Wisefab Lock Kit for race applications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
    I think some are a bit confused with what I am trying to acheve here. I do not want more steering angle I simply want to be able to got 1 turn lock to lock with maybe slightly less steering angle then Stock.

I am not looking for made steering angle for mad drifto. I want to be able to keep my hand on the steering wheel the whole time with out having to cross my hands over. As I mentioned it is not a necessity more of a want.

The SLR kit dose look more fitted, to what I want. plus it is cheaper. It is just a thought for now as my car is years away from running again.
    Solution:

Hire driving coach to teach you how to hill climb without using much steering wheel.
    Add enough power to steer with right foot

If a aftermarket steering rack is desired for ridiculous short ratio its smart to just buy one/have one made: there are companies that produce racing ratio racks for other manufactures applications: ask them. Popular with rally cars: evolution/STi. 1.2 turns lock to lock is avail to bolt on to those cars; some money would be able to procure a flaming river u joint setup to connect from any chassis to any rack and some more money would let you mount the rack to x member and setup the tie rods to work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 11-21-2013, 09:02 AM.
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
      I take that back, I didn't look very closely at the SLR setup. definitely looks more promising than the wisefab, and if it doesn't add tons of camber( or if you can order them with shorter arms) then it may be a cheap bump steer/roll center correction setup.
      I just searched around and found that SLR also sell spherical ball joints for E30/E36/E46 arms. The SLR website kinda sucks, but it looks like these bearings might be the ticket for affordable roll center correction. No price on their website though.
      -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
        I just searched around and found that SLR also sell spherical ball joints for E30/E36/E46 arms. The SLR website kinda sucks, but it looks like these bearings might be the ticket for affordable roll center correction. No price on their website though.

Kinda? It sucks long time bro, lol. I couldn't find them, but I'm on a shitty computer at work too rocking IE7......

Comment

SLR does offer the kit, ive talked them about it several times, but havent bought yet as im still unsure on my final measurements.

Anywho, doesnt help OP

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
            ^^^Problem solved

With something like this on my 95 m3 rack I'd be roughly 1.5T lock to lock. get a z3 with a quickener and you'd be at around 1.35T LTL...........I might buy one of these hahaha
            how difficult would it be to put one of these in-line with your steering rack?

sounds like a load of fun to drive LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
              how difficult would it be to put one of these in-line with your steering rack?

sounds like a load of fun to drive LOL
              Not sure, you'd probably need a new shaft to replace the stock one and some flaming river splined sleeve to match. Just metal......haha
              sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

The wisefab kit is awesome for drifting, best part is the zero Ackerman. I wouldn't recommend it for anything but drifting, pm me if you want more info about it. My brother 4ce30 and I bought the kit a couple years ago and both love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
                  I think some are a bit confused with what I am trying to acheve here. I do not want more steering angle I simply want to be able to got 1 turn lock to lock with maybe slightly less steering angle then Stock.

I am not looking for made steering angle for mad drifto. I want to be able to keep my hand on the steering wheel the whole time with out having to cross my hands over. As I mentioned it is not a necessity more of a want.

The SLR kit dose look more fitted, to what I want. plus it is cheaper. It is just a thought for now as my car is years away from running again.
                  I can't see why in a hillclimb you would ever need to cross your hands over. Which you should really never do any how, you should be shuffling your hands.

Get the e36 rack first and see how that is for you. Though it's only like a 20% actual change (IIRC) from the e30 rack, it feels MUCH quicker. I suspect it will satisfy you (in combination with a smaller wheel). If it doesn't, THEN look at more extreme options.
                  Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
                  Track/street e21 build
                  visit Condor Speed Shop
                  visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Working...
                  X