No announcement yet.

The r3v autocross video thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let a friend co-drive my e30 (waiting for him to upload his videos)

in the meantime I drove my new to me C5 Z06 what a rocketship! I'm not used to a car swallowing straight aways as fast as I can hit the skinny pedal. (and consequently my line and driving was mostly crap as I tried to play catch up with the car.

you can see my e30 staging right as I finish :D

I let a couple other friends drive my e30 the day before the above event took place since I was in a wedding and unable to attend that day, heres a video from the primarily Right hand turn course:
    -Brad
    My E30: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...50#post3916850

Comment

Damn, I was there Saturday; wish I had made an effort to be there Sunday, too. That S52 sounded mean!
      My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
        Damn, I was there Saturday; wish I had made an effort to be there Sunday, too. That S52 sounded mean!
        Thanks! I hadn't heard the car at WOT from outside before, very impressed and pleased with the noises it makes!

Saturday looked like a brutal course for left side tires (although the rivals took it great) Sunday was much more balanced!
        -Brad
        My E30: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...50#post3916850

Comment

Originally posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
          Thanks! I hadn't heard the car at WOT from outside before, very impressed and pleased with the noises it makes!

Saturday looked like a brutal course for left side tires (although the rivals took it great) Sunday was much more balanced!
          Yeah, my left tires were decimated. If I had known the course was going to be reversed I would have come for sure.
          My Feedback

Comment

Klodkrawler05 your e30 seems wicked with the new tire setup. Sounds mean as hell too. Nice choice on the C5 z06. All they need are some sway bars and some decent tires to be great at autocross. They do require a lot if driver discipline though. With courses like that i think i'd enjoy driving the e30 more though.

Comment

Originally posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
              Jeebus that is a tight course!

1989 325i Alpine White
              69 STX

Comment

First time at the autox with the E30. so much fun

Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Nice! Glad you had fun at El Toro. Coming out tomorrow? I should be down there.

Comment

Not planning on it, other stuff to do. I'll be back again though. Fun course, big area and I have a lot of room for improvement so ...
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

A bit of auto-x action from yesterday.

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Fun day today out at Circuit of the Americas (in a parking lot, not on track though).

91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

What an awesome course!! Great car control.
                          91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

nice driving! it seems like you took out a ton of cones on the first run :rofl:

Originally posted by Ocell View Post
                            Fun day today out at Circuit of the Americas (in a parking lot, not on track though).
                            are you running falken azenis tires? thoughts on them?
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              nice driving! it seems like you took out a ton of cones on the first run :rofl:

Thanks! I think I was clean that run! My 3rd run, I mowed down 3 cones though, haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Not bad dude, fun course!

How about some 3 rd and 4th gear action?

In a fiesta ST. Mustang ventilated its block last event :(

+2 though. I hit a cone at the very beginning kink and the final slalom, though it doesn't seem like it in those areas to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X