replied
    Originally posted by Eric View Post

DSCN4019 by ericandshovin, on Flickr

Found another one
    That wing is righteous!

Leave a comment:

• e30_302
    replied
    I know you were kidding, that's why I said thanks :) It is a Lemons car afterall, can't look too well thought out.

Leave a comment:

• RoccoB517
    replied
    Originally posted by e30_302 View Post
    Thanks.

I was only kidding, she looks like a track monster. I love it.

Leave a comment:

• shadowracer
    replied
    I added a rear belly pan to my e30 and can say from personal experience it made a HUGE difference......as to the rest of the story behind that I'm pleading the "5th".

Leave a comment:

• e30_302
    replied
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• RoccoB517
    replied
    Originally posted by e30_302 View Post
    I look forward to reading through this later, always looking for something to waste time on.

I doubt any of this does any good:

Aw, c'mon, I'm sure it helps with the hideous.

Leave a comment:

• e30_302
    replied
    I look forward to reading through this later, always looking for something to waste time on.

I doubt any of this does any good:

Leave a comment:

• TobyB
    replied
    A pretty good explanation of gurney flaps.
    I didn't know it actually could DECREASE drag on a thick chord wing...

t

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
    Buy some plastic! Or snag a giant political ad board thing after an election? You know, one of those things that says "Obama for pres" or whatever... They're just gonna get thrown away anyway.
    LOL, if i need plastic ill keep this in mind

Leave a comment:

• NigelStu
    replied
    Political signs and all that have been hashed out on the ChumpCar forums. That material, even though they can be found just about anywhere, have a value associated with it. Value which I can't add to the car without getting laps. So I get to be extra creative. :D

Hadn't though about creating lift in the rear by making it flat - I'll have to look into that more. My intent would be to also remove the vertical sheet metal below the bumper, so that bottom side of trunk floor would be flat all the way out, nothing to catch any air under there.

Leave a comment:

• DER E30
    replied
    Buy some plastic! Or snag a giant political ad board thing after an election? You know, one of those things that says "Obama for pres" or whatever... They're just gonna get thrown away anyway.

Leave a comment:

• jalopi
    replied
    I don't know how much cutting out the spare tire well would help - if anything I'd figure the air would catch the rear bumper/valence faster & harder. Full body undertrays, on the other hand, really do intrigue me:

Not really sure how feasible/reasonable this would be on our cars though

Leave a comment:

• BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelStu View Post
    I'm wondering if there would be a positive or negative effect from removing the spare tire well, fitting flat sheet metal in place to cover the hole, and then trim the metal under the rear bumper. Basically make the entire area behind the axle flat, removing any protrusions under the back of the car.

With the rule changes in ChumpCar for this year, we are losing the plexi rear windows (and sweet wing) and now I'm looking for ways to balance out the aero drag.
    Have you looked under the back of an M3? You can't see the spare tire well, the exhaust wraps around the outside of it and its pretty smooth. Sure things could be better, but for a factory setup, its pretty well done. No doubt with some custom fabrication one could clean things up even more.

On the topic of spare tire well deletion, some of the guys with racing Alfa GTVs have both eliminated the spare tire well and the fuel tank only to find the car was slower with a bad case of high speed rear end lift. Granted, two different cars, but its possible you could encounter the same thing. In the case of vintage racing however, you can't build a diffuser under there.

Will

Leave a comment:

• NigelStu
    replied
    I'm wondering if there would be a positive or negative effect from removing the spare tire well, fitting flat sheet metal in place to cover the hole, and then trim the metal under the rear bumper. Basically make the entire area behind the axle flat, removing any protrusions under the back of the car.

With the rule changes in ChumpCar for this year, we are losing the plexi rear windows (and sweet wing) and now I'm looking for ways to balance out the aero drag.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X