Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matthugie View Post
    Please don't stretch...
    Please stretch and poke the fuck out of them. Please do. My e-life is sustained by the butthurt of car forum users.
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      Sure as long as they pass tech.

But if you were serious about "performance," you'd just run the 16s as your street wheels and pick up a separate set for play time.

Either a 15x8 with 205/50 or 225/45, or a 17x8 with 235/40.
      Good to know. When I can afford a second set of wheels and tires just for performance I'll consider those sizes.

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
      Please stretch and poke the fuck out of them. Please do. My e-life is sustained by the butthurt of car forum users.
      Lol. That's fitting from someone who's a Tyler fan... I'm one too. golf wang bitch

Comment

Is it because of a lack of the right tire size for a 16" wheel on an E30 that its not recommended performance wise?

Comment

But if you were serious about "performance," you'd just run the 16s as your street wheels and pick up a separate set for play time.

please explain your size recommendations.
          Drifter??? High Quality Rack Spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mylch View Post
            please explain your size recommendations.
            There aren't many performance tires in that size anymore, Extreme Summer street tires or R-Comps. About the only size that really fits is 205/50/16.

So if you aren't putting any extra section width on the ground, why take the extra weight and rotational inertia of a heavier wheel/tire setup.

And if you're doing Hoosiers (then no reason to go to 17s), they have just released the A6/R6 in 245/40/15 to go along with the 275/35/15.

Yes, these are all slightly undersized so they change your gearing, but it pays off with the low weight and extra grip.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Am I missing something?? I havent seen one mention of offset
              How can anyone recommend a tire size without knowing offset?
              We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                Am I missing something?? I havent seen one mention of offset
                How can anyone recommend a tire size without knowing offset?
                I didn't want to blow anyone's mind.

If they are too lazy to research tire sizes, they are too lazy to research proper offsets as well.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Sure as long as they pass tech.

So the 225/45 will work ok with an 8? I was under the impression that it may be a bit too wide for an 8" wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerputzer View Post
                    So the 225/45 will work ok with an 8? I was under the impression that it may be a bit too wide for an 8" wheel.
                    What is the ET? It would work on et20/ but not be to friendly to your fenders at ET 15 or lower. If it has to be a 16 and you're using these wheels to be competitive in autocross in a street tire class, the Direzza ZII are the way to go. But their isn't an aboundance of decent wheels at 4x100 16x8 et20. You'd be better off getting some 15x8 trm's with RS3's or Rivals for autocross and some 16 x 8/9 with some nancy pants tires for driving slow and impressing kids at car meets lol. :nice:
                    sigpic
                    1991 318is S52
                    1987 325i Vert
                    1991 325i
                    2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

15X8 Trm c1's et 20. Was just wondering if the 225/45 would work ok since the tread width is wider than the wheel width.

Comment

The 225/45s are actually even faster on a 9" wheel, it's well documented in the Miata community.

15X8 Trm c1's et 20. Was just wondering if the 225/45 would work ok since the tread width is wider than the wheel width.
                        The TRM wheels have abysmal quality control.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Thats the first complaint I've seen of these. I have 2 sets that I've been running for at least 3 years and have not experienced any problems.
                          S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                          What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                          Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
                            Thats the first complaint I've seen of these. I have 2 sets that I've been running for at least 3 years and have not experienced any problems.
                            I've seen numerous pics of as much as 1/8" difference in the depth of the spokes. That's a bunch when you're trying to stuff big brakes behind them.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

The 225/45s are actually even faster on a 9" wheel, it's well documented in the Miata community.
                              That's what i'm getting at. The tire test in the recent grm issue suggest that the wheel width should be equal to or slightly greater than tread width. They said running a 205/50/15 on an 8 was better than a 225/45/15 on an 8. There was almost no difference in time but the 205/50/15 was much more crisp. They went on to say the 225/45/15 on a 9 was night and day compared to it on an 8.

I've seen numerous pics of as much as 1/8" difference in the depth of the spokes. That's a bunch when you're trying to stuff big brakes behind them.
                              Trm's have there purpose. A cheap light 15x8. They're well known for not being big brake friendly.

Comment

There are some Konigs that fit the bill. I'm running the Flatout's now, 15x8 Et25 with 205/50 R888s. Check out www.good-win-racing.com

It easily fits this 11" Dynapro setup.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X