Clear All

^^Some very nice set ups!
    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
    Originally posted by roguetoaster
    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by 78kona View Post
      Dyno4mance, I really like your "flocked" dash. I think I may do it to my race car. How much of the fiber material did it take to do your dash? Did you use the spray applicator?
      Yes, used the spray applicator and I think it was a big 1LB bag of fibers in black
      It helps to lay the fibers on thick...

2.7L M20 11:1 COMP 195 whp Dyno Dynamics 2380lbs

Comment

I also did the Donjer flocking kit on my dash....I would really recommend the kit to anybody. Although I must say that those damn fibers go EVERYWHERE

Comment

here's a video of ours after a slight malfunction:

I'm going to be 3D-printing the next one to mount to the dash bar.
          cars beep boop

Comment

Recent Rebranding!!
            Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
            E30 SM62/S62
            E30 M60 V8
            E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
            Instagram.com/garageaholic
            Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by iflytii View Post
              I've since added a couple gauges and some labeling but this is the only good pic I have.

Fiberglass dash with "krinkle coat" paint. I sure like the flocking route as detailed above so might have to do that on the next project.
              This is an amazing dash! Can you please give us details on the instruments? Steering column, speedometer, etc...
              I'm retiring my m3 from the track and planing on tracking my e30.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by el bimmer View Post
                This is an amazing dash! Can you please give us details on the instruments? Steering column, speedometer, etc...
                I'm retiring my m3 from the track and planing on tracking my e30.
                The Dash is a fiberglass one that DTM fiberwerks is selling.

The main gauge system is a Stack 81xx series and I have added an ATL fuel gauge not shown in that pic (the stack didn't want to play nice with my ATL fuel cell sender).

The progressive shift light is made by Ecliptech.
                These have become so popular for good reason. Know where your torque is... and use it. Find out more about progressive shift lights and features you need.

I'm using paneltronics rocker switch panel with integral breakers.
                Waterproof Rocker Switch Panels, WATERPROOF PANELS and ROCKER SWITCH PANELS Manufacturers, Splash proof fuseholders with 10 Amp fuses provide overcurrent protection.

The red dial is a tilton brake bias adjuster, the small dial above that is for my cool suit.

The steering column is made by Woodward. It's one of their safety columns with a collapsible section.

Comment

Working...
                X