X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Originally posted by FLG View Post
    Haoming, geometry would be severely off if using the m3 setup for the sway bar with the wheels being so far out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Of course ; as wise fab is designed suspension rates and motion to DELETE THE FRONT BAR.

Frankly the idea of using drift parts on a hill climb car is only interesting if the car is drifting up the hillclimb like the mad mike rx7 4 rotor animal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• E30SPDFRK
    replied
    Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
    Wut That is the steering ratio, and it is changed... You turn the steering wheel this much ___ and the wheel turns this much __.
    The OP was looking for 1 turn lock to lock. What I meant thaw hat I said was that if you have to turn 3 times lock to lock now, you will still need to turn 3 turns lock to lock with the wisefab kit. The ratio of wheel to steering wheel input will change, but you won't get less turns.

Leave a comment:

• FLG
    replied
    Haoming, geometry would be severely off if using the m3 setup for the sway bar with the wheels being so far out.

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern View Post
    ^ this.

The link specifically states there is no provision for an endlink/swaybar, and I'm typically against arbitrarily drilling holes in critical suspension components. But as wangan said, you could definitely find a way.

M3 sway bar links attach between Strut housing and sway bar............

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    ^ this.

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
    Looks like there is a hole for the sway bar, and if not it is not hard to drill one.
    The link specifically states there is no provision for an endlink/swaybar, and I'm typically against arbitrarily drilling holes in critical suspension components. But as wangan said, you could definitely find a way.

Leave a comment:

• 10Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
    First of all, the wisefab kit doesn't effect steering ratio at all. All it changes is the angle the wheels move from turning the steering wheel the same amount.
    Wut That is the steering ratio, and it is changed... You turn the steering wheel this much ___ and the wheel turns this much __.

It does change it, but I does look like all these kits are more designed for drifting not real racing.

All the OP really needs is something like the end piece that connects to the strut housing and changes the pivot location and or the tie rod location closer together.

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Originally posted by Massimo View Post
    It will be mostly hillclimbs time attacks. It is more a comfort thing then a function change. Obviously I can do with our it but would be nice not having to cross hands over to make sharp turns. Just wanted to see if anyone sore any disadvantages in it.

Yes it was designed for drift but dose not mean it can not be used for racing.
    Wisefab kit was designed with one of my clients in europe for full professional drifting. There was no intention of having a front sway bar in the initial design; however anything can be adapted.

Realistically if the desire is to have a Hillclimb car; more steering angle is not really needed; massive power and AERO is. huge steering angle is DRIFT stuff; if you are drifting while attempting to hillclimb then something is wrong with the footwork setup (or the driver just really wishes he was a drifter)

if going for more angle from a Stock BMW rack a Z4 rack (unpowered), or z4m rack (powered) or e46m rack would hit both targets of MORE ANGLE and QUICKER RATIO.

Leave a comment:

• Mylch
    replied
    You can get the road/race kit from SLR which does not include his arms I think.

Leave a comment:

• E30SPDFRK
    replied
    First of all, the wisefab kit doesn't effect steering ratio at all. All it changes is the angle the wheels move from turning the steering wheel the same amount. If the only thing you want is a quicker ratio steering, mount a steering multiplier into your steering column.

Second, the wisefab kit completely destroys your front geometry for anything but drifting. It is designed to keep your front wheels flat on the ground while at opposite lock, if you are trying to turn normally the tread patch will barely be on the ground on both sides. The new tie rod location also screws with the direction the wheels are pointing while turning compared to stock, so the front tires will scrub and you will have horrible understeer.

All drift kits are this way

Leave a comment:

• FLG
    replied
    Pretty sure you'll have more camber with the slr kit then the wide fab one.

Reason being, slr kit is fd/pro am legal, wise fab kit isn't, though I do think they make one that is. Reason being, the wise fab kit relocates the upper mount further out as well which helps the camber issue, but is not legal. The slr kit does not and your stuck running around 6 degrees of negative camber. Fine and livable for a drift car, not very optimal for throwing your car around at high speeds though.

Also to add, Sean from slr is a great guy... Just a bit of a pain to get a hold of. Also I'm not sure if his new design incorporates a sway bar provision but i know for a fact he could add one.

Leave a comment:

• Massimo
    replied
    I would expect the car to be twitchy with this. I noticed that there seems to be some excessive camber due to the longer control arm that is a bit of a concern.

Though someone has mentioned this kit http://slrspeed.com/applications/e30/ its a bit cheaper and has adjustable end links which can help with that camber issue.

If I do end up getting one I will be sure to let everyone know my thoughts

Leave a comment:

• 10Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern View Post
    Also, what would you do for a front swaybar? The kit doesn't include any provisions for the oem bar, and even if you strut mounted something, the extra distance (horizontally) to the strut would cause issues with endlinks in fitment, life, and leverage on the swaybar.

Looks like there is a hole for the sway bar, and if not it is not hard to drill one.

Leave a comment:

• kendogg
    replied
    I would think that this would make the front end VERY twitchy, because ever so slight changes in steering input will result in massive changes of steering angle at the wheels. Like, the slightest amount of bump steer could potentially induce a spin unless you have a very high skillset and have driven cars with a nearly 1 turn lock-lock steering setup.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Also, what would you do for a front swaybar? The kit doesn't include any provisions for the oem bar, and even if you strut mounted something, the extra distance (horizontally) to the strut would cause issues with endlinks in fitment, life, and leverage on the swaybar.

Leave a comment:

• 10Toes
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X