No announcement yet.

Group Buy Pre-Order Thread: e30 fitment 15x10 track wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait a minute...these are being made in offsets that still require spacers? Doesn't that defeat some of the purpose?
    S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
    What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
      Wait a minute...these are being made in offsets that still require spacers? Doesn't that defeat some of the purpose?
      Personally, I too would like to see more offset on these. I'll take what I can get over the 6UL's though. I'd like to see a -15et for my application.
      Kevin Doyle
      KD Motorsports
      KD.Motorsports@yahoo.com
      9175 Willows Rd NE
      Redmond, WA 98052
      (425)556-9076

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
        Originally posted by bmnut2002 View Post
        Personally, I too would like to see more offset on these. I'll take what I can get over the 6UL's though. I'd like to see a -15et for my application.
        I'm with both of you guys. We wanted to be closer to a et -10 to prevent needing spacers however with the design of the wheel et0 was as much as we could get from Jongbloed. These should still fit in the rear without spacers although you will probably need a 8-10mm spacer in the front to clear the strut housing :(

As mentioned though, compared to needing a 25mm rear and 35mm thick front spacer to run the 6UL's these are a drastic improvement over the only other "cheap" lightweight 15x10 I'm aware of in a 4x100 pattern.
        -Brad
        My E30: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...50#post3916850

Comment

Originally posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
          I'm with both of you guys. We wanted to be closer to a et -10 to prevent needing spacers however with the design of the wheel et0 was as much as we could get from Jongbloed. These should still fit in the rear without spacers although you will probably need a 8-10mm spacer in the front to clear the strut housing :(

As mentioned though, compared to needing a 25mm rear and 35mm thick front spacer to run the 6UL's these are a drastic improvement over the only other "cheap" lightweight 15x10 I'm aware of in a 4x100 pattern.
          Huh? How do you figure you need 10mm spacers in front? 15x8 ET20 work just fine, so take an inch off your offset and you have a 15x10 with equivalent backspacing. And those +20s fit with room to spare IIRC; ET0 may be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
            Huh? How do you figure you need 10mm spacers in front? 15x8 ET20 work just fine, so take an inch off your offset and you have a 15x10 with equivalent backspacing. And those +20s fit with room to spare IIRC; ET0 may be fine.
            You need a 5mm spacer to get the 10" et0 wheel to have the same 5.3" backspacing as the 8" et20 setup you mentioned, adding on another 5mm accounts for the extra width of the 275 wide hoosier, if you are planning to stretch a 225 street tire or even the 245 should it go into production then you are correct, spacers may not be required at all.

Also For reference, this picture shows a 15x10 next to a 15x8:
            Last edited by klodkrawler05; 12-04-2013, 06:24 AM.
            -Brad

Comment

225's should fit on rolled fenders without much trouble, I'm running 225's now without issue.
              I was originally referring to 225s on these 15x10s in the quote that he's responding to. If you're running 225s on 10s then I would implore you for a picture.

You need a 5mm spacer to get the 10" et0 wheel to have the same 5.3" backspacing as the 8" et20 setup you mentioned, adding on another 5mm accounts for the extra width of the 275 wide hoosier, if you are planning to stretch a 225 street tire or even the 245 should it go into production then you are correct, spacers may not be required at all.
              Yep. Here's to crossing fingers for the 245 :p

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                I was originally referring to 225s on these 15x10s in the quote that he's responding to. If you're running 225s on 10s then I would implore you for a picture.

Yep. Here's to crossing fingers for the 245 :p
                Ah that was my misunderstanding. I am running 225's on 8.5 wheels now with just a fender roll, thats what I was referring to.
                -Brad

Comment

UPdate after talking to Ryan, they need 15 sets of these ordered before they will begin casting the wheels. We're at 7 currently so still have a little ways to go!

Anybody else interested?!
                  -Brad

Comment

Here's what a 225/45r15 NT01 looks like on a 15x10 6UL (horrible pics)

this could be useful for non-hoosiers yet... These would get the most out of a 225 and will be faster than a 15x8 and likely a 15x9. I can't commit to buying a set just yet. What's the deal, do we have to get in for the group buy or will these be made afterwards too?

Comment

They'll be made afterwards as well so you don't really "lose" anything by not getting in the group buy, except if they don't get 15 committed orders to start with they'll never bother to make the wheel which limits the hope of getting them made.
                      -Brad

Comment

Right. I don't think I can make that atm :(

But I can provide more pics of 225 and 235 fitment on 15x10s... Please note that these are R888s which run extremely wide. If you try this with an rs3 it will be a lot more stretched.

225/45r15 r888 on 15x10:

235/50 r888 on 15x10:

(rears)

(rears)

Comment

Bump.

We need a few more commitments, or these might not ever get made. If you are thinking about it, this could be your one shot. We need a few more orders, or these will never make it to production and never be available afterwards to our community.
                          Kevin Doyle
                          KD Motorsports
                          KD.Motorsports@yahoo.com
                          9175 Willows Rd NE
                          Redmond, WA 98052
                          (425)556-9076

Comment

Originally posted by bmnut2002 View Post
                            Bump.

We need a few more commitments, or these might not ever get made. If you are thinking about it, this could be your one shot. We need a few more orders, or these will never make it to production and never be available afterwards to our community.
                            Exactly right!

I'm hoping this comes to fruition! I'd love an off the shelf option for the 275/35/15 I picked up but if not I guess theres always custom 3 piece. (at triple the cost)
                            -Brad

Comment

Well guys, its looking like we don't have enough interest to get these produced. Such a bummer, for what its worth I really enjoyed working with Jongbloed and had exceptional contact/service with them. Bummer we couldn't bring something new to the community but if theres not interest there's not interest.
                              -Brad

Comment

I think it's the time of year, everyone is spending their money on holidays right now. Maybe try it out again mid spring?

And for what it's worth, the 15x10 et0 may *just* fit without spacers if the tire doesn't stick past the lip. A 3 piece wheel of the same specs would clear, but the extra thickness of the cast wheel lip is where the issue comes from.
                                Byron
                                Leichtbau

Comment

Working...
                                X