine" but I'm not sure how competitive they are.

Comment

that's a sick course!

Comment

Working...
                                X