Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• superleggeram3
    replied
    moatilliatta Thank you. It’s a tricky balance of sticking with the classic and iconic look of an m3 but at the same time my personal “want” to hang with modern cars like a 991.2 gt3 rs on track.

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    superleggeram3 Pretty trick! thanks for sharing. Id much rather have better under body aero than ugly wings. BTW I think I follow you on Instagram :)
    Last edited by moatilliatta; 07-07-2022, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• superleggeram3
    replied
    Unfortunately I don’t have many pictures but I had to weld a series of brackets on the underside and used rivnuts. That combined with the number of fixings and appropriate thickness of carbon fibre means no flex in the floor.

I left the exhaust partially exposed as managing heat from that would have been quite difficult.

Leave a comment:

• Panici
    replied
    Originally posted by superleggeram3 View Post
    Some aero enhancements I’ve made on mine. All made a good difference
    Wow that flat bottom looks wild!
    Any shots of the support structure?

Leave a comment:

• superleggeram3
    replied
    Some aero enhancements I’ve made on mine. All made a good difference

Leave a comment:

• dvallis
    replied
    We're starting the splitter build this weekend. Found a late bumper and air dam locally. Will build this out to a full race front end, keep the current one for street.

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwave
    replied
    I might try that elevator bolt idea for the trunk stoppers, just for something more solid and that you can fully lock into position.

Leave a comment:

• redneckvtek
    replied
    This wing has 20,000 race miles on it on this chassis and this trunklid with multiple tire wall impacts. Trunklid is good to go. I have to readjust the rubber trunk stoppers after each race but thats it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4300.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	10056798

Leave a comment:

• tyeler18
    replied
    Evo's are notorious for folding the trunk lids with a lot of rear down force. This is actually an on going discussion on the evo board. A lot of guys replace the rubber trunk stoppers with an elevator bolt and then replace the forward wing mount bolt with a hood pin through the frame. Keeps the front from lifting and the rear from folding down. I think the e30 trunk lid has more structure to it though. Its certainly heavier. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220519_104809_1aaa00994b62d3bd184dfe5c913b3f096d2812ff.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	10056778

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwave
    replied
    None. Haven't run the car yet.

Leave a comment:

• dvallis
    replied
    Wing sits directly on box frames built into the trunk lid and is close to the rear quarter reinforcements. I can stand on either corner with no flex. We're good. Lap times TBD but the car is noticeably more stable at speed.

Leave a comment:

• hoveringuy
    replied
    What kind of "before and after" data do you guys have? cornering speeds? lap times? straight top speed?

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwave
    replied
    Nobody makes a "frame mount" wing kit for E30s unfortunately. The trunk seems strong enough to support this sort of installation.

I have a Bimmerworld V3 carbon wing (65" wide, 18" uprights) and it's mounted the same way. I can more or less hang on the wing. The trunk is pinned tightly (hood pins in front, latches in back) to take up any slack in the trunk seal.

Leave a comment:

• hasa
    replied
    Normally competition wings like this (not riceboy cosmetics) are attached to rigid places on car body, or supported with tubular constructions. Do you have some extra tubing under the trunk lid?

Leave a comment:

• dvallis
    replied
    I love my wing : - )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X